Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 14th, 2012, 06:16 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Tai-Pan's Customs

I have resurrected my customs thread and, since Photobucket is no longer a free option, got rid of the old stuff and am here with new stuff.

TEMPLARS

I picked up these guys (6 Templar Knights, 3 Templar Heroes) together with the C3V figures for Cathar Spearmen and Count Raymond. I wanted to investigate the Christian aspect of the Templars a little more and decided to make these guys devout and give them Knight Bonding in order to pick up and support Sir Dupuis. That shaped the entire faction, making their heroes Knights instead of Champions and barring them from the preexisting Human Champions and their squads faction.

Thematically, they fit with the Templars and expand on the theme of medieval knights. Mechanically, they build on the faction started by Raymond: the army of the devout. With all units in the faction, devout units can add 1 to their move (Raymond), 1 to their attack (when attacking a figure within 2 spaces of Sir Robert), and be moved 3 spaces at the beginning of every round (Brother Hugh). In addition, Brother Hugh has the unique ability to expand the faction in-game, recruiting his brothers in arms to be his brothers in faith.

Templar Infantry's bio

Spoiler Alert!

These guys aren't fancy as far as mechanics go, but make up the core of the Templar effort. They are now the basic melee squad that utilizes heroes to make them both more exciting thematically and more potent mechanically. They have a lot of bonding options with 4 heroes (Dupuis, Hugh, Godfrey and Robert) as well as the option to take Raymond along for an extra movement.

Sir Robert's Bio
Spoiler Alert!
Sir Robert had to be a cheerleader unit of sorts, being a flagbearer. The setting of the crusades made it plausible to have an inspiring flagbearer taking the standard of Christ into battle and driving his Christian brethren forward. Having to have your cheerleader in the thick of things makes for an interesting choice, and he will quickly become a target. He compares to Finn the Viking Champion, but his aura is bigger, can be used for devout ranged units (at the moment, the only way to get any would be for Brother Hugh to convert them first), but he doesn't have Finn's spirit, his bonding options are more limited, his boosting options are more limited, and his attack is lower. Currently, the list of devout units is limited to Van Nessing, Cathar Spearmen, Pelloth, Kurrok, the Templar Infantry, and the Templar heroes Hugh and Godfrey.

Brother Hugh's Bio
Spoiler Alert!
This figure, with a sword and a Bible, had to be something creative. With Sir Robert and Count Raymond already offering boosts to the devout, I didn't want to have another cheerleader/support unit in the traditional sense. I attempted to capture the Christian warrior by having him be able to convert other, less Christian humans in his own army, allowing them to receive the blessings of being in the Lord's army. As well as being a missionary, I wanted to incorporate "deus vult", the cry of the crusades, to drive the holy army forward. A small movement for all soldiers is something HoSS did with Tarkin, and in the games I've played with him it is helpful, but not terribly powerful. The conversion power leans a ways out the window in that it can allow any unique human unit to tap into the devout boosts, but some units may give up a different bonus to get it, it involves doing something other than attacking with your OM's, and it involves a significant point investment in Hugh and the Devout boosters (Raymond, Robert).

Sir Godfrey's bio

Spoiler Alert!

Sir Godfrey is an experiment, and I don't know yet what to expect of him. Originally, I thought the bell in his hand had a dove on it instead of a cherub, so I was looking for something along the lines of a bell of peace. Now to implement that usefully in a war game. The result is a figure with a pacifist-aura that affects even himself. Theoretically (I haven't gotten to test it yet), he's going to have to move to the enemy alone and will hopefully disrupt their plans. He will be immune to half the enemy's melee attacks and the disrupting aura might cause ranged enemies to abandon a good position in order to attack undisturbed. In HeroScape, any action that doesn't involve killing enemies tends to be a bad use of an OM, but the fact that the Templar Infantry can attack in one spot and Sir Godfrey can try to disrupt another mitigates that weakness.

MASTER OF ILLUSIONS

Master of Illusions bio:
Spoiler Alert!

I really love Arena of the Planeswalkers and the miniatures it offers. But I also love customs, so I turned these guys into HeroScape figures. The uniqueness of this figure set makes it perfect for this kind of figure - the Master of Illusions is a painted miniature while the Deadly Illusions are unpainted versions of the same character in different poses. With these designs, the Master of Illusions is nowhere and everywhere at the same time. If you try to attack him, half the time it was just an Illusion - he is really somewhere else. If you attack an Illusion to narrow the possibilities of where the Master might be hiding, there's a 25% chance you've found the real Master. And there is no escaping this mind game, as the Illusions will continue until the battle is over. No target zones mean the Illusions can only be destroyed from close-up, and with no defense dice, it takes little more than the swipe of a hand to dispatch them from the field. But be careful, the Master of Illusions is a deadly enemy.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; November 10th, 2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tai-Pan's Customs - MIRMER THE HOLOGRAM

I have to say that's a pretty cool design!

I do think it should say " may add 1 to their attack",Instead of "add 1 die to their normal attack"
It's not necessarily to add the "normal attack" Because Special attacks are NEVER modified.
~B96

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old January 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tai-Pan's Customs - PAXO and SOLITH

Two new figures added, with a few more coming, including something that might be a help for our cowboys and going way back to the roots of HeroScape back when synergy crossed all over the place for ridiculous combinations, HeroScapey combinations....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Re: Tai-Pan's Customs - Cheap Star Wars figures

Airei, Ixx the Taker, Takers added. That's all for now.

Jugger

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Tai-Pan's Customs - Cheap SciFi figures

You kindly commented on some units in my customs thread some time ago, and it seems I never returned the favor. I commented on some of these in F3G recently. Here's some comments on the rest.

MIRMER THE HOLOGRAM

Interesting concept, though I'm generally not a fan of units that boost ranged figures. You hit most of the major points, but there are still a handful of potential theme breaks you may wish to consider:
-- slowed down moving uphill (doesn't he just float?)
-- stops in water
-- cannot move through obstacles such as ruins
These could be solved by simply replacing Phantom Walk with Stealth Flying, if you were concerned.
You may wish to consider changing his hit zone to all grey. Adjacent figures could still hit him with a special attack, but it would make it more difficult to hit him with ranged special attacks.

PAXO

When I first saw the stats I thought he was too good for the cost, but then I read Peaceful Giant. That does, in theory, make him hard to use effectively. However, a player can attack their own figures. I'd attack him right away to get him ready to fight.

SOLITH

Defensively tough, but only one mediocre attack per turn. I'd put him somewhere in the 90 point range. Thick-skinned is an interesting ability; almost never used, but it fits the theme I suppose.

AIREI

A nice addition to an Arachnid army. It could be fun to drag away a hero and then web it with Spiders. There is one problem with the design, however (assuming you didn't intend it): the Airei will always be engaged when it uses Drag -- it will be engaged with the hero it is dragging. The way the power is written, the figure being dragged will be able to make a leaving engagement attack against the Airei.

IXX THE TAKER

An overall decent design, and a solid bonding option for the Takers. Might be a bit underpriced; 4 attack is really good at range, and Regenerative Suit makes up a bit for his low life. Hard to tell without playtesting however.

BLACK DRIFTERS

Like many of your designs, I appreciate the simplicity. Blaster Spray is a really cool power. These guys are exceedingly potent; their 6 move makes up for their 5 range, Blaster Spray doubles the number of potential attacks, and they have solid defense against melee. Really well-rounded; definitely worth the price tag and possibly underpriced.

PEACEKEEPERS

Set to Stun seems like it would could problems with some powers, but I haven't thought of any yet. The most interesting thing about this unit is that you would only want to draft a small number of them, 1 or 2 probably. They don't have the killing power to be a real force, but if nothing else the order marker threat will get your opponent's attention. It's hard to imagine how well they would work out in practice, though they may eat Viper armies for lunch.

MOZINN

This guy is pretty much just a slight variation on Major X17. More potent due to Double Attack, and better against range, but a bit weaker in terms of melee defense. He's pretty outclassed by the existing 120pt powerhouses like Krug and the Fen Hydra. His most interesting feature is his synergy with existing Gladiators. Kinda neat, but not amazing.

Last edited by Scytale; April 13th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM

Mozinn, Solith, Airei reworked, Takers and Ixx slightly modified, Caldar Woodsmen and Talz Hunters Added.

Thanks for the input, Scytale!

I didn't realize that Mozinn was so similar to the Major. What an oversight.... I changed him up a little bit. I like the idea of an alien gladiator, but I'm not quite satisfied with him yet.

Jugger

Old September 5th, 2013, 04:07 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Has anyone seen this?! This is awesome! Sorry for necro'ing an old thread, but this is cool.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:11 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I wouldn't really count this as a necro. The last activity before this was only in April. BTW, cool customs Tai-Pan.
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:53 PM

Resurrected and revamped.

Jugger

Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:08 PM

Re: Tai-Pan's Customs

Haven't got a card for him yet, but here is my suggestion for a Aquilla Flagbearer.

Jugger

Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:38 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks great! The Varkaanans weren't the first faction to come to my mind for an Aquilla flagbearer, but I'm interested to see what you come up with. It's a pity that they're all so hard to acquire now.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:40 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Haven't got a card for him yet, but here is my suggestion for a Aquilla Flagbearer.
A wolf might the best option for a Aquilla Flagbearer. You have what class, personality and stats of the Aquilla Flagbearer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards