Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 7th, 2018, 02:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Robot Workshop

Really old design we brainstormed up once in the public. Might need to be changed up considering how we changed Mad Thinker, but a starting point.

NAME = FATHER
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES BRADDOCK
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENGINEER
PERSONALITY = DIABOLICAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ?

DIGITAL UPLINK
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Father, you may take a turn with up to two different Android or Cyborg Unique Heroes you control. Any Unique Hero that is taking a turn instead of Father must be within 10 spaces of Father before moving.

FINAL COMMANDS
When Father is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from this card onto the cards of any Android or Cyborg Unique Heroes you control. For the rest of the round, when any Android or Cyborg you control makes a normal attack, roll one additional attack die.
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:05 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I believe this is the only Android related design I had sitting around. No synergy currently but something to order around.

NAME = HYDRA Mech
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS =
PERSONALITY =
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 200

REPULSOR RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
If HYDRA Mech inflicts one or more wounds on a small or medium figure with this special attack, you may choose up to 3 empty spaces in a straight line from the defending figure and place that figure on any of the chosen spaces. A figure moved by this special attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks and cannot be placed closer to HYDRA Mech than its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

ARMOR PIERCING ROCKET LAUNCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Only non-adjacent figures can be attacked with this special attack. For each skull rolled, the defending figure subtracts 1 die from its defense. After attacking with this special attack, HYDRA Mech may attack two additional times.

PROGRAMED TO DESTROY

Before moving HYDRA Mech, if HYDRA Mech is not adjacent to a ruthless mastermind you control, roll the D20. On a roll of 11 or higher, HYDRA Mech must, if able to, attack the figure closest to its starting location this turn including figures that you control. If two or more figures are the same distance away from the HYDRA Mech at the start of its turn, you may choose which one it must attack.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Actually I forgot about this guy and he's an Android too. Would love to revisit this character again at some point.

NAME = TERMINATOR
SECRET IDENTITY = T-800
SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = ?

RELENTLESS PURSUIT
At the start of the game, choose an opponents unique or event hero to pursue for each Terminator you control. Each time after that figure moves or is moved, you may immediately make a normal move with the Terminator in pursuit of that figure. The Terminator never takes leaving engagement attacks after moving with this power.

AUTO SHOTGUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by this special attack. This Terminator only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. This Terminator cannot be affected by this special attack. When this Terminator attacks with this special attack, he may attack one additional time.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old December 7th, 2018, 09:37 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I got this guy in a random set of Clix. Never heard of him before, but he's a giant screw-off robot so I'm into it.

Other robots I'd want to work on;
-The Metal Men
-Chemo (Is he a robot?)
-Death's Head
-More Ultrons (Other models, AoU, Phalanx Leader, etc)
-Viv Vision
-Victor Mancha
-Machine Man (regular or Nextwave)
-Super-Adaptoid
We have two different versions of Super-Adaptoid drafted. I did one as a general morphing Adaptoid and I think Ronin did a more specific version.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
We have two different versions of Super-Adaptoid drafted. I did one as a general morphing Adaptoid and I think Ronin did a more specific version.
Sounds dope.

Quote:

NAME = TESS-ONE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = SUBSERVIENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ?

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

ENERGY BOLTS 12
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of TESS-One and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. After using Energy Bolts 12, you may use it one additional time.

ADAMANTIUM TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, TESS-One always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. TESS-One's defense number cannot be reduced by any special power.

WEAK-MINDED 4
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of TESS-One, that player may add 4 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old December 7th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Really old design we brainstormed up once in the public. Might need to be changed up considering how we changed Mad Thinker, but a starting point.

NAME = FATHER
Weird - I read this guy's arc in Secret Avengers and I don't remember him being a Braddock.

Anyhow, this one's pretty straightforward. Wouldn't mind seeing him have a little more of a wrinkle to his leadership, since he's kind of a narrow character, but I really dig Final Commands.

Did he work with Cyborgs? I'm remembering him as more of an Android purist.

Quote:
I believe this is the only Android related design I had sitting around. No synergy currently but something to order around.

NAME = HYDRA Mech
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
Interesting - I remember a lot of these sorts of things running around circa Fear Itself. Don't think any of em got minis, though.

Quote:
Actually I forgot about this guy and he's an Android too. Would love to revisit this character again at some point.

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds dope.
Yeah, my version is more specifically "big robot with all the Avengers' powers", using the mini from the Mutations & Monsters set. I'll post that write-up in here at some point.

Quote:

NAME = TESS-ONE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A
This feels about right to me, from what I remember of TESS-One. Good use of Weak-Minded.

I would think of the energy bolts as more of an SA thing than an auto-wounding power, but it doesn't feel super off to me.

Quote:
-The Metal Men -Minimal experience with these guys, but they're weird, so I'd welcome anyone designing them
-Chemo (Is he a robot?) -The DC wiki tells me he is not
-Death's Head -Absolutely
-More Ultrons (Other models, AoU, Phalanx Leader, etc) -Don't forget Ultron-15, the drunk hobo Ultron
-Viv Vision -Johnny has some ideas here, you should ping him
-Victor Mancha -Again, Johnny - he's the Runaway guy
-Machine Man (regular or Nextwave) -I'd love both
-Super-Adaptoid -Working on it!
Responses in red.
Old December 7th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations & Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Super Adaptoid.

NAME = SUPER-ADAPTOID
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = UNIMAGINATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 10

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

REPULSOR BURST
Once per round, before moving with Super-Adaptoid, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each figure adjacent to him. If a figure receives a wound from Repulsor Burst, you may place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of its previous placement. Figures moved by Repulsor Burst do not take leaving engagement attacks.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Super-Adaptoid's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Super-Adaptoid's Range number for this turn.

MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6+Special. Attack 4.
Super-Adaptoid may attack one non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces, even if Super-Adaptoid is engaged, and any or all figures adjacent to Super-Adaptoid. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

VIBRANIUM ALLOY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Super-Adaptoid always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - The Super-Adaptoid is an android created by A.I.M. to attack Captain America and the Avengers. Powered by a fragment of a Cosmic Cube, the Super-Adaptoid is able to mimic the appearances and powers of anyone nearby. Though it has clashed with a variety of Marvel heroes since it broke free of A.I.M.'s control, it is still best known for its battles with the Avengers, and often draws from the Avengers' powers when fighting other superhumans.
Here's the old Supder-Adaptoid write-up, with a few little tweaks.
Old December 7th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
This feels about right to me, from what I remember of TESS-One. Good use of Weak-Minded.

I would think of the energy bolts as more of an SA thing than an auto-wounding power, but it doesn't feel super off to me.
I honestly went with the auto-wound because I couldn't think of a non-boring SA.
Quote:
Quote:
-The Metal Men -Minimal experience with these guys, but they're weird, so I'd welcome anyone designing them
-Chemo (Is he a robot?) -The DC wiki tells me he is not
-Death's Head -Absolutely
-More Ultrons (Other models, AoU, Phalanx Leader, etc) -Don't forget Ultron-15, the drunk hobo Ultron
-Viv Vision -Johnny has some ideas here, you should ping him
-Victor Mancha -Again, Johnny - he's the Runaway guy
-Machine Man (regular or Nextwave) -I'd love both
-Super-Adaptoid -Working on it!
Responses in red.
I'd love to do the Metal Men, although I'd have to brush up on them. They kind of exist in that weird 60's-kitsch corner of the DC Universe with other properties like Doom Patrol and Challengers of the Unknown.

@johnny139 I'd love to see any take you have on Viv Vision.

Nextwave is something that's been brewing in the back of my head for a while. The question is whether you'd want to do a Nextwave-specific version of the character or one that tries to capture them in one take. (I think it would depend on what character you're talking about, I guess.)
Quote:

NAME = SUPER-ADAPTOID
SECRET IDENTITY =
I like it. Very much like Avengers Amazo, which is absolutely correct.
Old December 7th, 2018, 07:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And here is my General Super-Adaptoid that can morph on the fly...

Quote:
This is what I had so far...Six Markers because that is the most his computer brain could store.

NAME = SUPER ADAPTOID
SECRET IDENTITY = (INSERT)

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = AUTOMATON
PERSONALITY = (INSERT)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

ADAPTOID
Start the game with 6 (COLOR) Adaptoid Markers on this card. If Super Adaptoid takes one or more wounds from an attack you may place an Adaptoid Marker on the attacking figure's card. For the entire game, whenever a figure with an Adaptoid marker on its card that does not have the Adaptoid power attacks Super Adaptoid, you may add one automatic Shield to his defense roll.

POWER MIMICRY
At the beginning of the round you may choose one figure with an Adaptoid Marker on its card. Super Adaptoid may use that cards Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers in place of his own and may use any of its special powers in addition to his own. If any of its special powers refer to that figure or that figure’s card, they refer to Super Adaptoid or Super Adaptoid’s card instead.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Quote:

I honestly went with the auto-wound because I couldn't think of a non-boring SA.
I think something pretty simple could still be tactically interesting for him.

Quote:
ENERGY BOLTS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
TESS-One cannot target an adjacent figure for this attack. After attacking with this special attack, TESS-One may attack with it one additional time.
Helpful for pushing the opponent into coming to him, which feels right to me - the heroes have to rush in to try to contain the rampaging giant robot.

Quote:
Nextwave is something that's been brewing in the back of my head for a while. The question is whether you'd want to do a Nextwave-specific version of the character or one that tries to capture them in one take. (I think it would depend on what character you're talking about, I guess.)
Elsa would just get one card, I think. Monica would definitely want more than one version - I'd shoot for a classic Captain Marvel version and a modern no secret idenity version, with the latter encompassing Nextwave. Machine Man and Boom Boom could go either way - one version with alt cards, or two separate designs for each.

That's a conversation for another thread, though!
Old December 7th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
I think something pretty simple could still be tactically interesting for him.

Quote:
ENERGY BOLTS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
TESS-One cannot target an adjacent figure for this attack. After attacking with this special attack, TESS-One may attack with it one additional time.
Helpful for pushing the opponent into coming to him, which feels right to me - the heroes have to rush in to try to contain the rampaging giant robot.

Quote:
Elsa would just get one card, I think. Monica would definitely want more than one version - I'd shoot for a classic Captain Marvel version and a modern no secret idenity version, with the latter encompassing Nextwave. Machine Man and Boom Boom could go either way - one version with alt cards, or two separate designs for each.

That's a conversation for another thread, though!
I like the Special Attack! I think it's fine if he's a bit "boring." Simple and sturdy sounds right for the character from what i understand.

Moving the Nextwave stuff to the public design thread.
Old December 8th, 2018, 04:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:

NAME = FATHER
Weird - I read this guy's arc in Secret Avengers and I don't remember him being a Braddock.

Anyhow, this one's pretty straightforward. Wouldn't mind seeing him have a little more of a wrinkle to his leadership, since he's kind of a narrow character, but I really dig Final Commands.

Did he work with Cyborgs? I'm remembering him as more of an Android purist.

Quote:

NAME = HYDRA Mech
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
Interesting - I remember a lot of these sorts of things running around circa Fear Itself. Don't think any of em got minis, though.

On Father I really don't know much about him. I was asking about characters who could maybe be a leader to unite androids and cyborgs into a decent faction and he was brought up as a possibility. I did some research on him at the time but can't say I recall all that much of it now. Liked the general direction of a Prof. X type for the bots combined with the OM security he had considering he was so fragile.

The HYDRA Mecs don't have any official minis, it was a concept that could fit any type of random bot looking mini painted up in Hydra colors. Was looking at ways to boost the generic HYDRA ranks when facing supers and really dug the stolen tech from Iron Man angle in the cartoon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy