Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Old November 21st, 2022, 03:17 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker
Re: AoA Proxy Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Sorry. This is kind of ridiculous. You guys saying that some of us 3d modeling types can't make a file or sell a print of something that slightly resembles these( or at least post a link here) but 99% of these links are to etsy and myminifactory which are all 3d prints, or files of 3d prints. Do you guys really think a 3rd party sculpted model is going to make the difference. 1. You are using the same character names. 2. You are using images of the same models that were used in the campaign. 3. You are using the cards abilities and stats as close to the originals as you can. Then saying, no, you can't make a character from scratch in 3d software that resembles the characters, even if you do the work yourself.
My motivation for including the links I did wasn't so much to circumnavigate any potential copyright pitfalls that may result in using .stl files of the original sculpts or to dissuade anyone from making their own renders of the characters but to provide access to models for anyone who doesn't have reliable access to a 3D printer (like myself). I think those that have the ability to make 3D models of the figures and print them should absolutely go for it, but for the time being here's a bunch of other options to draw from as well if some people didn't have the means to do that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units