Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Heck, we already have Spartacus. He didn't die in battle. He was executed and his body was clearly on display. Pulling him out while he was alive would have changed history too.
According to this site

http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/spartacus.html

Quote:
It is believed that Spartacus died in this battle; there were so many corpses that his body was never found.

But to your point I believe Parmenio was executed.

I don't think they will ever make units of major historical figures such as Julius Caesar or Washington. It is much easier to explain away the disapearance of minor historical figures such as Parmenio and Spartacus.
Actually, Parmenio was assassinated. Storyline wise, he would have nearly been killed, then wisked away, but the assassains would have claimed he was dead. Both Crixas and Spartacus were killed along with slaves, in a similar fashion as to how you mentioned. So yeah, legendary/minor figures are do-able.
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
ROFL! Not sure if the "Ads by Google" are always the same for each page but when I look at it now it lists:

Nazi, Holocaust, Goebbels, Hess, Heydrich!

Apparently even if Hasbro has no intentions of marketing Nazis to the HS crowd... Google still does! J/K obviously though those ads do show up on the top of the screen for me =P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm all for Nazis and Redcoats to go up against our current units. After all, who doesn't want to kill some Nazis?

Someone needs to make custom figures for Abraham Lincoln and Chuck Norris...

~Yub yub, Commander!

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: Rÿchean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old September 10th, 2006, 12:58 AM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon

Someone needs to make custom figures for Abraham Lincoln and Chuck Norris...
No Chuck Norris.

That would be extremely low.

Old September 10th, 2006, 01:12 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How about a custom in memory of the Crocodile Hunter?
I always thought that guy was invincible...

~Yub yub, Commander!

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: Rÿchean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old September 10th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon
How about a custom in memory of the Crocodile Hunter?
I always thought that guy was invincible...

~Yub yub, Commander!
There was mention of a possible custom of the Crocodile Hunter as a tribute to Steve Irwin. Not sure if anyone plans to make one though.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 10th, 2006, 04:10 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Some figures based on King Arthur and some of his knights of the Round Table would be good - would make a good Unique Hero and Unique Squad, maybe.
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:41 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Really? I had a college professor from Germany who told me a few years back that Germans are ashamed of the Nazis and what they did, and basically have tried to erase it from their mind.
Yeah, from what I know images of Nazis are banned in Video Games, etc, in Germany.

American patriotism would sell in theory, but then again why do we see Minutemen and Wolves everywhere?

that is right they try to erase that tings, but i goes in silly was. exampel medal of honur (ps game) the cut als nazi sybose out, all pictures of, hiller and co, and call it not anzi germany only the enemy.

but new heros could be cool.
like siegfried, oder mongolen (kdingis kahn), or greek mhytoloys stuff.

but a hero i want sie is götz von berlichhing(a knight with a steel hand/arm)
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:04 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
What do you think of including Manfred von Richthofen on his Fokker Dr 1 Triplane?

Hard to make rules for, but awesome
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori
What do you think of including Manfred von Richthofen on his Fokker Dr 1 Triplane?

Hard to make rules for, but awesome
#

cant even begin to imagine how they would include rules for a plane, considering that it would be flying all the time. Could only hit it with ranged shots, which may be unfair. Have to be mounted on a high base to ensure it didnt obscure view, or maybe only represented on the board by a base....
Old September 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I guess you're right. I mean, there are Revolutionary Linesmen palling around with a WWII general. A parallel Earth could exist out there.

I hope that they don't go overboard though. Most of thier realistic figures would have to be ancient, as to avoid copyrights. I'm still praying for Odysseus...
Copyrights? Wouldn't be an issue for anyone in history worth making...we're not talking about Mister T or Jessica Simpson here.....they could go as recently as WWII or even later and not worry about copyrights, so long as the person was dead, basically. Look at all the games out there that feature Rommel, Patton, Eisenhower, Churchill, DeGaulle, etc.
Old September 10th, 2006, 04:32 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
British Redcoats are a good idea....a no-brainer almost. I could see Einar getting all the Brits as they are another of history's great conquering empires....Romans, Greeks, Japan, etc. Brits of various eras could fit well with Einar. Longbowmen, Redcoats, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion