Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
commentary on a few topics

Looking around these threads I've come to know and love, I have found a recurring set of themes. They are as folows: dw7k, Dund, Tealord, and a few other suck, the samurai archers and 4th Mass are useless now, elves are going to be really good, and curse of Ne-Gok-Sa. We can forget about the last.

The first topic can be silenced by the Embrace the suck thread, but I would like to quick give my opinion for this. Units are thought with future releases in mind. How many kills can 7k rack up against the elves? Many. Dund will be very good against Kato and Ulginesh, and Tealord, well, his help comes from a unit before him (omnicrom snipers).

The next topic has been getting me upset. People are saying that the 4th Mass are doomed. They are not. think of this: 5 4th mass cost 350 points. 5 10th regiment cost 375 points. That little cost difference changes who else you can use. Now, people may be thinking ""Well the 10th are good because your army isn't limited" I say that the 4th mass are good because they aren't limited by defence. Charos is a good valiant unit, the knights are good, the sentinels are good. The 4th Mass aren't limited so much seeing as the other valiant units are good. The 4th Mass give you less points for a figure that has proved it's worth tons of times and has some great synergy.
Now, the TSA won't die either. The thing is, it doesn't matter how little there 3 defense counter strike comes into play. Often times, it doesn't come into play because your opponent fears it. They are worried that they will die to counter strike, so they don't attack them so much. I've had more units die from disengaging them then by counter strike. The 10th have good melee defence, but that doesn't mean they won't be attacked. In fact, they will be attacked a lot. The TSA are great, not because of their abilities, but because of Psychological warfare.

People have been saying things about the elves being very good. They won't make it in the long run, but they are going to help a few units. DW9k got better as did James Murphey and all other multiple group attackers. The elves huddle up, thus making these guys able to wreak havoc on them. Also, the elves lack fire power. All the elves are doing, is helping other units out, which is a good thing.

A unit can't be bad because it has huge potential. Many units have been boosted by this wave. A unit can't be phased out because people have memories of them, like them, and are confident with them, or in the TSA's case, they have something special. Never Underestimate the power of the mind game. and also, elves aren't going to be the best units ever. They are 100% necessary, however, because they boost many units.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: commentary on a few topics

I totally agree! You have to look at synergies in old units too, not just old ones.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation
Re: commentary on a few topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDAR88 View Post
I totally agree! You have to look at synergies in old units too, not just old ones.
sorry i meant to say "old units too, not just new ones"

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Then hit the edit button on your post instead of posting twice, that is a no no.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
sorry i meant to say "old units too, not just new ones"
You can edit your posts. If you don't know how to do that, there should be a button at the bottom of your post saying edit. It looks like this:
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No matter what I still don't like DW7K.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
All growed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
No matter what I still don't like DW7K.
Your totally entitled to that opinion. I'm just saying...Elves go big boom!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hear you. And what I said was definitely tongue in cheek. Keep in mind that some of us have been rehashing these debates for over four years now.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

If you could figure out a way to keep DW7K alive long enough to get him into position he'd find more use but there's no bodyguard figure to help him do so.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion