Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2020, 11:53 PM

tomchaps is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Getting rid of everything, posting here before eBay

I haven't played in years, and sadly need the space and $$$ for my kid's new computer. I wanted to post here before putting everything on eBay. I didn't realize that some of the figures and squads were worth anything--I thought the game was dead! Pleasantly surprised, and home these find a good home.

So, questions:

What's a fair price? Someone told me to look at www.allthingsheroscape.com, but those prices seem crazy. For sales on the forum here, what's a typical fair person-to-person price? Like, 50-75% of that site's price? I've also looked at recently sold eBay auctions, and have figured I could get the lowest recent sale price.

Second, shipping seems all over the place on eBay--some charge $2, some nearly $10 for a single figure. How do people ship single figures or small lots effectively?

Also, the base set units (I have ROTV, Swarm, and Marvel) seem hardly worth posting individually, either here or on eBay. I have a ton of terrain (Base, Swarm, Marvel, 2xFortress sets, and I think part of a second base set?) I am presuming it would be best just to sell all the terrain and all the base set units as a huge lot. Are people here oversaturated with hexes at this point, or is there a market for it still? eBay prices are all over the place, but the allthingsheroscape terrain seems really expensive. I'll offer it here, but figure it'll just go in a huge lot on eBay.

I've started a google doc to sort through the figures. I haven't finished doing the base stuff yet, but that seems less important, since they're pretty common. It's here, if anyone wants to take a look. The prices are from recent ebay sold auctions, and if anything seems weird, please let me know. The listing is HERE.

Glad to see this site and this game are still active.

Thanks!
Old September 24th, 2020, 12:51 PM

Re: Getting rid of everything, posting here before eBay

I counted the terrain: 18 of the large 24-hex pieces, 33 of the 7-hex pieces, 27 of the 3-hex pieces, and a ton of the 2- and 1-hex pieces, water, etc. Four of the broken walls, which implies two ROTV sets, I guess?
Old September 24th, 2020, 01:39 PM

Took a photo, while I had everything out.
Old September 24th, 2020, 03:10 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Honestly, I'd pay for almost anything at 75% ATH price, some things, like Aquilla's Alliance is even steep at 75%.
Old September 24th, 2020, 03:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hello @tomchaps . There has been some big hate at @AllThingsHeroscape right now as he seems to by buying on everything on eBay when it goes for ~75% of his sales price then resells on his site. Even worse, he has been also raising the prices incrementally, making him singlehandedly inflating the resale prices of Heroscape to double what it was a few years ago. I would say at this point 50-66% of his listed prices might be a fair, but even less (33-40%) for D&D and some other things he has hyper-inflated.

I also think selling all sets together (master sets, terrain sets, "packs") is a good idea as that is what most collectors do and saves work on your part for not much less $.

Good luck.
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I figured that actually-sold eBay prices seemed more accurate than ATH. It seems crazy that one site has so much influence over the market!
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I think he's going for a monopoly. At some point, he'll have too much of the "market share" and the only place to go for 'scape will be his site. That's the kinda power move he's making by buying up all the collections.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Honestly, I'd pay for almost anything at 75% ATH price, some things, like Aquilla's Alliance is even steep at 75%.

Just so I'm clear--you're saying that people would actually pay 75% of the ATH price? That this is where the market is these, days, as ridiculous as it seems?

If I were just to bundle everything and ask 60% of ATH, would that be not price gouging?
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:56 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

It would be looking at what they are actually worth but between EBay and ATH you can't get even remotely good prices. Aquilla's Alliance comes out to like $800, that's one I wouldn't pay 25% for so it just depends on the units. He has wave 7 listed for $300 and that's one I'd pay 75% for just because I want it to badly. But I am also getting a 3D printer so I'll just pay for filament and paints.
Old September 24th, 2020, 07:27 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchaps View Post
Quote:

Just so I'm clear--you're saying that people would actually pay 75% of the ATH price? That this is where the market is these, days, as ridiculous as it seems?

If I were just to bundle everything and ask 60% of ATH, would that be not price gouging?
Yes realistically anywhere between 25-50% off ATH is the going price for any or all Heroscape figures nowadays. Natural inflation from being out of print mostly, but ATH has driven up prices greatly as well since their beginning.
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yes realistically anywhere between 25-50% off ATH is the going price for any or all Heroscape figures nowadays. Natural inflation from being out of print mostly, but ATH has driven up prices greatly as well since their beginning.
So if that's the case and EBay is just as bad, are there any other online vendors or can you only get reasonable deals through sites like this where you have direct contact.
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:47 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So if that's the case and EBay is just as bad, are there any other online vendors or can you only get reasonable deals through sites like this where you have direct contact.
Not really. Even here, people use ATH as a reference point but the problem is 20% off ATH used to be reasonable. That is not the case anymore, but this site is only beginning to understand that.

If sellers here stick to the 20% off ATH prices, prices here will continue to go up as well. If sellers here open their eyes to how terrible ATH pricing is, we might begin to see better deals here. eBay is only slightly better than ATH if ATH isn't involved in the auction, which right now seems unlikely.

Pricing Heroscape right now based on ATH prices is a very toxic roundabout thing right now, IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades