Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7th, 2017, 12:23 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

Nice mapmaking, everybody! Congrats to the top 10!

Last edited by superfrog; February 7th, 2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I managed to get both of my maps in the bottom five :woot:
Old February 7th, 2017, 01:31 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Map Building Contest: TOP 10

Here it is the Prize for the Wilds of Valhalla Map building contest.

THE OLD OAK ROLLER DICE TOWER

ADDITIONAL PICTURES OF THE OLD OAK ROLLER

Click the link for more pics of the old oak roller.

I hope you guys enjoy this one. I think its a beauty. I'm jealous of whomever wins, because its quite possibly the most artistic tower I've done.
May the best man/woman win. @Sir Heroscape , Go ahead and link this to the OP.

Oh, and P.S. The pictures do not do it justice.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; February 7th, 2017 at 02:52 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 01:59 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Map Building Contest: TOP 10

I really can't decide which one to pick. I liked so many of them. Even though @BiggaBullfrog 's name for his totally fits the weather around here so much its a joke. I did have to laugh by the way after watching the 8 inches of ice on my roof just fall off today because it decided to rain so hard after all the snow we've been dumped on. So many good entries. I'm going to have to start building them and check them out with some games to decide.

Old February 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: TOP 10 Vote

Full 15 map index added to the OP.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:06 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

That's a truly impressive tower, TREX. I appreciate the work that you put into something that you'll give someone else. That's what has always made this community special.
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
That's a truly impressive tower, TREX. I appreciate the work that you put into something that you'll give someone else. That's what has always made this community special.
Ive made dozens of towers Ive given away over the years. Thanks for the acknowledgement of my efforts. It would seem some dont understand how much work goes into it. Its great to hear. Thanks for your participation in the contest. Im very excited to play on these fine maps this weekend.

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

My favorites are Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry and Halcyon. Gotta decide between those 2...

Edit: April's a contender as well, for me. Didn't see it there.

Last edited by Cleon; February 8th, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Went with Halcyon. Looks incredibly solid all the way through, and I also love the aesthetics of it. Hope to play on it eventually. great map capsocrates.

April was a very close second. I'm not crazy about the pools of water right outside of each start zone (the ones with the palm trees), but it's not much of a complaint. I really like the division of the three areas, and think it will play well in each. The four glyphs and jungle placement make each area desirable and transition-able.

Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry looks to be a cool map but with the water restricting the entire left start zones relative to that side(s) of the map, it makes melee slowed a bit. And the map itself makes me worried about 4th Mass and 10th Reg and Krav (etc.) dancing around, which will be hard to engage if the player plays it right. I'd open this up to jumpstart melee approaching, so you don't run into this chase problem immediately. But it's not bad.

to each of these maps and their authors.
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:19 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Went with Halcyon. Looks incredibly solid all the way through, and I also love the aesthetics of it. Hope to play on it eventually. great map capsocrates.
Thanks Cleon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I don't have an entrant of my own this time, so I'll make a few comments and vote later, so people can tell me I'm wrong before I do actually pull the lever.

April looks very strong. I like the theme, I like the LoS blockage, I like that it's reasonably compact. It needs the glyphs to function as intended, I think, which is a feature & not a bug. But worth noting. Otherwise the pathing gets tight in the center and on the inner ridges of the high ground.

WSG's Quarry looks a little wide-open for my taste. The terrain features hinder, rather than help, melee. There are a few places where melee pods could set up and be dominant, I think. It's a lovely map, though. It evokes wilderness, for sure.

Marro Thaw is a beautiful map, maybe the most beautiful of the set. I think the unusual shape, though, might create both practical problems at a tournament and game-play problems, vis a vis balance between the starting positions.

Mountain Pass has "tournament map" written all over it, in a good way. I like the pathing all over the place, and I like the road. This doesn't really evoke the "wilderness" theme the way some of the others do, because of the dungeon tile (masquerading as stone) and the road. I like the use of height and shadow. But this one would look good at a tournament, and that may be my most important criterion. Too much opportunity for Z-bomb like attacks? Maybe.

I'll come back to the others later. They all look good! Congrats to the finalists!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Super bummed I won't get a shot at that amazing dice tower!

I voted for Volcarren Paradise, because it not only looks really good, it also looks like it would play pretty well.

Halcyon is probably in second for me. It's unique, but one of a couple that look a little too much on the large side (although I realize it can be difficult to make a small map depending on the terrain chosen!).

No offense to anyone who used them, but roads didn't quite jive with the "Wilds of Valhalla" theme for me.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:27 PM
"like" happy

@NecroBlade . Thanks. You will get a shot at future towers I assure you. I can duplicate it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games