Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Slingshot - Breathing

Yeah that's a concern of mine as well - I was gonna make some editing suggestions after work.
Old October 13th, 2020, 05:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I was going to suggest Cyborg for a class, which covers both Inhuman and Mutate versions - she does have robot arms after all. Do we have any evidence she's an Inhuman in the comics? I didn't think she's shown up since the original Secret Warriors series, and a brief Google says she showed up in a bit part in the latest one and was killed off ASAP. Not sure when they retconned it if they did.

Wording needs some tweaks to get everything working right, but I like the mechanics. Here's a once-over.

SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
Before moving normally with Slingshot, you may add 5 to her Move number. If you do, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. At the this turn, f Slingshot moved at least 5 spaces, you must immediately place Slingshot on the space she occupied at the start of the turn.

SLINGSHOT EXTRACTION
Before placing Slingshot on a space with Snapback Superspeed, you may choose an engaged small or medium figure adjacent to Slingshot. After placing Slingshot, you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

BIONIC PUNCH ATTACK
Instead of taking a turn with Slingshot, you may choose an adjacent figure. Move Slingshot up to 6 spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure, count the minimum number of spaces between Slingshot and that figure, then place Slingshot on the space she occupied before moving. Roll the 20-sided die, adding X to the roll, where X is the number of spaces counted. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.

-----

The only thing I'm not sure on is whether we want the snapback stuff to be for ANY movement, or just her normal, in-turn movement. I wrote it for normal, in-turn movement, because that's a lot simpler, but we could probably cobble something together for an "anytime, anywhere" version?
Old October 13th, 2020, 05:12 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Currently she snaps back only when exerting herself, otherwise she'd literally never be able to move out of the start zone.
Old October 13th, 2020, 07:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Man it bugs me that Bionic Punch Attack doesn't use her normal snapback thing, but it's tough to make that work and preserve all the current mechanics.

Fairly simple to do something like:

Quote:
Instead of attacking, you may choose any figure and count the minimum number of spaces between Slingshot and the chosen figure. If Slingshot is placed adjacent to that figure with her Snapback Superspeed special power this turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each space counted, to a maximum of +6. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.
But that cuts out the "she only gets to move 6, it all has to be in a straight line" stuff, and I have no idea how important that is. (I have a hard time imagining it would be, based on how her powers are described, but I have to assume it's not in the write-up for no reason, and the in-story logic somehow assigns importance to direction).

Might be interesting with Brand + any figure that really benefits from starting their turn unengaged (like some of our lassoers do, or Kirigi). You could get a cycle going where Slingshot extracts Kirigi or whoever on Brand's first "no damage" turn and then Brand hands Kirigi the second turn and they run right back into it.

Would it make sense to change the condition for snapback so that she snaps back if she uses the power at all instead of basing it on how far she moved? Seems weird if she can run across water, but only for 5 spaces, so she doesn't go back. Maybe that's how the character works, though.

(That would also have the benefit of making it so that if she's hanging out with someone who boosts Move numbers, she doesn't get snapped back just because Poison Ivy inspired her or whatever)
Old October 13th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zak this is an incredibly cool character you have here. Love the mechanics on her abilities. I was trying to figure out how to combine the 1st and 3rd powers because it seems like they work hand in hand anyway. This is what I came up with, it's a little wordy but I think it can be streamlined... maybe.

Quote:
SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
When moving Slingshot, you may add 5 to her movement value. If you do, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. If Slingshot has moved more than 5 spaces this turn, you must immediately place Slingshot on her original space at the end of her turn. Before placing Slingshot, you may choose one engaged small or medium figure you control adjacent to Slingshot, and place that figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot when moved back to her original space. Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old October 14th, 2020, 08:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's probably how I'd do it:

SNAPBACK SUPERSPEED
Before moving normally with Slingshot, you may add 5 to her Move number. If you do, Slingshot may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space. After her turn, if Slingshot moved at least 6 spaces, you must immediately place Slingshot on the space she occupied at the start of the turn.

SLINGSHOT EXTRACTION
Before placing Slingshot on a space with Snapback Superspeed, you may choose an engaged small or medium figure adjacent to Slingshot. After placing Slingshot, you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Slingshot. Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

BIONIC PUNCH
Before moving normally with Slingshot, you may choose a figure she is engaged with. After moving with Slingshot, instead of attacking, you may count spaces in a straight line between Slingshot and the chosen figure. At the end of your turn, if you place Slingshot adjacent to the chosen figure with Snapback Superspeed, roll the 20-sided die, adding X to the roll, where X is the number of spaces counted. If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives two wounds.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2020, 11:53 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Snapback stops her from using road boosts. Should trigger on if she added 5 to her move not how many spaces moved.
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I mean, we can really just do this, right?

"After her turn, if Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed, you must immediately place her on the space she occupied at the start of the turn."
Old October 15th, 2020, 10:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I mean, we can really just do this, right?

"After her turn, if Slingshot used Snapback Superspeed, you must immediately place her on the space she occupied at the start of the turn."
Yep definitely. Pretty sure when we were brainstorming the power we liked the idea if she got bonuses she triggered her snapback. But I don't know this character at all and was just thinking from a mechanical standpoint it was fun.
Old October 15th, 2020, 01:51 PM

Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby!

Apologies for the delay folks, ended up being rather busy yesterday and was unable to get back to this.

I have updated the SP with some of the suggestions that were presented, hopefully I did not miss anything.
Also decided on Inhuman for the species as it seemed like you all liked that idea for her.
As for points I feel 170 be a good starting point, but I am not good at these estimations. Perhaps [MENTION=2108]IAmBatman[/MENTION] would have a better idea for that, he seems to have the best knowledge at it haha
Old October 15th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd put her at about 150.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 15th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like the thought of her ending in a 5 to pair well with Quake.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library