Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 5th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Figure Suggestion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Anyone know where you could find Roman cavalry & Viking miniatures to fit heroscape's scale? Seams easy to find everything needed to finish most of the armies but the historical stuff is difficult to find in the correct scale :/
Wargames Foundry
The War Store
Crusader Miniatures
The Combat Company &
Relic Miniatures

All these seem decent places to check out, G1shark - good luck! I warn you, though - if you want to do historical stuff, don't expect pre-painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Keep in mind I am by no means a modding expert so take any advice I give you with a big grain of salt.

The first thing I'd do is lose the sword. Shredder never uses one in the new series IIRC. And second you should find a way to cover his face with something.

One theme issue I think you might have, is that Shredder's claw goes on the left hand but the figure would naturally look better with it on the right. It's not that big of a deal and if you can look past it it's no problem.
I reckon you're right about the sword - in the cartoon I know he has wielded the Sword of Tengu from time to time, and I'm considering giving him an option to start with it if you pay extra, but he doesn't use it enough to justify the mini holding one, IMO.

For the face, would obscuring the features with something like Green Stuff work, or would I need to file it down? (Looking at it, I think that the older Silver Samurai mini would probably work better for Shredder.)

Looking at the mini, I actually think that the left hand would work for the claw - rather than juat pointing it at his foe, as it would appear on the right hand, instead he'd have it poised to slash at his enemy! The question is whether it looks better with the claw added to his present hand or with a hand swap (probably with a clenched hand, most likely a Wolverine figure, so I have the claw (with one prong removed, obviously).

The rising sun on Silver Samurai's chest probably ought to be filed down. I won't get the gloves looking the way they do, but that's minor. The headdress isn't quite right, but I may leave that too - any suggestions on how to change it would be welcomed, though, as I'm not certain I will. In the end, I'm not going to get the armour perfect for Shredder, but I can do something good, I'm fairly sure. I'm considering bringing the present shoulder pads down a bit and adding a couple of fake nails on top of them to make the shoulder pads look like Shredder's - I know nails have been used for customs before. The big questions now are, where do I get the sash and armour spikes? Any help here would be massively appreciated.

Thanks again!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; September 5th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hmm... not sure if @Soundwarp SG-1 has seen this thread yet, but his modding ability would actually be a massive help here. @Lord Pyre has also shown ability in that direction with the C3G Anniversary Release this year.

Anyone have any more ideas for Shredder?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 10th, 2014, 08:01 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

If you're aiming for a really good looking Shredder, and not just an acceptable proxy (and don't mind putting in the work to get it), I'd start with one of the Cathar Spearmen. Their armor matches up pretty well, and most of the differences are matters of addition rather than subtraction. They might be a little on the small side for Shredder, but if you're using him with C3G stuff it doesn't really matter, Heroclix has zero understanding of scale anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 10th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Here's one for you guys. Kirito, from Sword Art Online.
Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Bump

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:50 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

This Blade figure looks a lot like that first picture. It would need a new head though, and it's probably a little big for an anime guy.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 11th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Maybe a repaint of one of the Nightwing Heroclix? Replace his weapons with swords.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
If you're aiming for a really good looking Shredder, and not just an acceptable proxy (and don't mind putting in the work to get it), I'd start with one of the Cathar Spearmen. Their armor matches up pretty well, and most of the differences are matters of addition rather than subtraction. They might be a little on the small side for Shredder, but if you're using him with C3G stuff it doesn't really matter, Heroclix has zero understanding of scale anyway.
Sorry about replying to this so late, @Soundwarp SG-1 - I've had a virus recently which has given me sore eyes, so I've been trying to stay off the computer.

A Cathar is certainly an interesting idea - I'm not sure how much the pose would work, but that might just be because I don't have the Cathars yet. I'll need to pick them up - they look fairly cool, and it'll give me the opportunity to see how well they'd work for Shredder.

Anyone have any idea where to go for the armour spikes?

As for your query, laughing matter, Nightwing does sound like a good base, as mac122 said. Do you have any spare Master Set figures? If you do, then a repaint of Finn's sword looks good for that frontal one, I'd say.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 15th, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old October 15th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Hard as ice

I'd like to suggest that this thread get a sticky - it's an exceptionally useful resource, but one that I can see getting buried and forgotten about otherwise.
Is there any specific process that needs to be used when requesting a sticky?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:42 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Does anyone know of any minis that look like they could be potentially Marro? Besides Gnids of course, thanks in advance guys.
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Does anyone know of any minis that look like they could be potentially Marro? Besides Gnids of course, thanks in advance guys.
There's the Cerebrilith, from DnD Night Below:

Alot of Games Workshop's Tyranids would work as well, but they do need painting - I'll post any more possible Marro if I see them.

Anyone have any idea how this thread could get a sticky? I'll call out @McHotcakes , since he was the thread-starter.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 18th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Moderators/Admins are the ones who Sticky threads. You'd want to talk to someone like @Dad_Scaper , @Xorlof , or @IAmBatman .

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards