Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 30th, 2016, 11:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Utah/Idaho Dungeon Defenders Tournament

UTAH and IDAHO
DUNGEON DEFENDERS TOURNAMENT
This Tournament has been cancelled
It's tournament time again! We're calling all Heroscapers from eastern/southern Idaho and Utah to come get in on the action.

The Format:
540 point armies; 23 hexes; 50min clock; 4 rounds.
Dungeon Defender Format: I will be bringing the Crystal DO Objects
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

House Rules Apply: yes to C3V/SoV and HoSS (no Bib Fortuna Hoss Card), no marvel.
This is a Swiss System tournament with game style: Wins are counted, but to determine placement for losing players, we will also count Partial card totals of defeated enemies.

When: Saturday August 11th, show up 12:00 noon, get checked in/setup: roll dice @12:30pm

Where:
Heebeegeebeez Games and Comics
541 N Main St, Logan, UT 84321
How Much: $5. All of it will go towards prizes as store credit. There will also be a prize table, so feel free to bring any Heroscape or non-Heroscape prizes for people to enjoy.

Food: We will do a 30 min Lunch Break after Round 2

Parking:Parking in rear of the store

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own…pre-made 540pt armies (and order markers etc) will be constructed, and you will be allowed to use them for the tournament. You may select them on a first come first serve basis.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Attendees:
1. TREX
2. Sir Heroscape
3. Biggabullfrog
4. True Murray
5. The Dewk-maybe
6. Lt.col melodious munches+1 maybe
Glyph Pool
TBD
Maps
TBD

Prize Table:
The Entry Fees will go towards gift certificates to store credit at heebeegeebeez. Feel free to bring any contributions to the prize table as well. I'm sure I will figure some things out to bring as well.

Shout out to you all to let you know about the first Tournament I've been able to set up in Logan UT. The mid point between the two tourney grounds.
@The Dewk
@UtahScott @Starling_ @BiggaBullfrog @Leaf_It @DewNoHarm @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Isak @antmarchingroves @Saints_Wrath @Flash_19 @TrueMurray @tanmad21 @Sir Heroscape @dart48 @kmgenius @The B.I.V. @wjscaper @DaDude @ortimus @DeathStryker @TIM0THY @Aethiar @podunksarmy @Lt. Col. Meliodas Munches @Ginja Ninja @Tiranx

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; July 14th, 2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old June 30th, 2016, 11:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Goblin Town Throw Down: Tournament

Calling out to local and semi-local heroscapers for the event: @Sir Heroscape @podunksarmy @dreamscaper @Tiranx @dart48 @shmet @Scaperedude @wjscaper @UtahScott @The B.I.V. @Leaf_It @BiggaBullfrog

and anyone else lurking or I may have missed. and a special thanks to Sir Heroscape, I totally kinda had my way with some plagiarism using his tournament format.

Old July 3rd, 2016, 07:34 PM
"like" happy

Prize Update: The Double Barrelled Dice Roller-by Trex

Though the pics don't quite do it justice. All pieces were hand cut and made. This thing is just as solid as anything else I've made, and is guaranteed to be 100% unique. Straight out of my head, and ready for some dice.

Old July 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

@BiggaBullfrog, @The B.I.V., Sir Heroscape said you guys might make our tournament, that would be awesome. Feel free to bring some +ones. @wjscaper, and chance your ready for another trip up this way, we'd love to have you guys up.

Also, updated OP with more prizes and attendees. I will try to get the maps and the available army pics I will be bringing later tonight if the old schedule permits. @dart48 , are you going to make it, and/or be able to get any of the burly crew to come out. I need a little vengeance for you decimating my hydra/reg army.

Old July 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM
"like" happy

Updated Maps list in the OP.

Old July 15th, 2016, 10:27 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

I probably won't be able to make this one. Have family stuff going on, I will let you know if things change.
Old July 16th, 2016, 11:51 AM
"like" happy

Thanks for the update @wjscaper , let us know if things change, we'd love to have you up.

Old July 18th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Heard back from @BiggaBullfrog ...He's coming with a +1 ...so things are really starting to pull together. Now just to hear back from @The B.I.V.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 18th, 2016, 01:27 PM
"like" happy

Great news that you guys can come up @BiggaBullfrog . I have a lot of work to do to get all the final details together.

Old July 19th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Yup, barring any major unforeseen events we'll be there, and excited about it. Though just to throw this out there, my friend is pretty new to the Heroscape scene with only a few games under his belt (though we play a lot of AotP, so he has the basic stuff down). So he may ask questions about units and stuff. But hey, I've been playing for years and still do too sometimes.

Just a quick question or two in preparation - Will you guys be allowing same-figure different-card proxies? By which I mean, if I have Nerak, can I use him as a Swog Rider? Or if I have Elite Onyx Vipers, can I use them as normal Venoc Vipers? Or vice versa for either? Or, say I have a repainted 4th Mass figure as Samuel Brown that isn't the exact figure "officially" used for him, can I use that as him? These are just questions I like to throw out for general knowledge, and aren't in any way to hint at what armies may or may not be influenced by answers in of the affirmative or negative varieties.

Another question: anything I can do to help out? Any maps, pre-built armies, or any other general items of concern we can work on?

EDIT: One more - I just noticed that all the maps are going to be glyph free. Is there a specific reason for this? It makes me worry as without glyphs a lot of games can end up being really campy.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 20th, 2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old July 20th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm bringing some newer players as well, so don't sweat it.

As for figure proxies and glyphs that's totally up to @TREX since he's hosting it all. I don't mind either way, but I can see what you mean about camping without glyphs. though some glyphs do give a clear advantage - and that's kind of the point - they do also draw a lot of attention which makes the game a little more dynamic, as opponents seek to gain the edge by controlling the glyph. But I can see where TREX is coming from b/c without glyphs, it's solely based on a players ability to use his army effectively as is.

As for how to help out, the only thing I'd suggest would be if you'd be comfotable with giving a ride to @Scaperedude ? He lives in Riverton (just 15min south of you) and doesn't have a ride up. If not, I can totally understand but that did come to mind since he has no way up and would like to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Yup, barring any major unforeseen events we'll be there, and excited about it. Though just to throw this out there, my friend is pretty new to the Heroscape scene with only a few games under his belt (though we play a lot of AotP, so he has the basic stuff down). So he may ask questions about units and stuff. But hey, I've been playing for years and still do too sometimes.

Just a quick question or two in preparation - Will you guys be allowing same-figure different-card proxies? By which I mean, if I have Nerak, can I use him as a Swog Rider? Or if I have Elite Onyx Vipers, can I use them as normal Venoc Vipers? Or vice versa for either? Or, say I have a repainted 4th Mass figure as Samuel Brown that isn't the exact figure "officially" used for him, can I use that as him? These are just questions I like to throw out for general knowledge, and aren't in any way to hint at what armies may or may not be influenced by answers in of the affirmative or negative varieties.

Another question: anything I can do to help out? Any maps, pre-built armies, or any other general items of concern we can work on?

EDIT: One more - I just noticed that all the maps are going to be glyph free. Is there a specific reason for this? It makes me worry as without glyphs a lot of games can end up being really campy.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:47 PM
"like" happy

@BiggaBullfrog , the answer to proxies, is they are fine. I prefer not to proxy a giant with a dragon, but what you said sounds fine. With the maps, they shouldn't be too campy with the ones we've chosen without glyphs. We never use glyphs when we play, and some of them tilt the scales by quite a bit, so I would like to have a go without them. We are playing 1 hour rounds counting points for fully killed army cards, so that should be incentive enough to want to get some killing in. If you have the same amount of wins as the next guy but have less points you are going to place after him. That would be great if you guys made it. Also, would be great to have scaperedude. My brothers just confirmed they cannot come. I will be making pre made armies(I have been stretched for time lately and have not had a day off from work in about 13 days.) so if you guys could throw out a ballpark number on how many may need an army, it would be great. I have enough terrain to build quite a few maps, so if any of you want to bring a premade one that would be ok. If anything I will bring a few totes of terrain up and just need help with building. It should be fun. I look forward to throwing down with you all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events