Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:13 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: 12 Questions to Help Shape Our Future

1. Top 5 favorite C3G designs?
    Spider-Man (Peter)
    Maxima
    Baron Zemo (Helmut)
    Star-Lord
    Kingpin (II)

Probably different if you ask me next week, though.
  2. What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released?
    Hobgoblin
    Deadman
  3. What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of?
    Red Hulk (leader version)
    Jessica Jones (investigator version)
  4. What C3G design do you think needs a point bump?
    Robot
  5. What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease?
    There are probably a few where you could resolve any issues with them by just dropping the price, but I'm kinda blanking. Usually I wouldn't want to do that before a figure has a developed synergy web.
  6. What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)?
    Mad Thinker
  7. What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G?
    Avengers (super open-ended), JSA (really interesting two-tier synergy), X-Men (such a crazy rich faction to build around)
  8. What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made?
    Black Order, Authority, Doom Patrol, Defenders, Outsiders, Alpha Flight, New Warriors

(Some of those might have like, a member or two, but no real synergy implemented)
  9. What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion?
    Various Lantern Corps, Investigators, Lawmen, Hell Lords, JSA, Terrorists
  10. What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see?
    Batmobile, Release Soul, detective-themed Utility Glyphs
  11. As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases?
    Well, my answer probably doesn't count for much because I have a pretty direct hand in release planning, but I prefer more frequent releases.
  12. Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?
    Hmm. I'm game for anything Spider-Man-related people get up to.

Also, deciduous trees. We could use some of those. Always struck me as odd that we don't have a middle ground between evergreens and jungle trees.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:42 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

1. Top 5 favorite C3G designs? Going to need to think on this one.
  2. What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released? Vandal Savage, at least... there are tonnes of others, really, but a lot of them are outside the Marvel/DC area and sort of make for whole new settings/factions, so...
  3. What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of? That I've not got plans to run myself? Beast (more science/support based) and Winter Soldier (hero era rather than assassin era)
  4. What C3G design do you think needs a point bump? Punisher could probably use a slight bump - I've never had an issue with what he does, but he is one of the strongest figures and is a bit good for his price. I'd be happy just seeing him at 190 or 200, but I don't feel the need to press the point - while a tad underpriced, he's not hurting the game.
  5. What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease? Gambit - one of my favourite X-Men, but I never draft him because he feels overcosted. He's always felt like a 190 figure to me. Also Hellboy, but he may be better tackled with a vII.
  6. What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)? Judge Death (fairly major buff). Honestly, buff him and Zodd and I'm happy - those are the only ones that bother me.
  7. What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G? Avengers, TMNT, Criminals (whether LexCorp, Kingpin (vII) or Gotham Underworld), S.H.I.E.L.D.
  8. What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made? Gargoyles, Injustice League, Judges, Dinosaurs, Demons, Xenomorphs, Bounty Hunters, White Lanterns
  9. What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion? Young Avengers, Mercenaries, Terrorists, Scientists, Soldiers, Pirates, Lawmen, Red, Black, Blue, Indigo and Violet Lanterns, Undead
  10. What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see? Hmm... let me think on that one...
  11. As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases? Not honestly that fussed, as long as we can get one proper wave a year.
  12. Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above? More representation of settings other than the Marvel and DC universes, Classicscape-style terrain packs, Partial Cover optional rules
Could I also suggest adding a question about what settings/IPs people would like to see more of/would like to see that aren't already represented?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
  1. Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?
    Finding a way to release finished designs before years pass.
Before I start figuring out my answers to some of these questions, I wanted to address this. It's an issue we've talked about in-Sanctum but I don't know if there's been a lot of public talk about it yet.

You already know some of this, Lobs, but I don't think you were around for the conversations about the future direction for release planning (and also I wanted to throw this out there for the public members).

Right now we're still working on building up some grandiose plans. But after that, we're going to be shifting to a model where things are released sooner after being designed, without waiting as long On Deck. It's definitely one of our goals to reduce the number of designs that get stuck waiting for a release.

That's part of the reason we've started doing more public designs (with the other big one being to promote more public engagement).

I only had to throw one temper tantrum to make that happen.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Top 5 favorite C3G designs?
1. Aquaman II
2. Nightcrawler (Darkholme)
3. Animal Man

4. Hawkman

5. Judge Mortis

What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released?
1. Metamorpho
2. M. Bison

What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of?
1. Nightwing

2. Captain Cold

What C3G design do you think needs a point bump?
Ragdoll

What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease?
Anarky

What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)?
Star-Lord. Almost every single design has to be designed around him now.

What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G?
Currently, Dark Judges!

What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made?
Red Lanterns.

What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion?
Investigators.

What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see?
Water World / Rising Tide

As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases?
Smaller, more frequent releases. I haven't really had any designed stranded On Deck for too long before but the idea that things people are making now won't see the light of day for 2+ years seems silly to me.

Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?
Our new Allies designing and being more involved, and all the guests who are browsing our forum to start participating!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 22nd, 2018, 11:17 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

1. Top 5 favorite C3G designs?
    Wonder Woman
    Captain America
    Oracle
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Human Torch

These usually change over time, but those would be the ones that come to mind for now.

2. What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released?
    Blackheart
    Dex-Starr

3. What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of?
    Mr. Freeze
    Daredevil

4. What C3G design do you think needs a point bump?
    Hired Guns
  5. What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease?
    General Zod
  6. What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)?
    Judge Death
  7. What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G?
    Fantastic Four, X-Men, Inhumans
  8. What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made?
    Injustice League, Outsiders
  9. What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion?
    Red Lanterns, Guardians
  10. What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see?
    Jungle Tree, Bridge
  11. As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases?
    A mix is nice, but I prefer Monthly
  12. Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?
    Variety of franchises/IPs represented to appeal to more audiences, a steady engagement with playtesting and designing, and more transparency all around.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wonder Woman was on my short list for sure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:18 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Funny that we have so much overlap there.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I think we're both into faction building and the big, iconic teams like Avengers, JLA, and X-Men.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I think we're both into faction building and the big, iconic teams like Avengers, JLA, and X-Men.
Mutants used to be one of my favourite factions, and they're still pretty high up, but overuse and oversaturation has ticked them a tad down for me now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:42 PM

Everyone on my top five is there because they tell a story about how we opened up new design ideas in the project.

Anti-Monitor helped us realize one figure could be an army and stay balanced against every type of figure (heavies, mid-levels, squads) and introduced a new type of uniqueness for a new type of character. He's still my favorite Event Hero, but I love even more that he helped make Event Heroes a possibility.

Oracle gave us a more or less all support figure that did her job with out straight up turn bonding, has the same level of game impact as she had thematic impact in the comics (IMO), and really opened up armies of non-bonding heroes who just want to be aggressive and attack and now have the backing and infrastructure not to be killed in the metagame as a result.

Professor X, of course, redefined how hero armies could be built. He was our first major faction hub in that way. Inspired directly by Valhalla's Ulginesh, he helped us create a game dynamic where you could create cohesive armies that weren't build around bonding common squads. This was a big design step forward for us, IMO.

Green Lantern really ushered in the age of marker usage and I'm really proud of the power battery mechanic that was created there and all of the interesting ways it's been used since.

And I'm super proud how we managed to do a Captain American that was distinct from and in so many ways more thematic and more interesting in army building than the official Captain America, whom we long held as the very pinnacle of that official set. He established the Avengers faction, but he also showed many of us (myself in particular) that we were capable of putting together designs just as solid as or in many cases eclipsing the official product that had been put out. He's one that helped us really come into our own, IMO.

Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mutants used to be one of my favourite factions, and they're still pretty high up, but overuse and oversaturation has ticked them a tad down for me now.
I love the Mutants...I think they are a great introduction for newcomers...you can spend $25 and buy a bunch of Mutant figures with a few specific ones and build armies for days. And with all the transit from X-Men to Brotherhood to whatever other faction makes it even fit thematically...If we had a more Generically Mutant bonding Magneto that could match up with a Professor X army then you really could go all in on Mutants.

After that it's mostly DC for me except the MCU has really pulled me more to the Marvel side and I've enjoyed learning more of the histories of these characters through discovery while they were being designed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 12:50 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I love the Mutants...I think they are a great introduction for newcomers...you can spend $25 and buy a bunch of Mutant figures with a few specific ones and build armies for days. And with all the transit from X-Men to Brotherhood to whatever other faction makes it even fit thematically...If we had a more Generically Mutant bonding Magneto that could match up with a Professor X army then you really could go all in on Mutants.

After that it's mostly DC for me except the MCU has really pulled me more to the Marvel side and I've enjoyed learning more of the histories of these characters through discovery while they were being designed.
Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, they're a great faction, loads of fun to play and a great introduction to newcomers. It's because they're so good that they're most likely the army type I've played more than any other - and the fact that I've used them more than anything else is why I tend to prefer to go for something else when I can these days!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy