Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old July 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
Re: Galactus? And playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o' Blades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I'd make his base attack somewhere around 7-9. With a range of 12, most figures will be within range after the 1 OM, and the strongest attack I can think of off the top of my head is a full powered Hulk at 8. I know I'd like to see a higher attack on him, but the idea is to make him playable not broken, and I think this is the highest attack range that should be gone with.
Hulk goes to 11

Regardless of Hulk though, I've got the same feeling. I originally had him slotted at 12 and I feel like 12 is where he should be, but just like you said, the idea is to make him playable not broken.

Plug in 8 attack?
Crude, your right my math was off I'd plug in 9 IMHO. He needs to be as strong as posable with out being broken. I could even see playtesting him with a 10 attack. My original idea was putting him somewhere close to Hulks full powered attack, but I don't think I would like seeing a Galactus with an attack under 9, 1 more attack die then Abomination just doesn't work for me.
Abomination is at 7

Again, I agree with what you said 100%. I'm personally kind of leaning towards 10, because (also like you said) he needs to be as strong as possible without being broken. As I mentioned earlier, my original plan was for 12 attack, but that just seems too brutal. 10 seems doable, and if it must go down then we can bring it down a notch or two.

EDIT: Or We give him 12, but make his points high enough so the other player(s) have enough to draft an army of heroes (I'm thinking this scenario as if it was Marvel only, so using customs/C3G as well) that would have what it takes to bring him down. Sure Galactus may blow through 1-3 heroes a round, but if the big hitters do enough damage to him...it couldn't be impossible with only 6 defense

Last edited by Jack o' Blades; July 25th, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:42 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

What about instead of taking a turn with Galactus take a turn with a herald you control.You can't take a turn with Galatus until a herald you control is destroyed or the herald begins and ends a round in an opponents start zone or he receives 10 or more wounds.
He usually doesn't "Notice" people till the give him a good hit then its ok gnats it's smackdown time. That way it gives the heros time to set up and get a few free hits in.Because once Galactus starts swinging the bodies start falling.
Old July 25th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooded scion View Post
What about instead of taking a turn with Galactus take a turn with a herald you control.You can't take a turn with Galatus until a herald you control is destroyed or the herald begins and ends a round in an opponents start zone or he receives 10 or more wounds.
He usually doesn't "Notice" people till the give him a good hit then its ok gnats it's smackdown time. That way it gives the heros time to set up and get a few free hits in.Because once Galactus starts swinging the bodies start falling.
I like the idea, but I think I wanted to go for more of a Stand-Alone Galactus. That way, Silver Surfer doesn't need to be bound to him and can be drafted by an opposing player

It'd also make for some weird point values having to factor in the Surfer

Instead of "Aight, how many points do we get against Galactus?" "2500*" it'd be "Aight, how many points do we get against Galactus?" "2820"

However, perhaps another scenario could be made including the Surfer on G's side?

*Randomly determined value
-Jack
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gees, Griff, give away all my good ideas!
But, yeah, 30 life/6 defense is my current plan for Anti-Monitor ... if I ever get around to starting his design thread.
I'm locked down with other projects first, though!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I actually revamped my Galactus custom about a month ago, though I haven't uploaded it yet. I will soon though, after I work out a few more issues with it. It's pretty much a complete redesign of the one I currently have (which I don't really recommend using!). But yes, I did the same sort of thing Griffin was alluding to. He will have 25 Life and Defense 7, plus some new rules to go with him. I'm shooting to place him in the 2000 to 2500 point range.
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Looking forward to seeing him, GreyOwl.
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Does this mean you're reconsidering drafting him for C3G? I have a feeling I might end up having to be the one who bites the bullet on that ... so I look forward to seeing your ideas!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I haven't considered drafting him for C3G, but let's see how this version turns out...
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll draft him for C3G if you guys want.
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I'll draft him for C3G if you guys want.
Um ... not sure that makes any sense. lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios