Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of The Hood (Design Phase)

Love the mini background Margloth, great find! Power of Dormammu looks like a nice clean way to represent the power.

Hahma Airwalk is a great thematic power. I think it could tie in nicely with Phantom Walk into a single power for his movement.

AIR WALK
The Hood can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving engagements. While moving, if The Hood continues his movement on the same level, he may walk over water without stopping, pass over obstacles such as ruins and pass over figures without becoming engaged if he began and continued his move their height or higher.
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:58 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
is near-broken. I like the idea, but really, I'm just going to ignore every attack that ever comes his way. Sure, I'll be rolling the d20 a lot, but what's the worst that going to happen? I now have a 6A, 6D character? Imagine having to go against this guy in the end game. He'll never die.
I know right now it's broken, in the Public thread it was discussed, so I figured we could hash it out more now. The heroes said this was their favorite idea for the power, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
This seems a little off to me. You can reveal an Order Marker on Kingpin, take a turn with The Hood, get to attack twice, and if either attack deals a wound, get to take a turn with any Crime Lord of Criminal, then get to take a turn with Kingpin. That's a heck of a lot of turns in one OM.

He's one of the few (or first?) flying Criminal/Crime Lord.
It's supposed to be tied to an OM, it must've gotten lost in translation somewhere. Pretty obvious fix.

Quote:
Yeah, not sure why he can fly. I've never seen him do it.

Also, the more I think about it, Invisiblity seems like a great fit for the Hood. As for Criminal Ambition, he seems like a normal guy (and often gets little to no respect) until he unleashes his demonic powers and motivates his cronies (he once literally eats a guy). I almost wonder if the write-up shouldn't look more like this:

INVISIBILITY
DOUBLE ATTACK
POWER OF DORMMAMU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 1. Attack: 6
If The Hood inflicts at least 1 wound with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood. If The Hood does not inflict at least 1 wound with this special attack, he receives 1 wound.
He doesn't actually fly, but I figured I'd represent his boots. I thought of an Airwalk/Boots of Dormammu power, but I decided to go with flying just to save space on the card. (And the same level thing is cool, but he always walked up "stairs" so it's not really same level. )

At first I really didn't like these ideas since they were so different, but it DOES seem more elegant. The same ideas (Criminal synergies, still a Crime Lord, etc...) are still there, which I like. My only problem is the magical aspect seems diminished. There's just too much of this character to capture.

Maybe a slightly tweaked Invisibility to keep the Cloak of Dormammu name? And should we tie the SA to an order marker so there's not a million people taking turns because of Street Thugs or Kingpin or whatever?

Last edited by Lord Pyre; October 30th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Whoops

Last edited by Lord Pyre; October 30th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

See, I kind of think Hood should have the ability to give turns without revealing an OM first (for the record, Red Skull can do it to). A huge storyline for him was serving as something of an Underboss to Norman Osborn. He should fit the role of a 'mover and shaker' under the 'movers and shakers'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
At first I really didn't like these ideas since they were so different, but it DOES seem more elegant. The same ideas (Criminal synergies, still a Crime Lord, etc...) are still there, which I like. My only problem is the magical aspect seems diminished. There's just too much of this character to capture.
He gains a massive special attack, though. That's pretty magical. And I stand by the fact that defensively, the cloak doesn't give him much power other than invisibility. Most of the power he gets from it is his ability to channel the Demon for a short while, usually in the form of a big attack. He should be street-level, with the ability to hit the big guys from time to time.

It should also be noted that with Invisibility and the ability to send out a screen of Street Thugs, this guy will be annoyingly hard to kill. Not to mention if he does manage to gobble up somebody with the Power of Dormammu and take a turn with some Criminal back-up.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the OM reveal is necessary to keep from breaking the game. I wish we would have tied an OM reveal to Red Skull. That ship has sailed though.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
See, I kind of think Hood should have the ability to give turns without revealing an OM first (for the record, Red Skull can do it to). A huge storyline for him was serving as something of an Underboss to Norman Osborn. He should fit the role of a 'mover and shaker' under the 'movers and shakers'.

Quote:
He gains a massive special attack, though. That's pretty magical. And I stand by the fact that defensively, the cloak doesn't give him much power other than invisibility. Most of the power he gets from it is his ability to channel the Demon for a short while, usually in the form of a big attack. He should be street-level, with the ability to hit the big guys from time to time.

It should also be noted that with Invisibility and the ability to send out a screen of Street Thugs, this guy will be annoyingly hard to kill. Not to mention if he does manage to gobble up somebody with the Power of Dormammu and take a turn with some Criminal back-up.
Well, they also knew that Osborne was going to betray them (So Hood counted on Loki instead of Osborne, which is pretty much the total opposite of what makes sense, but... ). I'm just worried about power creep with it! Like Scape noted earlier, that's a LOT of stuff going on with a Kingpin OM.

If he's channeling Dormammu's power, may we could restrict how much he uses it? How about this:

Range: 1. Attack: 7
If The Hood inflicts at least 1 wound with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood, and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood. After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound.

It's busy, but I think it's cool. He's ALWAYS wounded while using it, so it limits how much you'd want to use it, but if it succeeds, then you have much more flexibility for a short while which could be pretty cool. Thoughts?

He IS annoyingly hard to get rid of, which is perfect.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:47 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like that approach, I just don't know as it would be easy to remember. Maybe a 'reveal the X Order Marker to activate [power name] for the remainder of the round' power, ala Evar Scarcarver?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Well, they also knew that Osborne was going to betray them (So Hood counted on Loki instead of Osborne, which is pretty much the total opposite of what makes sense, but... ). I'm just worried about power creep with it! Like Scape noted earlier, that's a LOT of stuff going on with a Kingpin OM.

If he's channeling Dormammu's power, may we could restrict how much he uses it? How about this:

Range: 1. Attack: 7
If The Hood inflicts at least 1 wound with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood, and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood. After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound.

It's busy, but I think it's cool. He's ALWAYS wounded while using it, so it limits how much you'd want to use it, but if it succeeds, then you have much more flexibility for a short while which could be pretty cool. Thoughts?

He IS annoyingly hard to get rid of, which is perfect.
Give him 4 or 5 life with that and I think it's perfect.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Suggested edits to keep the power triggers in order. I really think that last bit can be cut too. Doesn't add much to the design, but extra text IMO.

Range 1. Attack 7.
After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound. If The Hood inflicted at least one wound on an opponent's figure with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood., and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood.

I'd give him 4 life and I think that would be a nice power. Keep his cost down and really make you think when you want to use it.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I see no reason he can't decimate one of his own figures to trigger the turn, though.

Of course, Power of Dormammu feels really generic, name-wise. I don't feel much theme with it.
Old October 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I see no reason he can't decimate one of his own figures to trigger the turn, though.
True. Was just trying to make it so his self-inflicted wound didn't trigger the power.
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Suggested edits to keep the power triggers in order. I really think that last bit can be cut too. Doesn't add much to the design, but extra text IMO.

Range 1. Attack 7.
After using this special attack, The Hood receives one wound. If The Hood inflicted at least one wound on an opponent's figure with this special attack, after his turn ends you may take an immediate turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord you control within clear sight of The Hood., and for the rest of the round, if you reveal an order marker on The Hood, you may take a turn with a Unique Hero Criminal or Crime Lord instead of The Hood.

I'd give him 4 life and I think that would be a nice power. Keep his cost down and really make you think when you want to use it.
Well, I like him being able to control his crew better, but simplicity is always good. Just an idea.

And I really hate giving figures 4 life. It means he can only use it 3 times a game if he doesn't take any wounds. If we cut the part about it working the rest of the round, then he'd have to use it more often. I'm totally against 4 life.
And his cost doesn't need to stay down. The guy's pretty powerful. No, he shouldn't be as powerful as Kingpin, but considering he was the Kingpin for a short while before Dormammu totally consumed him, I think it's fine if he's close.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library