Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 28th, 2021, 06:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Swamp Thing (II) (Initial)

Heh thanks, I think this technically passed on time about an hour ago.
Old January 28th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Swamp Thing (II) (VOTE for Initial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yea when the SP is updated with your suggested tweaks.
I was waiting for this to be resolved, but I figured if you were already testing it must've been.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 29th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Swamp Thing (Photosynthesizing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
JUNGLE PLANT
Whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to a Jungle Piece, it refers to Jungle Plant as well.
Should we try to have a naming convention that doesn't require this? Like we use "Evergreen Tree" to generically refer to either kind of Evergreen Tree and "Rock Outcrop" to refer to either size of Rock Outcrop.

If we want to tidy that up, it makes sense to do it as part of the ongoing updates, but like... ideally whatever our system is, I think it shouldn't involve the keyword-y stuff.

(I know you lifted this off the Animated Vines, I just think we should avoid it here if possible since these ARE the Jungle Pieces powers are calling out)

EDIT: Would it be crazy to give non-Vehicle DOs a keyword to call out the material? Just something like Plant/Rock/Ice/whatever. It'd streamline our call-outs a lot and make it easier to design new DOs that just act sensibly in the game. And they've got a bunch of free real estate in the leftbox.

Probably a point for another thread, just occurred to me last night when I saw the power there.

Last edited by Ronin; January 29th, 2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like where your head is at and I support this effort. I think now is the window to strike for such changes, during the Great Class Overhaul.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 29th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I could see giving them a species essentially.
Old January 29th, 2021, 10:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yes please. We could clarify obstacles/do's and just make a master list somewhere.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I’m highly against that. Any DO with an occupancy doesn’t have room for that on its card. So then we’ll just have an arbitrary list of random DOs that do and don’t have a “type”.
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why not just call it Jungle Piece?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 29th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Just A Head

Idea - we already have all the vehicles saying Unique Vehicle or Event Vehicle, what if we just expanded that? Like this could be a Unique Plant, Glaciers could be Unique Ice, Green Power Battery could be an Event Structure, and so on. May feel a little customy, but it’s making use of a space that’s otherwise wasted (since all DOs say DO at the top anyways.)
Old February 7th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Swamp Thing

Army Test 1
Map: City Park
Units: Team 1 (1,125): Swamp Thing (325), Zatanna III (250), Green Arrow II (210), Martian Manhunter III (340)
Team 2 (1,125): F4 (1,000), Bag-Man (125)

Pre-game thoughts: Zatanna’s magic number is 13. Lots of D20 rolls for it too.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: A close enough game, but the design isn’t feeling quite right.

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Swamp Thing (335), Poison Ivy II (175), Floronic Man (135), Animated Vines (55), Harley Quinn II (180), Bud and Lou (70), Wasp (50)
Team 2 (1,000): Captain America (240), Black Widow II (230), Ninjak (230), Poison (300)

NOTE: Updated with changes to powers.

Pre-game thoughts: Swamp Thing combos really nicely with both Poison Ivies, but I like the potential of the huge move boost this combo can provide by making Mother Nature easier to use.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: This was enjoyable! I feel like the Green faction is starting to have a distinct mechanical identity - it’s fun to set up a “jungle” of different plants that your enemy has to hack their way through to get to your guys.

Grasping Vines didn’t do anything here, after the previous version was so pivotal last game. Part of that is down to bad rolls, but it feels like it should have had more of an impact here. Keeping an eye on that and the tankiness of his stats as I move into the final game here.

Ninjak was a real MVP here, dishing out a good amount of damage while T1 struggled to put down Cap. He’s a fun design, and it’s got my brain thinking about where a Tactical Pressure reuse might be cool.

Army Test 3
Map: Fire Isles (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Swamp Thing (340), Frankenstein (320), Lizard (200), Blanka (140)
Team 2 (1,000): Spider-Man (250), Thing (II) (340), Luke Cage (190), Jessica Jones (220)

Pre-game thoughts: Chose a map with no trees on it for this one.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The melee match-up and lack of plantlife on the map here hurt Swamp Thing, but he still was able to play off being a big bruiser (probably more than he should be able to.)

Army Test 4
Map: Modified Can’t See The Jungle
Units: Team 1 (1,075): Swamp Thing (335), Zatanna II (220), Shade the Changing Man (185), Liu Kang (260), Tarot: The Magician (60), Mystic Flames x3 (15)
Team 2 (1,075): Mister Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Silver Surfer (400), Human Torch (225)

NOTES: Updated with -1 Life, -1 Attack, and Grasping Vines 12
4 Porta-Potties randomly placed on the map

Pre-game thoughts: Just a final game to try to tweak him exactly where I want him.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Team 1 just really struggled with turn efficiency, which is kind of a recurring problem with these JLD builds. Swamp Thing felt just about perfect though. A tough bruiser, but not too tough, and the plants felt disruptive enough without being annoying.

Portable Toilets didn’t get much use here. Norrin destroyed one early to get a Cosmic Speed boost, but otherwise they went ignored.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think he’s feeling really good with all the little tweaks. Going forward, I just want to see how others react to him. Definitely want a few tests with Poison Ivy II as well, just to see if the double tie-down effect creates a negative play experience.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Really digging how he’s playing now! He has lots of cool combos with thematic allies, and now feels like a brute without being an overpowering pain to take down.
Really happy with where he landed.
Old February 7th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Just A Head

I do think I want to make one additional change before sending him out to public, making it so he can move Plants on the battlefield instead of destroying them. I think that'll encourage use of that option more, and it solves the slightly odd thematic issue of a power called Avatar of the Green destroying plant life.

That plus all the mid-initial changes would look like this;
Quote:
NAME = SWAMP THING
SECRET IDENTITY = ALEC HOLLAND

SPECIES = PLANT ELEMENTAL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 335

GRASPING VINES 12
At the start of the game, you may place up to 3 Jungle Plant Destructible Objects on empty spaces on the battlefield as long as they fit normally. Whenever a player would begin the movement of a figure adjacent to Swamp Thing, an Evergreen Tree, or a Jungle Piece, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure may not be moved.

All land spaces within 4 spaces of Swamp Thing are considered grass spaces in addition to their normal terrain type. Before taking a turn with Swamp Thing, you may roll 3 combat dice. For each blank rolled, you may choose a Jungle Plant Destructible Object that is either on the battlefield or destroyed. Place it on any empty grass space where it would fit normally.

VEGETATIVE MUCK
When Swamp Thing defends against an attack, the most wounds he can take from this attack is two. At the end of the round, if Swamp Thing is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or a Jungle Piece, or on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space, remove a Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old February 7th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is there anything gained from making the Jungle Plants destructible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library