Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old November 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Sale at K-Mart/Sears?

Alright, the local Sears in my aria is sort of a combined effort with K-mart, but that's not important. I was doing my usual sweep for any Heroscape restocking in the area and found a set of Deathstalkers and Blastatrons so I picked it up. The listed price is $12 and change (over $13 with tax, welcome to Connecticut). When I checked out, my total was $11.01. No clear sign of any kind of sale and no sign of any kind of 'everything in the store' sale. Just thought I would mention it. Maybe someone out there needs Nakitas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:29 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sale at K-Mart/Sears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Maybe someone out there needs Nakitas.

guido, my friend, no one within a 1000-mile radius is coming to relieve us of the nakita quagmire clogging our shelves. I've learned I just have to wait until everything around them sells. Then some new stuff can come in.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:32 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Alright, the local Sears in my aria is sort of a combined effort with K-mart, but that's not important. I was doing my usual sweep for any Heroscape restocking in the area and found a set of Deathstalkers and Blastatrons so I picked it up. The listed price is $12 and change (over $13 with tax, welcome to Connecticut). When I checked out, my total was $11.01. No clear sign of any kind of sale and no sign of any kind of 'everything in the store' sale. Just thought I would mention it. Maybe someone out there needs Nakitas.
This happened to me at the end of September, just a few weeks after I started HS. I got three sets at Kmart that I could not find in Target or Wal-Mart and the price at check out was lower than the sticker. I can't rembermber but with even less than $12.00 with taxes so $11+ sounds about right.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:35 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
Quote:
Maybe someone out there needs Nakitas.

guido, my friend, no one within a 1000-mile radius is coming to relieve us of the nakita quagmire clogging our shelves. I've learned I just have to wait until everything around them sells. Then some new stuff can come in.
Yeah, that was said as a joke anyway. I wonder if toys for tots constitutes as a tax write-off. I'll have to look into it. If so, I might just buy out all the Nakitas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:09 AM

lhhgbh has disabled reputation
Does Sears actually have HS or is it just KMart?

I appreciate the break in spending on HS pieces, but come on already!
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhhgbh
I think it's just the fact that my Sears is a combined effort with Kmart. It can be pretty sweet at times. I buy scape there and get a coupon on the back of my receipt for Craftsman tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:17 AM

peeps has disabled reputation
Quote:
I think it's just the fact that my Sears is a combined effort with Kmart. It can be pretty sweet at times. I buy scape there and get a coupon on the back of my receipt for Craftsman tools.
Gotta love it!!

I once purchased 3 RTTF's for $6 and change each at Wally world. Priceless!!

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhhgbh
Some Sears stock toys around Christmastime. I haven't seen Heroscape there, but maybe it depends on the area. The Sears Wishbook might have Heroscape in it.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:40 AM

dcorban has disabled reputation
All boardgames are currently 20% off at Kmart. This includes Heroscape. I just bought a pack of Wave 5 there today for $10 and change.

To make the deal even sweeter, they have a coupon that gives you $10 off any "toy" if you buy a box of diapers. I don't use disposable diapers, but my neighbor does, so I bought a box and used the coupon toward the Heroscape pack.

Americans invariably do the right thing, after they have examined every other alternative.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:47 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
They're actually combining Sears and K-marts into Sears Essentials stores.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:10 PM

goodhueq has disabled reputation
Agreed

My Kmart was turned into a Sears Essentials. They added the Sears and got rid of the Little Ceasars. :(. HS in NH is great because we have no tax, and a pack is 10.52 to 12.99 depending on where I go. My Kmart is clogged with wave 4 and I have enough. Anybody need any Morbane hero pack or AA/Gladiatrons?

3 MS,2 SOTM,2 FOTA,1 Orm,1 Raknar,3 RTTFF,1 TT,2 VW,2 Wave 1,2 MM/Wolves,2 KOW/Swog,1 Barrenspur,0 Wave 3,2 AA/Glad,2 Armoc/Greek,1 Blast/Stalkers,1 Law/Sam,1 Trollsford,1 Nak/Glad,4 WOA/Rats,1 Ninja/Sam,2 Wave 6 + 1 Zomb,1 Wave 7 + 1 each unique,1 each flagbearer,3 gold Zomb (thanks Dustin).
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I've always known K-marts, to be expensive. Target or wally world is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales