Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 20th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I'd be tempted if we had *any* interest in coop in my house. It's a non-starter, though, in the DadScaper household.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 20th, 2015, 05:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'd be tempted if we had *any* interest in coop in my house. It's a non-starter, though, in the DadScaper household.
Hah, we prefer co-op, as my wife is prone to getting way too competitive occasionally.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Might be bad form to plug the same game twice, but Folklore: The Affliction has really picked up steam, with stretch goals unlocking every day- the game just gets bigger and better with every new backer. Get on in before the KS is over!
Old October 22nd, 2015, 11:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Might be bad form to plug the same game twice, but Folklore: The Affliction has really picked up steam, with stretch goals unlocking every day- the game just gets bigger and better with every new backer. Get on in before the KS is over!
It does look pretty cool for sure. Unfortunately I'm tapped out of b gaming funds for awhile, as I hit it really hard recently.

Last month - $80 for Gloomhaven

This month -$100 for Scythe and about $55+/- for The Great War Tank Expansion.

I went kind of nuts, but had sold Kaosball to help with funds. Too much cool stuff coming out at the same time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 22nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I went $50 into it.
Ahem, make that $85. New digital reward went into effect today. Good chance I'll toss in another $40 for a digital TRO and a few merc books as well. It's almost at 2M with a couple weeks to go and a final stretch goal at 2.5M. My bet is hitting around 2.1M before the last two days and then catapulting (heh) to right around 2.5M - I'll be optimistic and call it at 2.7M.

~Aldin, considering re-reading all 50 or so Battletech books he owns over the next year and a half

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 6th, 2015, 09:42 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

I'm backing Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 2 atm, Sandy Peterson is a truly inspiring person.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wo/description

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old November 14th, 2015, 04:29 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

...we were right in the middle of a promising game of Dark, Darker, Darkest. We haven't gotten a non-* win yet, so this is a high priority for me right now. Right after all the work I should be doing, of course.
Good to see DDD get some love. I really like this game. It's a shame it has so much negativity surrounding it. I think people are missing out. I also broke the game out again for Halloween time. We played three games over a couple of days. The first one we lost horribly fairly early due to the fire destroying rooms and advancing the Darkness track. The second game we sort of won, but I messed up the rules initially with the nemesis. I forgot that Dr. Mortimer was supposed to run directly to the corner rooms to attempt to destroy them. Instead I have him attacking survivors the first couple of turns. I think we still would have won, but the victory definitely had an asterisk. The third game was a win, but also still an asterisk as we did two things to make the game easier than the normal "Dark" level. We played with four survivors but still used the four actions side of the player cards, and we removed the 5 & 6 zombie spawn tokens. We still barely won, and only two survivors made it out of the mansion alive.

I've yet to use any of the Kickstarter special zombies or radioactive expansion.

Oh, and I did ultimately back Scythe at the highest level to get the art book.
Old November 14th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I backed Keep by Small Box Games. It's a small card drafting card game that looks neat and plays pretty quickly. Looks to be a nice filler game and only cost $13.

I wasn't planning on backing anything for awhile after backing Scythe at Collector's Edition, Gloomhaven, and The Tank expansion for The Great War, but $13 isn't too bad.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 14th, 2015, 06:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

...we were right in the middle of a promising game of Dark, Darker, Darkest. We haven't gotten a non-* win yet, so this is a high priority for me right now. Right after all the work I should be doing, of course.
Good to see DDD get some love. I really like this game. It's a shame it has so much negativity surrounding it. I think people are missing out. I also broke the game out again for Halloween time. We played three games over a couple of days. The first one we lost horribly fairly early due to the fire destroying rooms and advancing the Darkness track. The second game we sort of won, but I messed up the rules initially with the nemesis. I forgot that Dr. Mortimer was supposed to run directly to the corner rooms to attempt to destroy them. Instead I have him attacking survivors the first couple of turns. I think we still would have won, but the victory definitely had an asterisk. The third game was a win, but also still an asterisk as we did two things to make the game easier than the normal "Dark" level. We played with four survivors but still used the four actions side of the player cards, and we removed the 5 & 6 zombie spawn tokens. We still barely won, and only two survivors made it out of the mansion alive.

I've yet to use any of the Kickstarter special zombies or radioactive expansion.

Oh, and I did ultimately back Scythe at the highest level to get the art book.
We just played again Thursday at an all day game day with a few friends. We were doing well, but got hung up trying to find a shotgun to go with the 3 shell cards we found. Multiple zombie spawns with Stephen Universe rolling 6s so they were right next to us and we were done in. We should have just put in the code and opened the lab but we got greedy. Still had a blast.
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I went $50 into it.
Ahem, make that $85. New digital reward went into effect today. Good chance I'll toss in another $40 for a digital TRO and a few merc books as well. It's almost at 2M with a couple weeks to go and a final stretch goal at 2.5M. My bet is hitting around 2.1M before the last two days and then catapulting (heh) to right around 2.5M - I'll be optimistic and call it at 2.7M.

~Aldin, considering re-reading all 50 or so Battletech books he owns over the next year and a half
I did not know there were that many Battletech books. Cool.
Did you watch the cartoon?
Any updates on the KS?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 7th, 2015, 02:51 PM

waycoolsuperdud is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey folks. I'm going to put in a plug for Roll Player. For anyone who has ever rolled up an RPG character, this game is for you. Only a few days left and it needs all the love it can get. I have played the solo PnP several times and it is a blast. The creator is very receptive and responsive to suggestions and takes time to answer people's questions. Check it out.
Roll Player.

~WCSD
Old December 8th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I went $50 into it.

I did not know there were that many Battletech books. Cool.
Did you watch the cartoon?
Any updates on the KS?
Yikes - sorry I missed this. The KS funded at over 2.5M unlocking all of the stretch goals. Now the long wait begins. I never even knew the cartoon happened until someone linked it during the Kickstarter. I made it through the first three or four minutes. Boy did it not age well.

~Aldin, with too many good things to do

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games