Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old January 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool Battleplan for Heroscape: An Army Designer

Battleplan for Heroscape is a free third-party browser-based unit reference and army designer.

For those of you with a smartphone, check out Battleplan Mobile Edition. Simply visit mythacle.com with your phone's web browser to get started.

If you have feature requests or bug reports, you may post them here or in the Battleplan Help Group.

Happy 'Scaping!

Currently requested features
  • C3G units (Votes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13)
  • Synergy hyperlinking (Votes: 1 2 3 4 5)
  • Offline operation (Votes: 1 2 3 4)
  • Unit power rankings (Votes: 1 2 3)
  • Customs (Votes: 1 2)
  • Unit filtering by attribute (Votes: 1 2)
  • Color printouts (Votes: 1)
  • Group by synergies (Votes: 1)
  • Importing/exporting armies (Votes: 1)
  • Lines indicating synergies (Votes: 1)
  • Multiple army building (Votes: 1)
  • Order marker classifications (Votes: 1)
  • Searching saved armies (Votes: 1)
You're welcome to request any number of features you want, but try to limit it to those you'd like most. This will help give the requests weight and priority.

Features implemented by request
  • Army printing
  • Secondary grouping
  • Duplicate Uniques in armies
  • Add/remove buttons in the browse pane
  • Collections
  • Saved armies
See also:(Last post for counted votes)

Last edited by Jay Cain; April 22nd, 2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Updated features implemented
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:05 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Battleplan: A Heroscape Army Builder

Wow. I haven't gotten too deep in yet, but this looks amazing.

Even just as a quick reference for unit stats, it's fantastic. But I can see the true potential of your true intentions. Great work.
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bookmarking!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Though I'm hopelessly attached to the Excel Army Builder I programmed, this is great work, and something I will definitely use when I'm on the road. In fact I can see this being a very valuable tool at TempleCon next weekend when we play pick-up games and I want to put an army together.

I haven't torcher tested it too much just yet, but one suggestion for an addition. You have a counter for how many hexes the current army takes up. How about an entry field for how many start zone hexes your allowed and have the 'spaces' field light up, or some type of warning message pop-up if you surpass your entered stat zone number?

EDIT: I just noticed that for each (of the same) common card you add the 'army cards' number increases by one. Though this is true, it's suggested that only one card be used to represent all of the same common squad in your army to avoid the confusion of thinking that you have to keep track of which figures go with which card.

To Echo Grungebob... BOOKMARKED!

-insert signature here-
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

OK, this thing is looking amazing!

What are the chances of something that works off line?
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:09 AM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

I think you accidently copied some of Sir Denrick's Bio onto the G'Nater's Bio:

Quote:
Bio
When Vydar had a vision of these agents, he was not sure what to think about these reclusive Primadons. He suspected that they were too primitive and lacking in the ways of warfare to be of any use in his army.
But Vydar took a chance on them, and luckily, he was proven wrong. The Gorillinators are more advanced than many others on Valhalla. The secret development of superior technology on Marr has given them awesome capabilities in battle: they can move at astounding speeds, overtaking enemy positions in minutes; they can use their ranged attacks to neutralize any threat; and their body armor is made of Kiradium alloy, which makes bringing one of them down a daunting task.
In Valhalla, Sir Denrick vowed to selflessly regain the Knights of Weston honor that the traitorous Black Knight Sir Hawthorne had dirtied. In battle, Sir Denrick will zealously seek out the largest and most fearsome opponents in the enemy force defeating them with the skills gained from countless victories against these behemoths of battle.
Still, a great rescource!
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bump! Just been messing around with this thing. Great work! Just really handy!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sweeto neato!

[+rep]
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:36 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, this is really slick. Well done!

Jay, what did you use to put this together? (I don't see any logos or meta tags to hint at any development tool.)

Looking at the source I see a couple TODO comments about eventually letting people create accounts and keep track of their collection...

Edit: "Mythacle" has just been added to the Links page on "Gary's Heroscape Site"

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 24th, 2022 at 11:39 PM.
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. I'm happy to hear you're all liking it!

The cat's out of the bag. Yes, accounts and collections are in the works. In fact, there were many features I wanted to have in 1.0, but we opted to cut a lot of them out so it could be released sooner. But no problem, they'll make it in there.

As it has already started, please continue to use this thread to offer feature requests, ideas, suggestions, bug reports, and (if you must) complaints. I probably won't reply to each one individually, but I will definitely read them, and you will influence the direction of Battleplan. (There have already been changes/plans made based on the feedback given thus far.)

@ nyys: Tracking starting spaces and consolidated Common Squad army card counts will be in 1.1.

@ Gary: We use either EditPlus or Notepad++, depending on the coder.

Old February 1st, 2009, 02:12 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool army builder. I can definitely see this getting some use from me. When making my first army, I did notice that the Elite Onyx Vipers are missing their Frenzy 16 ability though. Anyway, keep up the great work and I can't wait to see what else you are planning for this.
Old February 1st, 2009, 04:35 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, this was timely ... I was just looking for something to help me double-check my math for some armies I'm building for a SoCal gameday tomorrow, and lamenting the fact that HS Manager hasn't been updated in a while. And here is a worthy alternative!

So first let me say, good job. There's a lot here that I will be able to use for any number of things I've been contemplating, and it's super-convenient. Also very slick; I particularly love how hovering over a unit name brings up a tooltip with all the crucial info displayed right there. And the filtering stuff is top-notch, just as HS Manager's was.

Now for the bug reports.
  • Sonya Esenwein's specials don't include Flying.
  • Heavy Gruts only add 3 spaces to your hex count, but the squad contains 4 figures.

That's all I've noticed so far, and that's a pretty skimpy buglist for a first release, so congrats on that.

Suggestions:
  • When you say you have collections "in the works", I hope that means that you will be able to put in what figures you have, and how many of each common squad, so that you don't accidentally end up building an army you can't actually field. Obviously this would be important to save to the user's hard disk somehow.
  • Pretty much anything that HS Manager can do, I think this should be able to do too. I can't think of anything that HS Manager did that wasn't necessary, so I hope you will be mining its interface for good ideas. In particular, being able to name and save your armies, and also being able to specify customs (even if only at a very simple level) are pretty important, I would think.

I'm also curious to hear the answer to Gary's question. I don't believe he was asking so much about what editor you folks are using as much as what the language/framework is. It doesn't appear to be Flash, nor PHP, nor ASP. I think you'll find that the more you open up your development efforts, the more help you can get from those of us with coding talents.

Again, fantastic first effort and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Xotli; February 1st, 2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: clarification

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software