Spartacus
Crixus
3 Capian Gladiators

Vs

Sr. Gilbert
2 Knights of Weston
Concan The Kyrie Warrior
2 4th Mass

We played on a custom map with rocky cliffs 11 high that slopped down into a small lake with a glyph in the middle. In the first match we used the Thorian Glyph. The Knight of Weston got to the glyph first and then started trading units with the gladiators. After the Knights, Concan and two gladiator squads perished, Crixus with two wounds took out Sr. Gilbert and took the gylph all was pretty even until, Crixus left the glyph to gain high ground on two 4th Mass. This was the turning point as Crixus wiffed and the 4th mass unleashed a barrage of bullets and destroyed Spartacus. The next round Crixus wiffed again and fell to the 4th.

The second game we swapped out the Thorian Glyph for a common attack +1. My brother swapped Concan out for Airborne Elite and I swiched Armies to:

3 Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord
Brave Arrow
3 Mohican River Tribe

I won initiative and rushed the venocs into the fray grabbed the glyph and with some frenzy help slaughtered a squad and a half of knights and half a squad of 4th Mass. He then successfully dropped the Airborne but I won infinitive and the Mohicans took 3 units that first turn. When the last Airborne did get a turn he took out 2 Mohicans with a grenade. Success looked intimate but the 4th Masses extra man and superior defense (and a common attack +1 glyph) out gunned the Mohicans who never got close enough to engage or far enough to get good concealment rolls. The Venoc Warlord did take out Gilbert but it was too little too late.

In conclusion today I found out the 4th Massachusetts Line are really really good.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old March 29th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Justin The Critic's Battle Report

I love the Vippers and Mittens, I am guessing you got some good frenzies, cause with out them, it is s tough battle. Thanks for sharing

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:59 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
In conclusion today I found out the 4th Massachusetts Line are really really good.
True story, especially when they are in all valiant armies.
Old March 29th, 2015, 03:46 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Another point I would like to make is this was my first time playing with either army, while my brother had a lot of experience playing knights and 4th mass.

Vince Lombardi
Old April 10th, 2015, 08:48 PM

So I played the other brother on the same map today. His army was
Hulk
Krug

My Army
2 Blastatrons
2 Gladiatrons
Q9
Water Elemental

He won initiative and superleaped onto a defense +2 glyph. I moved up my gladiatrons but they were in the water not engaged; then I moved up Blastatrons and all of their attack were blocked. He moved Hulk off the glyph and took out 2 glads. I moved 2 glads adjacent to Hulk and missed with the blasts. He moved Krug to the Glyph. Q9 used his special attack to put 2 wounds on Hulk. I won initiative got 4 glads adjacent to Hulk and added 3 wounds to Hulk. Hulk Smashed and killed another glad. The Blastatrons killed Hulk and wounded Krug. Krug moved up stayed on the defense+2 glyph and killed a glad. It was over the next turn when the Blastatrons took out Krug with one dice for base attack, one dice for hieght, and 4 Gladiatrons adjacent to Krug for a total of 6 dice times 4 attackers Krug fell fast and victory was mine.

Vince Lombardi
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:37 PM

So I played a few different games today on a custom map that had a mountain in the middle with a lava field on top. The first game was a team battle with each army having figures from the same Valkyrie general.I had the classic steamroller my ally had the B11 Resistance Corps, 4 squads of M43 Resistance Fighters, and Migol Ironwill, we were up against an Orc Army (2 blades, 2 heavies, Grimak, Tornak, Nerek) and Knight (2 Kow, 2 4th Mass, Sr. Gilbert, Sr. Denrick.) Grimak chomped 3 gladiators before Crixus took him down. Tornak and heavys took out multiple squads of M43 Resistance Fighters. The Capuans took down Blade Gruts and Nerek. Sir Gilbert used Jandar's dispatch to move the 4th on the top of the volcano and destroyed the rest of Aquilla's Army. When rolling with Tornak and the Kow they were super lucky and in the end the victory went to my opponets.

The next game was a 3 player free for all on the same map I had 3 squads Omnicron Snipers, Zetacron, and a Fire Elemental. My Brother had Venom, 2 squads of Phantom Knights, and the Airborne Elite. My Friend had Moltonclaw, 2 Greenscale Warriors, and Sonlen. So Zetacron died early do to Molternclaw's special it also took out multiple Omnicrons, but Moltenclaw fell shortly after because my friend (3rd time playing) kept him isolated from the rest of his army. The Phantom Knights traded blows with the Omnicrons until our common squads were about half strengh. Venom came in and got 4 wounds on Sonlen until he spidee sensed a threat and then web slinged away. The Airborne Elite came in next turn and won the game.

The Final Battle was also a three player free for all. My opponents kept their same armies from the second game and I swapped out Zetacron and the Fire Elemental for Syvarris. My brother had the worst luck and the Phantom knights got caught in a crossfire with Moltonclaw and the Omnicron snipers and fell in a couple turns. I then made a stupid maneuver and didn't realize that I had a four Omnicron Snipers in a straight line on the highest point of the map and felt the Wrath of Moltonclaw. The next round I got my Omnicron Snipers into position and finally took out Moltonclaw who retreated so Sonlen could heal him. With only Sonlen with 2 life left and 1 Greenscale left Syvarris got on the top of the mountain and with double attack and height advantage won me the game.

Vince Lombardi

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports