Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation
Jotun throw into a Nakita buddy

Dunno if this has been asked before... if there is a quick answer give it to me so we can lock this puppy up. Let's say Jotun throws a rat next to a Nakita (who is on Jotun's team) and doesn't cause damage. Does the Nakita roll for engagement strike against the rat?

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Re: Jotun throw into a Nakita buddy

Okay, just found a thread about this, but it never posted a clear yes or no, although most people went with "yes"

Old October 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkclown789 View Post
Okay, just found a thread about this, but it never posted a clear yes or no, although most people went with "yes"
Yes
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

No.

Jotun's power places a figure on a hex. The figure does not move. A figure has to move to trigger Engagement Strike.
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Cavalier is correct. Any type of move (summoning, throwing) has been ruled to count as moving for Engagement Strike. In other words, if they weren't there before, but they are now, they can be "booted in the head" (as I've seen it called) or pistol-whipped (which I like to call it).

Arkmer, on the other hand, goes "ka-BISH!" with his staff. (10,000,000,000,001 points if you know there reference, because I don't think anyone got it last time.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Cavalier is correct. Any type of move (summoning, throwing) has been ruled to count as moving for Engagement Strike. In other words, if they weren't there before, but they are now, they can be "booted in the head" (as I've seen it called) or pistol-whipped (which I like to call it).
I think this might even be covered in the FAQ.

-insert signature here-
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Cavalier is correct. Any type of move (summoning, throwing) has been ruled to count as moving for Engagement Strike.
Do you have a reference for that? There's nothing in the advanced FAQ like that.
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Still confused... I guess I'm going to go with majority vote for playtesting...

Old October 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Quote:
Cavalier is correct. Any type of move (summoning, throwing) has been ruled to count as moving for Engagement Strike.
Do you have a reference for that? There's nothing in the advanced FAQ like that.
Here's an old thread where this was discussed and towards the end of the page the link takes you too TyrionXavier, give a very good example of why you do take Engagement Strike.

If not in the FAQ then theGuru must have ruled on this already somewhere.

-insert signature here-
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Here's an old thread where this was discussed and towards the end of the page the link takes you too TyrionXavier, give a very good example of why you do take Engagement Strike.

Hmm. That is the most logical way of treating lava and makes things simpler overall. I agree that's how it should work, but the wording doesn't indicate that on its own, even just looking at how lava triggers. A bit ought to be added in the actual rule book to say that powers that move figures also count as movement.
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm. That is the most logical way of treating lava and makes things simpler overall. I agree that's how it should work, but the wording doesn't indicate that on its own, even just looking at how lava triggers. A bit ought to be added in the actual rule book to say that powers that move figures also count as movement.
Agreed, for simplicity if nothing else.

-insert signature here-
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM

iamawesome Woo who?

my friend will be recieving this character soon (along with that entire expansion), and due to the fact that we all pool our guys together, I'm extremely excited to get an ADDITIONAL use out of my nakita agents whom i strongly favor. this is a kickin' idea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's