Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:08 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Lord of the Rings-Scape: The Project - Updated 1st Dec-Grima

EDIT: Photobucket evidently deleted my account, but I am uploading all the files to my blog, so that I can host the high res files for you to download and print.
I would love to discuss them on this site, but haven't updated the links below.
You can instead find them all here:
http://boromirandkermit.wordpress.com/heroscape/

Cheers,
Ben.

G'day again,

Back on HQ I started a project to create a set of Lord of the Rings cards for Heroscape. Well, here we are a little older, a little wiser... but still keen as mustard to see this get done. If you check my gallery you can see some revisions that I started a while ago.

I will be updating my LOTR cards and uploading them here for people to use in their games.

Comments and suggestions are welcome with the aim of creating a comprehensive source of well tested customs that play well and hold the feel of the Lord of the Rings.

I will keep a list here on the first post as to what cards are available for use and playtesting. If anyone is interested in helping playtest / come up with ideas, please PM me.

I hope you all find this a useful source and that you enjoy using it.

ARMY CARDS

The Fellowship
Gandalf the Grey
Gandalf the White
Aragorn
Boromir of Gondor
Legolas
Gimli
Frodo Baggins
Samwise Gamgee
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Peregrin Took

The Nazgul
Witchking of Angmar
Ringwraith - Úlairë Nelya
Others to come soon...

Mordor
Grishnakh
Orc Minions Common 4 figure Squad
Orc Archers Common 3 figure squad

Isengard
Saruman
Grima Wormtongue
Ugluk
Lurtz
Uruk-hai Scouts - Swordsmen - 3 figure common squad
Uruk-hai Scouts - Bowmen - 3 figure common squad

Gondor
Faramir
Rangers of Ithilien - 3 figure common squad

Fangorn Forest
Treebeard

Miscellaneous Characters
Smeagol - Gollum

SCENARIOS
Mount Doom Scenario
Authour: Cavie
Sets Required: 2MS + expansion terrain, 2 RTTFF, 2VW
Description: Mt. Doom is the site where the rings of evil power were created. It is also where they must be returned and destroyed. Find the ring, return it to Mt. Doom to be destroyed, and win the game.

GLYPHS
Coming soon...

More to come very soon... graphically updating... requests are also welcome.

Kind Regards,
Ben.[/url]

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.

Last edited by Boromir_and_kermit; June 5th, 2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:43 PM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Great news. I will lurk around here for your next cards. Frodo seems very thematic with the Sting, the Ring and his other abilities. Waiting for more to digest...
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Are these direct conversions from the LotR miniatures game, or just custom units?

Also, I must know, where the hell did the idea for "Boromir and Kermit" come from??

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Not bad, but there are a couple things that could be done better.

1. If you want, you could give him Phantom Walk, which is just Ghost Walk+Disengage in one. I would save some space.

2. On Sting, I don't think it is necessary to put in 'When Frodo is alive..' since abilities only work when a figure is alive, unless it specifies that the ability works when/after the figure is destroyed.

3. I would say to change the wording of The Ring ability to be a bit simpler.

Here are my recommendations for his abilities:

PHANTOM WALK
Frodo may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

STING
If your opponent has at least one Orc figure on the board, you may add 5 to your initiative roll.

THE RING HAS ONLY ONE MASTER...
Before taking a turn with Frodo, roll the 20-sided dice. If you roll an 18 or higher, choose an opponent. That person may move Frodo up to 5 spaces, and then your turn ends. The opponent may not move Frodo in such a way that he would be required to roll for falling damage.

How's that?

Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I agree with those wording, Firemaster.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
As do I, nice job Firemaster, I will make the changes and the upload tonight along with another card. I couldn't think of the name of Phantom Walk. Thanks for pointing that out.

These are custom cards, not transferring Sabertooth's or GW's game.

Boromir and Kermit... well, I've always loved the Muppets and Lord of the Rings, so it's really just my two favourite characters combined.

Cheers guys,
Ben.

EDIT: Uploaded fixed Frodo, another card later today

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:00 AM

Samwise Gamgee is up.

All of the future cards I put up will be of this graphical style.

Figures from the Shire will have that nice green border.
Gondor will have a white stone border.
Nazgul will have a twilight style border.

I am hoping to upload a new card every day. Let's see how we go

Cheers,
Ben.

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM

I think that we can start with the good guys. Since you have already posted two cards, I would go with the fellowship first, so: Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf (the Grey), Gandalf (the White).

Then we could do the supporting characters:
- Arwen, Isildur, Galadriel, Elrond, elven warriors, elven archers,
- Eowyn, Eomer, Theoden, rohirrim riders, rohirrim archers,
- Tom Bombadil, Beorn, different ents, Smeagol, Bilbo,
- Denethor, Faramir
- eagles

Then bad guys: (to be announced)
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Here is a list of characters from the Middle Earth:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rth_characters
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM

May I suggest that I upload the Fellowship first and then follow with the 9 ringwraiths so that we have cards to battle against each other.

Then we can move on from there??

Thanks for the list, but I know Middle Earth like the back of my hand

Ben.

Old October 24th, 2007, 08:22 AM

I thought you would know it, but it may help other people who would want to contribute to refresh their memory. Having two opposing armies seems like a good idea.
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM

shadowpie has disabled reputation
scath do you think he would actually use all the characters from lotr? it would be pretty cool if he did though

captain macmillan rules!
(call of duty 4)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions