Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 12th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks like there are some good ideas for Mastermind builds here. And since he's one of the "big four" mentioned by dok, I'll consider him my priority over Sage.

Any thoughts on armies to take him against? Also any thoughts on army sizes to go with? My default would be two 1,000 point armies, but if competitive folks don't think that's the best way to explore problems, let me know!
Just bumping for comments on the bolded. I've played Mastermind dozens of times and not seen it as problematic, so I want to make sure I'm playing the right types of tests here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2014, 06:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like there are some good ideas for Mastermind builds here. And since he's one of the "big four" mentioned by dok, I'll consider him my priority over Sage.

Any thoughts on armies to take him against? Also any thoughts on army sizes to go with? My default would be two 1,000 point armies, but if competitive folks don't think that's the best way to explore problems, let me know!
Just bumping for comments on the bolded. I've played Mastermind dozens of times and not seen it as problematic, so I want to make sure I'm playing the right types of tests here.
Quoting from above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
For Mastermind, it's awfully tough to beat Mastermind/Blob/Magneto(I)/Magma/Deadpool. Alternatively, pair him with John Stewart, another strong ranged figure or two (possibly Cable or Deadpool), and maybe a Green Construct shield or two.
Old October 12th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That doesn't really answer who to take him against.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2014, 10:46 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Oh. Well, my general policy is just pick typical stuff and don't counterdraft. I mean, we know that a Mastermind Pod will lose to Cable and Dark Phoenix but that doesn't prove much. Generic bonding armies are my usual go-to.
Old October 12th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What are the typical 1000 point armies in the competitive scene nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:01 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Any xmen squad for 1000, Fan4, insane build, ninjas+assassins, Hydra Agents +ruthless masterminds etc.
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
Quote:
Any xmen squad for 1000, Fan4, insane build, ninjas+assassins, Hydra Agents +ruthless masterminds etc.
We haven't played standard 1000-point armies in a while. We mix it up a lot.
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Speaking of mixing it up, the Gang's next game has each player fielding a 750 point Delta+ army, 200 or less of which is a single super villain that may be assigned any General, Species, Class, or Personality that the player wishes. Baron Zemo could be an Utgar Orc Champion, and bond with the Blade or Heavy Gruts, for example.
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:19 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Speaking of mixing it up, the Gang's next game has each player fielding a 750 point Delta+ army, 200 or less of which is a single super villain that may be assigned any General, Species, Class, or Personality that the player wishes. Baron Zemo could be an Utgar Orc Champion, and bond with the Blade or Heavy Gruts, for example.
Conan with Heavy Grut bonding would be an insane amount of melee offense.
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM

Just trying to think what I'd want the Crow to bond with. Yeeeeesh.
Old October 13th, 2014, 12:24 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I've started using the Wrecking Crew (for 800 points) in a lot of testing too. Throw in a 200 point ally like Conan, Black Panther, or Kraven when playing at 1000, any one of those 3 makes for a solid clean up unit after the Wrecking Crew have done their job.
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I've started using the Wrecking Crew (for 800 points) in a lot of testing too. Throw in a 200 point ally like Conan, Black Panther, or Kraven when playing at 1000, any one of those 3 makes for a solid clean up unit after the Wrecking Crew have done their job.
Isn't the Wrecking Crew pretty swingy? I have played them a few times and I've had games where they pretty much Wreck everything when you get hot on the roll but there are other games where they were pretty weak. I doesn't seem like you can use that as a reliable costing point and it would seem to make more sense to use a non swingy (or even d20 reliant teams) that are consistently worth their points. It may just be my inconsistent luck with the D20. I know things tend to work out for the averages long term but my luck is either all good or all bad each game. I mean I did just get an entire Dr. Doom/Doombot army essentially rendered useless in one round when Doom whiffed on defense and then I rolled a 4 for Doombots.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy