Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Thief - the movie that introduced me to the music of Tangerine Dream, which lead to my discovery of electronic music in general

"Legend" did the same thing for me. I've been a big Tangerine Dream fan for the last few years.
And can someone named the singer who sang during Loved by the Sun? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

That would be Jon Anderson, better known as the kick-you-in-the-balls-because-they're-so-awesome lead singer of Yes.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Thief - the movie that introduced me to the music of Tangerine Dream, which lead to my discovery of electronic music in general

"Legend" did the same thing for me. I've been a big Tangerine Dream fan for the last few years.
And can someone named the singer who sang during Loved by the Sun? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

That would be Jon Anderson, better known as the kick-you-in-the-balls-because-they're-so-awesome lead singer of Yes.
I was going to mention Yes, but I didn't want to appear too much of a nerd, :P

Yeah, several years ago I watched that movie again and was mesmerized by that song (this is before I had internet of my own). So every weekend I would go to the local library and use their net until I found it.

And wouldn't you know it, they had several CDs of Yes and Tangerine Dream. I tell you I had a ton of fun making those mixed tapes for my car,

Okay, I am officially a full blown nerd, I was borderline there for a long time, but, it's finally happened,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Don't worry about being a full-blown nerd... better than a half-blown nerd.

... The words will maaaaaaake you out and out.
... I spent the daaaaay your waaaaaaay...
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
The Last Castle is a great movie. That and H2G2 are tied for my favorites right now.
Both great movies.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
The Last Castle is a great movie. That and H2G2 are tied for my favorites right now.
Both great movies.
I havent seen either of em.....
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was just flipping channels and saw that American History X is on...

Gotta at that to my list of favorites...great flick...
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit

I have seen that it is a very good movie...
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
LOTR Trilogy
History of the World Part 1
Fight Club
Blackhawk Down
We Were Soldiers
Full Metal Jacket
Enemy At The Gates
The Pianist

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
First off, I agree completely with 3/4 of ej's list of worse than bad over rated carp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
The Royal Tenenbaums
Lost in Translation
Devil Wears Prada
Here are some under rated previously mentioned films well worth the time to check them out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorbilbo
Secondhand Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchy
Little Miss Sunshine
Quote:
The Last Castle
Quote:
American History X
Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Has Mentioned Yet
Basic
Now as for my all time favorite; I am answering this as in "If you could only watch one single movie for the rest of your life what would it be?" Not, as it seems many here are doing*, "What are some movies you enjoyed?" (as that list could get very long).

My Favorite Movie of All Time is:
The Princess Bride

The Reason: I truly enjoy mimicking voices and slipping them into conversations. Such movies as Napoleon Dynamite: My lips really hurt.; Team America: Do you have any idea how freakin' busy I am; Die Hard: Somethings wrong. They're coming back down; are like this, however, The Princess Bride gives me material in spades!

* There are many that mention films that have come out in the last few weeks Pirates3 and Transformers. Putting them on a favs list so soon is like saying you love someone on the first date!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Malechi is Basic the movie with Samuel L. Jackson?
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

HAHA I just watched that on FX...

My favorites are in no particualr order...

Transformers
Running Scared (2006. A MUST see P.S. It earned it's R rating)
Pan's Labrynth
Lucky Number Slevin
V for Vendetta (although I do respect it is WAY different in theme than the graphic novel)
The Bourne series
Clockwork Orange
Gattiga (spelling?)
Frequency
Amarican History X
Green Street Hooligans (Must see)
Snatch
40 Year old Virgin
Knocked Up
Oceans 11

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Malechi is Basic the movie with Samuel L. Jackson?
Yes, indeed. Along with John Travolta, Giovanni Ribisi, Tim Daly, Taye Diggs, Harry Connick Jr. and Connie Nielsen. Basic is a freakin' awesome detective story (done from a single character's point of view as you know only what she does) that keeps twisting the true story right up until the very end! Basic has a very Sixth Sense or The Others* type of ending as the clues are there but you don't see it coming!

* Okay, so I saw the ending of The Others coming in the first five minutes, but still enjoyed the film!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media