Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 13th, 2022, 08:55 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
ryguy266's Customs-Return of the Diorite Defender

This is officially a customs, not a custom, thread. Always looking for feedback! Even if the activity on the thread is older, feel free to leave any feedback for any stages of the customs.

Return of the Diorite Defender
After a run through the SoV and an initial downvote, I withdrew the Diorite Defender. The criticism was valid, and that criticism was directed toward the ease and boredom of the playstyle. This was quite a few months ago, and I've since reworked and playtested Diorite. Thanks to a suggestion from Vydar, the activation of Rock Pillars has been modified as below. With this, there are game-making or game-breaking decisions that must be made with both Granite Guardians, and, if you're brave enough, ranged squads.

I would appreciate some feedback! I've done playtesting extensively with the Granite Guardians, and it elevates them to a semi-competitive squad. Taking Diorite over another squad of Granite Guardians definitely feels worth it, especially on older maps. I have also played him well with a few ranged squads. The changes from the last version have it so that he needs an OM (or an OM on Granite Guardians) to activate Rock Pillars, instead of it always activating. It makes him way more niche; he works the best with only the Granite Guardians, and is worth way less in other armies, especially since he plays identically to his previous version with the Granite Guardians. But I have found some success with Microcorp Troopers/Laglor and Glad/Blasts. There may be other options out there to explore!

I have also added 1 ability, Heavy Stone. It's a power if your opponent's Heracles is trying to toss him into lava. It's a penalty if you wanted Theracus to bring him up to the middle of the map. Let me know your thoughts! Although he's been playtested to death again, I would definitely appreciate initial feedback on the rework before tossing him into the pre-SoV workshop, just to make sure I haven't missed anything obvious.

Abilities:
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs:

Rise of the Deathwalkers
Spoiler Alert!

Julie Nakashima-Pedroza

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by ryguy266; July 28th, 2023 at 05:46 PM. Reason: New Customs
Old November 13th, 2022, 10:14 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Ryguy266's Customs

My first impression is that it seems about right... But I'm not sure how the math works out on what Gift of the Empath Cats actually does. I expect it is much better with 1-3 defense figures than higher defense figures. I'd suggest doing the math on how big a difference it makes and focusing the playtesting there.

The d20 reroll ability is probably fine. It makes certain swingy figured a little more reliable a few times a game, but it takes some real effort to set up.

I might suggest an attack of 2. I think even Kyntela Gwyn has that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 13th, 2022, 10:42 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the feedback Caps. Gift will definitely be more useful for lower defense figures. The ability was modeled after Kiova, and since she is 90 points with only slightly better stats, I wanted to reduce the number of times Gift could trigger.
I agree it reduces swingyness, but think the D20 ability might actually be more useful in stopping an opponents successful Mindshackle or Negate rather than boosting your own Chomp or Acid Breath.
I'll definitely think about adding an extra attack dice! I'll be playtesting against myself so we'll see how that goes-no playtesting partner haha.
Old November 13th, 2022, 04:25 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would suggest Einar...just due to the coloring.
I would also suggest allowing to use the gift of cats on herself...leave points at 60.

Nice skills.

Very cool looking miniature.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 13th, 2022 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Looks good to me -AMIS
Old November 13th, 2022, 05:57 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Will the Sentinels of Jandar’s Shields of Valor causes issues? I haven’t really played the sentinels much (maybe never) and it does decrease their chance of whiffing on even ground to ~5.85%. So 2+ shields ~94% of the time.

Not sure if the zero shields chance is too low or not.

Last edited by yamissflash; November 13th, 2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Clarifying last line
Old November 14th, 2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I would suggest Einar...just due to the coloring.
I would also suggest allowing to use the gift of cats on herself...leave points at 60.

Nice skills.

Very cool looking miniature.
I actually had the card as Einar before I changed it to Jandar. Maybe I'll switch it back. She does love her ninjas and samurai! Thanks for the feedback.
Old November 14th, 2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Will the Sentinels of Jandar’s Shields of Valor causes issues? I haven’t really played the sentinels much (maybe never) and it does decrease their chance of whiffing on even ground to ~5.85%. So 2+ shields ~94% of the time.

Not sure if the zero shields chance is too low or not.
That's something I hadn't thought of, but on further thought Raelin extends their chance of blanking to around 8%. So two shields >92% of the time. The overall effect is pretty similar.

In fact, looking deeper into it, it's essentially identical to Raelin's aura for 2 defense figures. If they blank, they roll two more dice, the same two dice Raelin would have given them in the first place. The reason it's not nearly as good is because the max defense you can get is 50%, since you have to blank with as least half your dice for it to trigger.

The interesting part is high defense heroes. Gift would only help Q9 about 6% of the time. So mostly useless. But then that one time he blanks, rerolling that could be huge. So I think I'm happy with it for now but will have to work out any kinks in playtesting (Krav are also one that would benefit greatly).
Old November 14th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Just a reminder that Raelin RotV is ranked A+ and Delta pricing has her at 120 points so when benchmarking a custom to Raelin RotV she needs be worse by a substantial amount (obviously her stats are worse, but she is probably cheaper on a durability basis, 80% of the life for 75% of the cost, although flying means less height so that’s probably fine. And her bonus is much worse except for the 1 space farther range)
Old November 14th, 2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Just a reminder that Raelin RotV is ranked A+ and Delta pricing has her at 120 points so when benchmarking a custom to Raelin RotV she needs be worse by a substantial amount (obviously her stats are worse, but she is probably cheaper on a durability basis, 80% of the life for 75% of the cost, although flying means less height so that’s probably fine. And her bonus is much worse except for the 1 space farther range)
Good points. I like Delta pricing, but I don't think this custom needs to be on the cutting edge of custom balance projects. Honestly, if she turns out to be "broken" that's fine, as long as she's fun to play! Fortunately initial feedback seems pretty positive.
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:04 PM

Updated with some playtest results. So far the only change I'm planning to make is to drop the Gift of the Empath Cats range from 5 clear sight spaces to 4.
Old February 10th, 2023, 05:08 PM

Re: ryguy266's Customs-Rise of the Deathwalkers

Added some new custom units, but I guess a post is necessary to help it get more visibility. Would love some feedback from people much more creative than I!
Old February 13th, 2023, 12:23 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ryguy266's Customs-Rise of the Deathwalkers

The new Deathwalkers look fun, and their sculpts are good finds. I would say that they're all comparable to their respective inspirations, so you balanced them fairly well. I have some specific thoughts, though.

Is 1k's Prototype supposed to stack across multiple Order Marker reveals? There's a certain interesting dynamic involved in an endgame unit that enjoys 10M/7A/7D stats for a single turn before inevitably perishing at the start of the next round.

I would bump up 2k's cost a touch. He's very similar to Guilty, but he trades 1 Range for an extra attack and Soulborg immunities, making him slight stronger defensively and significantly stronger offensively. Specifically, 2k achieves one-and-a-half times Guilty's attack die output for the same total points. Perhaps a 10-15 point increase would stop him from outclassing Guilty.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards