Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Death Knights of Valkrill

I might have a combined Heroscape / Summoner Wars tournament in early January, where you have to play mostly the same race as your Summoner Wars deck, and I'm playing the Fallen Kingdom. I'm considering this 450 Point Death Knight build:

Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 195
Death Knights x3 - 375
Dumutef Guard x3 - 450, 14 hexes

I need at least 300 Points of Undead, which this satisfies. I'm not sure how synergystic the DK's are with Cyprien, but the points just work out so nicely.

Also, keep in mind I'll always be playing against either Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Goblins or Melee Humans. I'm not sure I really like Cyprien against all the bonding that I'm bound to see (Orcs, Knights, Romans, Dwarves, etc), or really against Cutters/Brutes, but I'm sold on playing the Fallen Kingdom in the Summoner Wars part, and I don't think Zombies will fare any better really than Cyprien/DK's will.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:52 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I might have a combined Heroscape / Summoner Wars tournament in early January, where you have to play mostly the same race as your Summoner Wars deck, and I'm playing the Fallen Kingdom. I'm considering this 450 Point Death Knight build:

Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 195
Death Knights x3 - 375
Dumutef Guard x3 - 450, 14 hexes

I need at least 300 Points of Undead, which this satisfies. I'm not sure how synergystic the DK's are with Cyprien, but the points just work out so nicely.

Also, keep in mind I'll always be playing against either Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Goblins or Melee Humans. I'm not sure I really like Cyprien against all the bonding that I'm bound to see (Orcs, Knights, Romans, Dwarves, etc), or really against Cutters/Brutes, but I'm sold on playing the Fallen Kingdom in the Summoner Wars part, and I don't think Zombies will fare any better really than Cyprien/DK's will.
I would really love to hear info about that tournament! (not that I can be there, but it sounds cool)

also good luck with death knights 5 defence never fails! (unless it does)
Old December 24th, 2010, 01:46 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There was some concern that many of these guys' bonding options are unavailable, but there's a lot to be said for pairing the Death Knights with Air Elementals.

Air Elementals are extremely versatile, and can be used to establish board control or to get to far off foes. Stealth Flying means they will have height advantage a decent amount of the time, and it also means they can pick and choose targets.

This gives the Death Knights a fast hitting, buzzing counterpart which complements their slow and steady style. Not to mention that they almost feel perfectly themed together when subtracting defense from flying foes.

These two units make for very fun and diverse gameplay. They're not terrific, but they can surprise you.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old December 24th, 2010, 05:19 AM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Pair them with taelord.he adds to theirattack, so they can utilize their soul weapon ability. Also, a werewolf lordwoyldnt be bad...

Taelord: 180
DKoV x2 : 320
Werewolf lord : 460
Dumutef Guard: 485
Isamu: 495
9 hexs

Old December 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierking View Post
Pair them with taelord.he adds to theirattack, so they can utilize their soul weapon ability. Also, a werewolf lordwoyldnt be bad...

9 hexs
Why a Werewolf Lord? They're too big to bond with the Death Knights....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:

9 hexs
Um... Unholy bonding has a size limit???

Old December 24th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

9 hexs
Only small, medium, or large can bond with them.

Old December 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

9 hexs

Only small, medium, or large can bond with them.

New army: 240 DKoVx 4
Taelord 420
3 x Dumutef Guard

EDIT: i tried it and it falls to range. changing 1 squad DKoV and 1 dumutef guard for syvarris and isamu

Old December 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
New army: 240 DKoVx 4
Taelord 420
3 x Dumutef Guard

EDIT: i tried it and it falls to range. changing 1 squad DKoV and 1 dumutef guard for syvarris and isamu
1 squad of Death Knights is 60 points and 1 Dumutef Guard is 25 points for a total of 85 points. What if you swapped them for 2 squads of rats (80 points)? You could throw in Isamu to get to an even 500.

The rats could go out first to distract and tie up range. Then pile the order markers on the Death Knights to move out the rest of your army.
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:10 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

In my opinion a large amount of death knights are not needed for a successful Death Knight build for instance

Death knights X3 180
Sir hawthorne 270
air elemental 300

I used this is build along with doctor doom to test a marvel tourney army, it held up well, but was swarmed by sacred band, so I'd sugest anti swarm for any remaining points.

~Killergoat72 Copying Aldin
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:14 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

If anybody's looking to procure more Death Knights....

HouseMouseGames just included Valkrill's Legion on their Xmas Sale.

Get 'em while they're hot.
Old December 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow...I'm shocked that they created a unit that is capable of bonding with Taelord (blah blah blah, he's not overpriced, but don't feel like arguing that here). Had they been even a three man squad I would be concerned about being overpowered.

As it is, I could see a 300 point core of Taelord and 2x Death Knights being a lot of fun to play. Fill it out with the range that makes Taelord so valuable and you have a capable army on your hands.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units