Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unhappy CANCELLED -- KY Draft Tourney -- Nov. 13th

KY DRAFT TOURNEY -- NOV. 13th
CANCELLED!

I have been wanting to host a draft tourney for some time, and after seeing the thread Pooled Draft format , I plan to follow it's lead, with a few twists.

Pet Shop Comics
www.petshopcomics.com
1191 Hillview Boulevard
Louisville, KY 40229-4065
(502) 957-3188

Get Directions

COST: $5 (To Store)

EVENT TIME: (Eastern)
Doors open at 11:00AM.
Event starts at 12:00PM.
Should be done before 7:00PM?

RULES:
6 round swiss style tournament, all random.

-Players bring order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a 600 point Heroscape draft pool. 400 pt. armies will be made from the draft, from yours and your opponent's draft.
-The tournament is played in 50 minute rounds, with drafting and placing units in that time.
-Max One Marvel unit per draft

FOR DRAFTING:

-You MUST select at least one unit from your opponent's draft.
-When you select a common unit, you may immediately select another, same common unit.

SCORING:

Partial Scoring For squads and Heroes

GLYPHS:

There will be random normal gylphs and T-Glyphs will be placed, if applicable to maps.

Set gylphs on certain maps will stay as-is.

MAPS:

Spoiler Alert!

ATTENDING:

1. MegaSilver

2. Brownsfan82

3. El Diabolo
4. ED friend #1
5. ED friend #2

6. jschild
7. jschild's child

MAYBE:

NecroBlade

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old October 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: KY Draft Tourney -- Nov. 13th

I am a tentative +1.

It's my weekend off, but it's close to Thanksgiving so my schedule might be crazy.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

This should be fun. I'll have to make sure to get off from work.

At only 600 points a draft pool, I don't know if I'd want to take up too much space with a Marvel.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
This should be fun. I'll have to make sure to get off from work.

At only 600 points a draft pool, I don't know if I'd want to take up too much space with a Marvel.
Yeah, this lends itself to squads and low cost heroes/cheerleaders.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I got both of you guys down now.

MegaSilver
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yeah Megasilver!!!!! Draft tournies - the way they should be!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Are you considering to come too?

MegaSilver
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Are you considering to come too?

MegaSilver
Nah - that's a bit too far for me, but I wish I could.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I'll be there. I suggest to count drafting as part of the 50 minutes. games shouldn't take as long with 400 points. i would like to play some ascension afterwards.

Old October 16th, 2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan82 View Post
I'll be there. I suggest to count drafting as part of the 50 minutes. games shouldn't take as long with 400 points. i would like to play some ascension afterwards.

Well, my plan was that I didn't want people to feel forced to hurry up and draft while it was part of their play time.

What does everyone else think? I'm willing to change.

Also, I'm up for gaming afterwards as well. I'm going to bring Risk 2210 AD to play afterward, since I know NecroBlade hasn't played it. Perhaps I'll get time to play Ascension as well.

MegaSilver
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will be there... probably with at least +2

I like the 50 minute rounds, but if we could cut them down to 10 minute rounds... I would really like it. Usually I do pretty well up until minute 11.

Drafting will be a fun new change!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

Count me in! I'll see if I can drag any of the family along, but no guarantees there....

Are we following dok's rules word for word, or are we changing anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Each player brings a draft pool of between 600 and 1000 points, with a minimum of 5 different cards. A draft pool must contain at least two cards of any included common squad.

* When players are matched up to play, they begin by dicing off d20s. The winner of the roll has two options:
1. choose a side of the map
2. choose whether to pick first or second in the draft
The loser of the roll gets the other one of the two choices.
* The player who picks first takes one selection turn; after that the players alternate taking two selection turns.
* On a selection turn, a players drafts one card from either drafting pool, with two exceptions:
1. If a player selects a common card and there are multiples of that common card in the pool, the player may immediately draft additional cards of that common, up to as many as point total and availability allow.
2. If a player has drafted more total points than their opponent when it is their turn, they may pass on that selection turn.
Whenever a player drafts a card, they must immediately place the figures from that card in their start zone (with the exception of figures that do not begin the game on the battlefield).
* The draft continues until both players either have no options they can draft within the point total or decline to draft further, at which point the game is played with the drafted armies.
* At the conclusion of the game, each player recollects their original drafting pool.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events