Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Master Set only I'd probably go with:

Raelin I
KMA
Q10
Tarns
Stingers x2
500/16
Spoiler Alert!
I like the army but I'd probably replace the Tarns with the Marro Warriors.
They'd probably be a more popular choice on these forums, but they never pull their weight for me. If in one round you could attack with some and clone with some I'd probably like them, but I always seem to choose wrong when I play them. The Tarns are slow and difficult to use effectively on offense, but at least they're solid defensively. People always have a hard time getting past them when I play them.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 12th, 2009, 02:26 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
I agree ... but realin does not give whirlwind to everybody in your army ....
Duh. My point was that activating RotV Raelin could only ever give you one attack. SotM Raelin can give you more. And the 'grubs/TKN give you 4 attacks, Tarns 4, Marro Warrios 4 per OM.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:18 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No SotM Drake?? He is a great place to start a Master Set Army! I'm not gonna build an army, but, I think he deserves a spot.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

for 500

SoTM drake 170
RoTV raelin 250
KMA 350
The mind-shackle guy with the stupid name 440
Nagrubs x2 500
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
for 500

SoTM drake 170
RoTV raelin 250
KMA 350
Ne-Gok-Sa 440
Nagrubs x2 500
Not bad. But for that last 60 points I would take the Izumi Samurai over 2 squads of Nagrubs without anyone to bond to.

SotM Drake 170
RotV Raelin 250
Krav Maga 350
Ne-Gok-Sa 440
Izumi Samurai 500

Based solely on the parameters of the original post's requirements, here is another viable option:

Major Q10 150
Raelin 230
Krav Maga 330
Stingers x 2 450
Marro Warriors 500

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; December 12th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Just saw my army posted earlier up above. Sorry.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There is so much goodness to choose from. Syvarris is a nice one to think about that hasn't really been mentioned. He's 100 points with double attack and a nice long range.
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
There is so much goodness to choose from. Syvarris is a nice one to think about that hasn't really been mentioned. He's 100 points with double attack and a nice long range.
The longest range in the game except for Deadeye Dan
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
The mind-shackle guy with the stupid name 440
Blasphemy! For that, Ne-Gok-Sa will roll a 20 and Mind-shackle you. And then eat your soul.

In all seriousness, he's a handy bugger. You need a glyph safe? Stick NGS on it.

Quote:
Yup. In the army i suggested with him, the KMA, RotV Raelin, and the Viking group, I've found it to be more beneficial (in some cases) to apply the bonuses from Finn and Thorgrim's spirit-bonuses to Syvarris instead of the KMA. On height, he's a pretty lethal guy--Range 9, Attack 5 (with Finn's spirit and height) with double attack, Defense 5 (with height and RotV Raelin). For his 100 points, Syvarris can pack a whallop.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post

Quote:
Yup. In the army i suggested with him, the KMA, RotV Raelin, and the Viking group, I've found it to be more beneficial (in some cases) to apply the bonuses from Finn and Thorgrim's spirit-bonuses to Syvarris instead of the KMA. On height, he's a pretty lethal guy--Range 9, Attack 5 (with Finn's spirit and height) with double attack, Defense 5 (with height and RotV Raelin). For his 100 points, Syvarris can pack a whallop.
Finn's spirit is quite nice, although I don't think Thorgrim is worth it when you consider that you could put keep Raelin nearby. I have never really liked Thorgrim, for the same points you get Raelin who does what you are asking Thorgrim to do except infinitely better.
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Quote:
I just knew I should have listened to that little voice in my head saying to double check that Syvarris hadn't been mentioned. Still, he is an easy to overlook unit.
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Finn's spirit is quite nice, although I don't think Thorgrim is worth it when you consider that you could put keep Raelin nearby. I have never really liked Thorgrim, for the same points you get Raelin who does what you are asking Thorgrim to do except infinitely better.
Well yes, I don't add Thorgrim to Syvarris--I add him to the KMA.

But, Let's say you've got and extra 80 points and you have to choose between Finn and Thorgrim? It really comes down to the army you're playing with. Thorgrim's Defense+1 to adjacent figures can be very helpful, but Finn's Attack+1 bonus is only useful to melee figures. In which case, to benefit from Finn's real worth, you need to get him slaughtered first.

In the build I descibed, you get both, so why not use them? I usually just let Finn lead the Vikings out, and hold back with Throgrim and Raelin, who can give +3 defense to the ranged units. Then it's a toss-up for who get's Finn's spirit--usually the KMA over Syvarris, but only if al three are lft. If one's down, I'll give it to the Life 4, Defense 6 (if counting Raelin, Thorgrim, and height) Syvarris. (I have terrible luck with Stealth Dodge, btw. I can't tell you how many times I've rolled 0 shields with those poor saps.)

Quote:
I just knew I should have listened to that little voice in my head saying to double check that Syvarris hadn't been mentioned. Still, he is an easy to overlook unit.
Very true. In fact, I've only ecently begun using him, h flew under my good-unit radar for quite a while. Then of course, I've only recently been branching out to non-Marro focused builds.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Syvarris falls into the will-always-have-a-soft-spot-in-my-heart-for-him kind of figure. Before I knew about meta-gaming and tournament-worthy armies and multiple commons, Syvarris was almost always in my army.

I feel like he's my "Woody" relegated to the toychest now while the rest of 'scape became my "Buzz" Lightyear.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles