Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:56 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/184865

Would this guy be ok as a hero or would he be shot down for being too recognizable?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd have trouble seeing that as a classic 'Scape figure.
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That guy looks way too superhero to me. All the Marvel ____goblins are pretty recognizable, IMO.
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
For Lord Revadac, I like the sound of Cadaver Particles. Just the sort of thing to be kicked up and breathed in when you hit him.

As far as his Insanity, I wish you'd take it even further. Make the fail hurt even more, have him attack the nearest friendly creature (moving to them, if he's able to reach them). But, on a high success (17+?) give him a +2 to attack, defense and move for the turn.

I'd love if he had another ability - Inspiring Fear. Give +1 movement to all your units that start within 4 spaces of him. So, do you move him up with your troops and benefit from the fear-inspired movement bonus, but risk him turning on his own troops in his madness? Or do you leave him in the back, sending his troops out to fight and die before he takes the field in a mad rush? I like this sort of risk-based decision making where it makes sense.
I'd considered a "more insane" power, like forcing him to move and attack a friendly figure, or a sort or "reverse engagement strike" on friendlies, but they either were *too* negative to make him viable, or too complicated to make the power work.

However I do like your idea of an adjacency aura, that gives you an incentive to put him near your own figures instead of just playing keep-away-from-the-crazy-skeleton. What about this?

Lord Revadac

MIASMA OF PESTILENCE 11
When Lord Revadac receives one or more wounds from an adjacent figure's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound. Miasma of Pestilence does not affect Undead, Constructs, or Soulborgs.

ETERNAL MADNESS
If Lord Revadac begins his turn adjacent to at least one friendly figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-3, he must attack one adjacent friendly figure and then end his turn. If you roll a 4 or higher, continue his turn normally.

SQUAD LEADERSHIP (name?)
All friendly Common Squad figures adjacent to Lord Revadac add 1 to their attack number.

I haven't tested it yet, but I think it would make him more interesting to play. Any thoughts?
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Squad Leadership is overpowered as written. Put Revadac next to any ranged squad and he dominates. I think maybe an Undead Melee Attack Aura will be better for Redavac's theme.

Quote:
Undead Attack Aura 1
All friendly Undead figures adjacent to Lord Redavac with a range of 1 add 1 die to their normal attack.
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why do I feel this guy will end up like Khosumet with an Aura?

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:21 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Undead Melee Squad aura works for me.... I'll playtest this version and see how it goes, and if it's worth complexicating him this way.

(Khosumet?)
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Undead Melee Squad aura works for me.... I'll playtest this version and see how it goes, and if it's worth complexicating him this way.

(Khosumet?)
He means by having a aura that affects a certain unit. For Khosumet it's relentless, yours is undead.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

(Khosumet?)
He means by having a aura that affects a certain unit. For Khosumet it's relentless, yours is undead.
I eman that he won't get into the action and his aura will never be used.

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think that Undead Aura, with no range 1 or squad restriction, better. It simplifies the card a lot, and I don't think that the **** ******** ******* would be overpowered with it. If anything, it'd add a fun option to them, like Marcus with Redcoats.

I see the Khousmet comparison, but Khousmet is inherently a stand-in-the-back cheerleader, with frontline capabilities. Revadac is a battlefield cheerleader.
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I think that Undead Aura, with no range 1 or squad restriction, better. It simplifies the card a lot, and I don't think that the **** ******** ******* would be overpowered with it. If anything, it'd add a fun option to them, like Marcus with Redcoats.

I see the Khousmet comparison, but Khousmet is inherently a stand-in-the-back cheerleader, with frontline capabilities. Revadac is a battlefield cheerleader.
Well that wasn't obvious...

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:50 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, it's not Op with the Slow Broccoli Battler. Coming to a C3V release near you.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards