Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 19th, 2019, 11:14 PM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart
Custom rules with action cards

Hello !
I'm creating a game based on heroscape combat system, but changing a bunch of rules here and there.

I'm adding an "action card" system; currently play testing it; it's really fun and add a new strategic approach to the game

The idea :

A deck of a few "action cards" you can play during your turn.
You start game picking 3 cards that you will have to use smartly during the game. You will never pick again.

Only 3 cards for the whole game yes. I don't want this to become a "Magic plane walkers arena" type of gameplay.

The action cards are not over powered, but if used smartly, can be devastating.

I will list you the cards I have got so far, and would love to see what action you would want to add. I'm open to all proposition.

Here are the actions I have so far :
  • Add +2 attack for the next normal attack a specific unit will do.
  • Add 2 defense to one of your unit (If squad unit. All unit get’s +2 this turn - Disactivate at the end of the next enemy turn.
  • Add 3 movement to a unit. (Heroes only)
  • Add 2 to your range this turn
  • Heal 2 points a unique hero
  • Resurrect a single squad army unit, put it immediately on the summoning area. If an order marker is on the squad unit, you can play it.
  • Steal 1 life from any enemy hero and place it to any of your heroes
  • Block an enemy’s action card. - As soon as your enemy plays an action card; you can block him. His card is discarded as well as yours. This is the only card you can play when it’s not your turn.
  • Switch position between any of your single squad unit or hero with an other single squad unit or hero you control.
  • The next person you attack is knocked back 2 ex (you choose where) at the end of your normal attack.
  • This turn, all special attacks you play are affected by height advantage.
  • The next unit you attack with a hero you control can not throw defensive dice. But, after your attack, you throw an attack dice, if an attack is landed, you lose 1 life.

Please let me know your thoughts, and if you see something too powerful / or what action you can come up with ?

Thank you !
Old March 20th, 2019, 01:07 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom rules with action cards

This looks like fun, also the phrase "action card" makes me happy since I play a ridiculous amount of Dominion.

This also looks like it would be a great addition for the RiSkape project I was part of years ago (which I'm sure you'll find if you type "RiSkape" into the search).

Giving height advantage to special attacks could get confusing pretty fast, but I think for something as house-rule-y as this that's pretty much fine.

One idea for an action: When a figure you control receives enough wounds be destroyed you may discard this action card to ignore those wounds.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:26 AM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart
Re: Custom rules with action cards

"When a figure you control receives enough wounds be destroyed you may discard this action card to ignore those wounds."

Love it ! But if the throw dice was a high number, defending figure fail to defend... it would be too frustrating.

What if : "When a figure you control receives enough wounds be destroyed you may discard this action card and set it life to 1."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion