Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 17th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Badgermaniac's Customs-Black Talon Added (9-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks for clarifying badger. I figured that is the way it worked, I just wanted to make sure. I am considering giving him some pre-destroyed figures that he can summon but I really need to research him more before attempting a design.
I think your design will work very nicely with classic Zombies(my favorite design in all of Heroscape). I always wanted them to have a Necromancer leader. Make sure you post your results . I would like to read how it worked out.
That was my inspiration exactly.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 05:42 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just want to mention that you are one of my main men for custom Supers. My Chas Quick Scan Master List is full of your stuff. Besides Mantis and Moondragon, some of my other favorites are Malekith and Alkema. They still haven't made a figure for her, as far as I know, but I've used her to deadly effect!

NEBULA

With the GOG movie out, I grabbed your card and pitched her right into battle (see my thread Super Scaping With the Guardians of the Galaxy) I noticed that there seems to be no discussion of her here on your thread, except for your intro on Post #361. Have you playtested her yet? I have to admit I haven't read any comics about her.

I'm not suggesting that you make her more like the movie version. But thanks to your comments on that post I understand better what you did. I thought that EP Decoy would be too powerful; but in the battle it worked fine. She saved herself twice from Groot, but in his third attack he put three hits on her. And she failed to Incinerate him. Then the big tree put her down for good!

Last edited by chas; January 3rd, 2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just want to mention that you are one of my main men for custom Supers. My Chas Quick Scan Master List is full of your stuff. Besides Mantis and Moondragon, some of my other favorites are Malekith and Alkema. They still haven't made a figure for her, as far as I know, but I've used her to deadly effect!

NEBULA

With the GOG movie out, I grabbed your card and pitched her right into battle (see my thread Super Scaping With the Guardians of the Galaxy) I noticed that there seems to be no discussion of her here on your thread, except for your intro on Post #361. Have you playtested her yet? I have to admit I haven't read any comics about her.

I'm not suggesting that you make her more like the movie version. But thanks to your comments on that post I understand better what you did. I thought that EP Decoy would be too powerful; but in the battle it worked fine. She saved herself twice from Groot, but in his third attack he put three hits on her. And she failed to Incinerate him. Then the big tree put her down for good!
1. Thanks for the kind words.

2. Alkhema nor Malekith have been given much playtesting so their point values are just theory at this point.

3. I did a custom for Alkhema that turned out ok...basically I took a Jocasta mini and replaced the head with a Mockingbird. Not great, but works out ok.

4. As for Nebula, she obviously is based on the comic character and not the movie character, which makes sense given the timing. She is another one that I have played with a little bit, but not enough to say everything is fine tuned.

It has been so long since I have thought about her that I don't recall much of the thought process that went into the card. In general though, I always try to use official HS powers for mechanics, wording, etc. My guess is EP Decoy was inspired by something else, but I am embarrassed to say I don't remember what it might have been. Glad it worked for you though. While she has tangled with the Avengers a couple of times over the years, I am not super familiar with her non-Avenger exploits so I am by no means an expert on the character. She was simply one of those characters who nobody had done a card for at the time, so I gave it a shot.
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Have you tried Black Talon?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 5th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Theme Nerd

Nope...not yet.
Old August 21st, 2015, 11:45 PM
Theme Nerd

Couple of new Avengers clix so had to whip up some quick cards. Neither has been playtested so the cost is just a rough guess at this point.

First, Living Lightning, which was a hard figure to do since he essentially can't be hit with regular attacks when in his electrical form. I wasn't inclined to try to figure out how to do this, so I just gave him really good defense. At times in the comics, he is in his human form and more vulnerable so I figured this card was a decent compromise. The water thing is basically made up (don't recall it coming up in the comics) simply because logically it makes sense and I really needed/wanted something else on the card.

Next up is West Coast Avengers villain Master Pandemonium. He is designed to be played with the Mezzodemons from the regular HS line . What is nice is that you can throw a bunch of these demons into the game depending on how many points you need to balance with your heroes.

Last edited by badgermaniac; August 28th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 07:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Badgermaniac's Customs-Mast Pandemonium/Living Lightning

Integrating Classic (D&D) squads is a nice move, especially with lesser used figures (for me, anyhow)!

And now, more research on wikipedia...
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Theme Nerd

Had a message requesting one of these customs since Photobucket changed their 3rd party posting rules and none of the original pics are visible anymore.

Anyway, I moved the pics to the link below. Haven't tested to see if image size will remain the same, so you might have to play around before printing. Enjoy.

http://imgur.com/a/KOoVy
Old August 6th, 2019, 12:29 AM
Theme Nerd

Been a few years, but picked up some new Clix this week and couldn't find cards for these guys. Point totals are just a guess at this point and apologies for any "Heroscape language" faux pas (as I am woefully out of practice and they were also done quickly.)

Anyway, the first one is for Ronin (aka Hawkeye).

The second one is for Wonder Man. I already have done Wonder Man, but this one is based on his original appearance in Avengers #9.

The final one is for Triathlon (3D-Man).

All are pretty straightforward, but comments always welcome.
Old August 6th, 2019, 01:29 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Nice return to making cards. I like your take on Wonderman. I realized I never posted mine. Your can check it out now for comparison sake. Great to have ronin, living Lightening and Triathlon cards now.
Old August 7th, 2019, 03:08 AM
Theme Nerd

With the rise of the Marvel Cinematic Universe the last few years, I thought it would be fun to render my cards with their movie (or TV in some cases) images. Note that nothing on the cards themselves have changed. For some characters, this works great. For others, it creates an odd juxtaposition if the cinematic version is drastically different than the comic character. This is most evident with a character like Mantis. In her early comic appearances, she was your basic ninja character. In the MCU, she is an emphath and is not shown to be a combatant at all. Others, like Ms. (Captain) Marvel and Scarlet Witch are massively underpowered on their respective cards relative to the cinematic portrayals.

It might be fun for someone to make a set of cards portraying the movie versions, but alas, too much work for me.

Anyway, here are the new cards.

Old August 7th, 2019, 10:10 AM

Re: Badgermaniac's Customs-MCU cards

Great stills!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations