Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 9th, 2006, 07:28 AM

cavie Woo who?
This is awesome chicano! This is exactly the kind of stuff I like adding to maps/scenarios to keep the game interesting. Please add this to my changing terrain scenarios thread, I love it!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=529
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Hi guys, thx for your feedback =)

cavie: iīve posted my additions to your changing terrain thread.

shakey_snake: Good questions! I have some ideas but first a little map update:

Yellow spots now mark the occupied brandar switches and how the bridge moves accordingly. At the beginning of the game, there will be no bridge until the first brandar glyph is occupied.

Two make it more attractive to get to the bridge, there are roads now. On the right side i will add some more glyphs, perhaps a scenario goal. Chaning the ruins positions is an idea to "force" the teams to use the bridges, thx shakey_snake! ...or i just flood the valley? I think a playtest will show. =)

If a figure is on the spot where the bridge should move:

1) The bridge moves and the figure is pushed down from that tile. But it might be a problem if where is already standing another figure...

2) simpler rule would be that the bridge just canīt move as long as the connecting tile is occupied. The figure on that tile may get a wound everytime for blocking the bridge? ...not sure about that.

I will try to post the finished "Bridge Switch" Scenario PDF tomorrow.

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:44 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0
2) simpler rule would be that the bridge just canīt move as long as the connecting tile is occupied. The figure on that tile may get a wound everytime for blocking the bridge? ...not sure about that.
With Magma Mountain, I had the boat dock to the river banks on molten lava. maybe you could put that there.
If a lavaguy or Brunak sits on the lava space, then the bridge can't move.
Old June 9th, 2006, 08:11 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
has anyone tried Mount Rush?
How hard would it be to increase the height, so that the Mount was harder to get up to when taking the uncontested "shortcut" that is created when the 2-hex pieces make it accessible?
And it's hard to tell form the pic - is it exactly symmetrical? It looked in the build photo like some of the water heights/climbs were unequal between the two sides.

But these look GREAT, and I'm very interested in reports about the 2 maps that have changeable terrain.
Old June 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM

shakey_snake: yes, thatīs a possible way to do it, but sadly not for me, as i have no vw...

But i solved the problem in a rude way

If the bridge moves to a tile and a figure is standing there, the figure will be smashed and destroyed by the bridge. So you rather will not try to block the bridge.

reapersaurus: thanks for your feedback! I couldnīt test the maps myself yet, cause latley had no chance to gather with friends for hs and now with the soccer worldcup in germany...

My two latest maps arenīt 100% symmetrical/mirrored as most of my maps, but i tried to build similar sides and balance the scenarios.

Bridge Switch is released!

Old June 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM

Hi Scaper,

there was a tile in the way to place the lower left ruin properly, sorry, but itīs fixed now!

As the map is rather small, i was thinking to add some fog to the map (range -2 or -3) not sure about that, please tell me how the scenario worked, if you play it, thx!

Chicano.

Old June 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0
My two latest maps arenīt 100% symmetrical/mirrored as most of my maps, but i tried to build similar sides and balance the scenarios.
Is there any way you could find the time/effort to build them symmetrical, or would that be rather difficult?

And if you could build up the sides of the Mount to make it harder to access once the 2-hex pieces come in, I think that would make it a stronger scenario.

I know this might go past a 1-MS requirement, if you have that, but could you just use however many hexes to make it work that way and post it as a variant, 2-MS map?

I'm thinking about running this at the NorCal GameDay, and would love to get that alternate version of the map.
Old June 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
great stuff ch1cano, keep them coming, if you keep making them i'll keep using them
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
deutsche wertarbeit
great work Ch1can0
i get in some days my 3 rttff sets , then i could buldid a big brige.
i hade some switch idea too with lava and watter. for tundara could a lava switch melt glaciers. that switch ida could lift plattfrorms too.

the problem is only a good looking map. when the castel comes are better solutions why a brige can switch.
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM

thx every1 for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Is there any way you could find the time/effort to build them symmetrical, or would that be rather difficult?
Hi reapersaurus, it would be rather impossible =) A 100% symmetrical map has a center spot and the opposite sides are always exactly the same. Mount rush with a hill (not in the center of the map) and a "U" forming the outer part and "bridge switch" with the moving bridge between 3 points canīt be build 100% symmetrical, but they are as symmatrical as possible

Quote:
And if you could build up the sides of the Mount to make it harder to access once the 2-hex pieces come in, I think that would make it a stronger scenario.
In cavies thread i wrote 2 variations: To place the 2. connecting tiles a round later oder i build some water around the map. The 1. Variation would be simpler and a more effective way, as also flying units are stopped by the gap, but not by water...

Quote:
I know this might go past a 1-MS requirement, if you have that, but could you just use however many hexes to make it work that way and post it as a variant, 2-MS map?
mmmh, both maps are already 2 MS maps, or do i missunderstand your question?

Quote:
I'm thinking about running this at the NorCal GameDay, and would love to get that alternate version of the map.
Hey, that would be cool... Here is a variation, the teams doesnīt start so close together anymore... hope the scenario could be used, or do you always play 100% symmetrical only?

old

new

Old June 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
has been BANNED

The bridge scenario, while VERY cool in concept, is a bit too much change-ability to try on a GameDay, I'd guess.
I was interested in the Mount scenario to try. And it seemed like it could be made symmetrical...? I thought it was mirror-able?

And I didn't notice they were 2 MS maps already. OK, make them 3 MS.
Anything to pump up the height on the Mount so someone can't just (basically) waltz up the side of the Mountain once the 2-hexes open up a land bridge on the side.
I understand that one could always just delay the land bridge till later rounds if it was a problem, but what I liked about the scenario is that there were multiple ways that could be done. As long as someone wanted to invest the right units and enough order markers, he might be able to rush around the side and make it to the top of the Mount, but not too easily at all. I liked the 2 directions that a general could send his troops.
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The bridge scenario, while VERY cool in concept, is a bit too much change-ability to try on a GameDay, I'd guess.
mmmh, o.k. i couldnīt test it yet, so i understand your concern but i believe that the rules are quite clear & simple.

Quote:
I was interested in the Mount scenario to try. And it seemed like it could be made symmetrical...? I thought it was mirror-able?
symmetrical and mirror-able isnīt the same. You can turn a big hextile by 180° to make it symmetrical, but you canīt flip the big tile to place it mirrored. Mmmh, i think some pics might explain it better (-:

symmetrical - but not mirrored. tile was turned around 180°

mirrored - but not possible. As you canīt flip the tile, the right one simply doesnīt exist.

mirrored - rebuild so you have to rebuild the shape to get it 100% mirrored

And Mount Rush ist not a symmetrical map, itīs "mirror-style". But it would be a big waste of tiles to make it 100% mirrored. It canīt be done imo, but iīm repeating myself...

Quote:
And I didn't notice they were 2 MS maps already.
Hey, does the map looks like such a waste of tiles ?!?

Quote:
OK, make them 3 MS.
Sir, Yes, Sir.

Quote:
Anything to pump up the height on the Mount so someone can't just (basically) waltz up the side of the Mountain once the 2-hexes open up a land bridge on the side.
I understand that one could always just delay the land bridge till later rounds if it was a problem, but what I liked about the scenario is that there were multiple ways that could be done. As long as someone wanted to invest the right units and enough order markers, he might be able to rush around the side and make it to the top of the Mount, but not too easily at all. I liked the 2 directions that a general could send his troops.
Iīm not a fan of to many levels, not because i donīt have enough sets, rather because i believe that it just slows down the movement of walking units. And flying units ignoring heights get an even bigger advantage.

But an easy way to add high to Mount Rush would be just to add every level/layer twice from the second or third layer on=higher mount. Because i donīt know if i can make a new pdf until your gameday. And iīm still not sure if you want the scenario at all, as it will not be 100% .... you know

Bye, Chicano.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios