Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
mac122 Paints, Repaints, and Mods

Paints, Repaints, & Mods by

Lately, I've been doing a lot more painting and modding of figures. I was posting these in my custom card thread, but since the collection is growing, decided they need a home of their own.

MEGAMIND!

SSR & HYDRA Forces

Click to see more...

Sarge

Reaper Chronoscope figure. Working on a card for him. He'll have some punch, but also some fire support for others in his army.

Doc Savage and his Fab Five and Pat Savage

Since I used a Nakita to make Agent Skahen, I had two other Nakitas sitting around collecting dust. So, along with an extra female Krav Maga, I did some painting and a little bit of modding.
More images of the Agents
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

The official mini for Cad Bane is ridiculously priced at over $40, so I needed an alternative. The majority of the figure is a Heroclix Indy Stix figure. I trimmed off the hair and the facial features, painted the face blue and added the red eyes. The coat was painted a darker shade of brown. At first, I was disappointed that the paint didn't cover very well, then I realized it gave the coat a distressed leather look. Added some metallic highlights to various features on the coat. Couldn't find anything at first for Bane's breathing apparatus. Finally picked up a Major Maxim figure and cut off the hoses. The tank in back is a bit off of the electrodes from a Horroclix Frankenstein figure. Not perfect, but it passed muster with my son.

Heroes of Fiction
While I was a member of the Heroes of Fiction Design Group, I painted a few figures and worked on several mods. Here's one of the first I painted:
Ash Williams

Studio Miniatures.

Harry Potter
One of my favorite mods

Made from the body of a Human Target Heroclix figure with Bruce Banner's head. The wand is made from the gun the figure was holding.

Other Heroes of Fiction
Spoiler Alert!

Soulborgs
Spoiler Alert!

Comic Customs
Whiplash and Hammer Drones

Whiplash is a repainted Crimson Dynamo figure. I superglued some pieces of 1/16" Plastruct rod to each arm. The Hammer Drones are modded and painted Rocket Red Heroclix figures. I adjusted the positions on legs and/or arms to achieve the multiple sculpt look. The weapons were harvested from some Mechwarrior vehicles and figures.

Other images of Whiplash and Hammer Drones
Spoiler Alert!

Hugo Strange

Followed the tutorial provided by C3G to create Hugo Strange. I've also done Mr. Zsasz, but the picture didn't come out very sharp. I'll retake it soon and post.

Lex Luthor Battle Suit

The regular Lex in Battle Suit figure is a bit pricey, so when I saw this one at my FLGS for a buck, I picked it up to repaint. The darker color is a bit more purple in real life - gotta work on my photo skills and lighting.

Arkham Inmates

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; July 27th, 2023 at 11:00 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: mac122 Paints, Repaints, and Mods

These are some really nice mods and repaints mac122, keep it up.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Impressive stuff, Mac. Harry Potter is really good, and the Brass Golem repaints look nice too. Ash Williams is sweet too.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nice work mac

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Impressive stuff, Mac. Harry Potter is really good, and the Brass Golem repaints look nice too. Ash Williams is sweet too.
You know you could've just said everything is sweet.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

SSR and HYDRA from Captain America

Click images for larger version
I'm using DUST Tactics Americans and Germans for customs based on the SSR and HYDRA soldiers from the Captain America movie.
With the exception of the Captain America Heroclix figure and the armored battlesuit figures, Rocktroll painted the American figures for me (AWESOME job!!!). I decided to quit chickening out and painted the German figures myself.
More SSR
Spoiler Alert!

More HYDRA
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:11 PM

Finally got around to taking pictures of some of my recent mods.

Gladiators!

I purchased 3 sets of Gladiator Heroes from Porkins to mod into Capuan Gladiator squads. Fairly simple modifications - a cut here, glue there, add a little paint, etc.
Crixus and Mods

For the Crixus Mods, it was all about arm position. I sliced the sword arm off between the shoulder and the torso and reglued so the figures were holding the swords up. I cut the shield arm through the bicep and repositioned so the shield was held in front. Added a little copper paint on the helmet and shield and a little brown wash to finish them off.

Spartacus and Mods

Pretty much the same procedure as the Crixus mods. The sword arms were cut at the shoulder and torso and repositioned. The shield arms were cut near the elbow and turned inward. A little paint and brown wash on the shields and the chest plate to finish them off.

Retiarius and Mods

The Retiarius mods were a little trickier. I wanted to cut the tridents completely off, but the shaft is molded onto the arms and backs of the figures. I knew I wouldn't be able to carve it off and have it look good. At first, I just cut the outer prongs from the tridents, but the figures didn't look different enough from the original. I scrounged through my assorted figure box and found 3 Arcane Legion figures with the round shields. The shields were actually a bit too big for the AL's but were a good size for the Glads. I cut the nets off and glued the shields on the arms. A little skin tone paint and wash on the hands and some metallic grey and wash on the lances and shields to finish them off.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; February 26th, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: "Fairly simple...", not "Fairy simple..."
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:19 PM

More Classic figure mods.
WWII US Infantry!

I had four extra squads of AE's sitting in my assorted figures box that just begged to be used. I want to make some WWII US Infantry, but wanted to do more than just repaint. While shopping on Miniature Market, I discovered Secret Weapon Miniatures. They make assorted accessories for 28mm figures. MM carries several different sets of backpacks. I bought the assorted large and small backpacks. Painted the backpacks khaki with brown leather straps and a little metal here and there. The AE's received darker green uniforms, repainted belts and straps, and leggings for the boots. After attaching the backpacks, the figures received a brown wash. Now all I have to do is finish the card for them.

Edit: I added a link to the Secret Weapon Miniatures section on Miniature Market's website. Lots of cool bits to customize figures. The backpacks are $7.99 for a pack of 10.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; February 3rd, 2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added link to Secret Weapon Miniatures
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM

Last set of mods & repaints for tonight.
Superheroes!

Inspired by Yodaking's awesome mods, and following his directions, I made my own Deadpool and Hulkbuster Iron Man.

Deadpool is made from a 75 cent Solo figure. Shaved down the hair and facial features, painted the whole figure red, added the black for the straps and such, and white for the eyes. A little varnish to protect the paint.

The Hulkbuster is made from an Iron Monger figure. Trimmed off the antenna, painted the red and gold, and added a varnish to seal it all up.

No modding for the Starfire, just gave her a more modest outfit.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:07 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Beautiful work mac--very nice.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:43 AM

Thanks, caps! Glad you like them.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:34 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

There's some really cool stuff here!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions