Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I am tempted to back Rising Sun, but I just have so much stuff I need to get to the table as it is, and I want to back Founders of Gloomhaven later this month.

At least a buddy of mine said he's backing Rising Sun, so I can play his copy

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I count 14 Stretch Goals met or revealed already on the opening day of the Rising Sun campaign. Yet remember, you're talking about a game that won't be available until a year from now (at least)! What else do they have planned?

The conventional wisdom seems to have it that:

1. All Stretch Goals by CMON are carefully prepared ahead of the KS campaign; the timing is all that is adjusted.

2. Like the Fifth Player Expansion for Blood Rage, there may be a purchasable Sixth Player add on for Rising Sun. There is a sixth space on the Honor Track.

In yet more developments we are now up to 7 KS Updates, : 24 Stretch Goals including 10 Exclusive Monsters--more monsters than will be included with the Core Game, so more than doubling the number of them available. Yikes!

To be honest, after missing the Blood Rage Kickstarter and having to assemble most of the extras and exclusives myself, I just decided to trust CMON and Eric Lang and go for it this time around, even before any of the specific Stretch Goals were posted. And it looks like I was right to do so. Of course, those not committed yet can check them all out now on the campaign site...and see the new promo video and a 29 minute game play video there too.

So as not to just be broadcasting naive enthusiasm, I note to balance this that RS is only about the third KS I've ever backed. And when Midgard, the early predecessor to Blood Rage, disappointed me years ago, I just chucked it right out!

Okay, I'll stop now, since the KS page is available...so check it out if you like:

Its just been revealed that the Sixth Player materials will be provided as an exclusive (Blood Rage plays with no more than Five Players). Also, since each clan has a special ability, if they do even more clans, they can be swopped in and out to subtly change the game a bit, with no additional rules being needed.

Last edited by chas; March 9th, 2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old March 8th, 2017, 10:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

So glad chas has this covered. Then again, if this game is half as good as it looks, . . . Life Disruption . . . It better come out while I'm away!

Old March 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The biggest news for Rising Sun is that the Sixth Player equipment will be included in the Kickstarter as a stretch goal. This is different from Blood Rage, where the final Fifth Player was a purchased add-on.

It is speculated that a 7th and 8th clan may appear this time as purchasable add-ons. In Blood Rage, a sixth clan was provided only as an alternate player. Unlike BR, where all clans start out equal, in Rising Sun each clan has a special power. So even if there is a limitation of 6 players (as I'd guess), swopping in and out other clans would actually have an impact on game play.
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Now up to 14 Updates and working on Stretch Goal #31. Yes, I kickstarted this, but I have a question. Has anyone here ever bought two copies of a game with the intention to sell one and make their money back? I'm seriously considering for this game.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 15th, 2017, 02:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have never done it myself but I have thought the same thing before. Buy two copies from the kickstarter, selling the 2nd game and the 2nd set of exclusives off one by one on e-bay or something and you could not only pay for your copy but make some extra cash in the process. I believe some people did that for the later Zombicide expansions. Since those exclusives figures are often knock offs of movie & tv characters they can get in pretty high demand on the secondary market.
Old March 15th, 2017, 04:40 PM

I'm just a humble newbie, but I've read about other bgg posters doing it quite often. If you don't have the money ready, you can always do the second one (or both) as a $1 pledge, and upgrade it/them later.
Old March 15th, 2017, 05:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I actually got 2 pledges of massive darkness because Im a plastic junkie. But have thought about selling one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lol, I had a friend do that with Myth a couple years back. Bought 2 copies with the intention to sell the other one. However, the rulebook was a fustercluck and there were quite a few problems with the gameplay as a result. Ton of minis, though, with lots of stretch goals received and lots of extra minis. However, at a $100 a pop, not sure if he sold it, or if he did, if he made his money back.

It's a great idea in theory, but if the game sucks, then you could be screwed.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@rym , the original reason I picked up two pledges was for the extra tiles and doubles of all the kickstarter exclusive monsters as there are a plenty. I plan on using the Hero doubles to go into my Zombicide Black plague box, as I got the crossover card set. Very cool stuff, I can't wait til "April"(August-December) for it to hit my game table.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ahh, and to use some old school vernacular, there ain't nothin' wrong with that!

Enjoy man. Zombicide is a fun game.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 16th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Ahh, and to use some old school vernacular, there ain't nothin' wrong with that!
Truth.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games