Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by scores
I don't know if this was touched on before or not? With the hive and his hive mind power; if you choose the nagrubs to take a "turn" with, do you get to bond with a hivelord as well?

It does say that all figures must be within 12 spaces???
The Hive can't activate the grubs. They are Nagrubs not Marro.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
I thought a castle defending army using Marros w/ Hive would be a lot of fun. You know, put the Hive behind the castle walls. I think even the Drudge would be useful because at least on castle walls you would have a height advantage, extreme advantage most of the time. Stingers would obviously own. The only problem I would see is that your opponent would most likely outrange you. Has anyone ever tried this?

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:53 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It'd be fun to try that in Maloddor Swamp, which I have set up. It allows enough room to put the Hive in there.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camRY...eature=related

Makes the hive seem alive!

Old January 21st, 2008, 06:10 PM

W v Weringh has disabled reputation
i think it is kind of funny that some people considder the hive to be very good, or just good, while others seem to think that it is a complete waste of points.

sadly enough, when playing against my brother, i believe that it is one of the stronger figures in his army... and i continuesly find myself searching for a reliable counter to this annoying "building". i am a pretty agressive player and my brother isn't, so as soon as i get on his side of the map, and in range of the hive, i am pretty much doomed. my brother uses a pretty big marro army most of the time, so on his side of the map he has got "the edge" + he is an amazing D20 roller and 2 out of 3 times he gets to revive a fallen warrior.

lately i have been using cyprien simply to take out his hive, but there must be other ways to kill it, without throwing cyprien out there , right?
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
I'm not sure what the exact answer for this is. When playing the hive with drones, and choosing to use the hive mind with a "squad" of drones, do you still roll for the number used? While I have been doing this, the only part that is a bit confusing is the use of "any small or medium common Marro Squad" rather than common Marro army card. Anyway, I didn't see this, and thought I should bring it up for discussion.
Old February 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
If you don't mind mixing in Marvel, Thanos is a great Hive counter. Good range with flying. He gets in, and it doesn't matter if he bites it by being so far out in front of the rest of your army.

EDIT: Plus it's fun to watch your opponent squirm every turn when you roll to see if he comes back.
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
I'm not sure what the exact answer for this is. When playing the hive with drones, and choosing to use the hive mind with a "squad" of drones, do you still roll for the number used? While I have been doing this, the only part that is a bit confusing is the use of "any small or medium common Marro Squad" rather than common Marro army card. Anyway, I didn't see this, and thought I should bring it up for discussion.
Yes, you still roll for Hive Swarm.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Hilo-scaper is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
the only part that is a bit confusing is the use of "any small or medium common Marro Squad" rather than common Marro army card. Anyway, I didn't see this, and thought I should bring it up for discussion.
I wondered about the reason why the Hive card read this way as well (small or medium). Then I realized that they are coming out with Marro Cavalry that are most likely going to be large figures. I guess they don't want the Hive to be able to utilize them with their Hive Mind and I know that the Hive would be overpowered if it was able to regenerate Large Marro armies.

Latest great traders: pjnormandin, Porkins, Dad_Scaper, beisaic, Greyelephant, the incredible mate, FerryMarcellis, MacBryce, bige51148, Nano*22, Retlaw, Just_a_Bill, Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
IMO the Marro Hive needs to be used in bigger point games,and not 500 point games.But, then again it's just my opinion.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:52 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd need to have a 790 point army to be comforatable with the marro hive.Plus about 30 start zones to place my army.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old February 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Just a stupid question from a stupid German who is not sure how to translate the small word "any": Can I only rebirth one Marro per turn or all the dead Marros? "Any" can be translated by "jeden" which has different meanings as well, for example "all". But it could also mean that you can just rebirth one Marro.

We never played the Hive so far because we thought that you could only bring one figure back to the game per turn. For 160 points, I get 9 Marro Drones and if I can only bring one Drone (or Stinger) back to life, the weak Hive has survive at least 3 rounds to be worth its costs. Normally much more.
And in my opinion, the Marros are quite offensive, so I donīt want to wait for the opponents to come to me.

And I think, itīs very difficult to keep opponents away from the Hive. E.g. Major Q9 with Laglor at his side has a range of 10 and he could stand the Stingers. Agent Carr could move throug the figures. Flying figures would be a problem as well or a mass of the 4th Mass. Line.
Maybe some Deathreaver (about 20) could be helpfull to engage all the ranged armies. Or the Gladiatrons can be used to keep figures like Carr away.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units