Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 28th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Talingul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I see there isn't a construct with range yet.
If someone was going to scale up the Water Elemental to a Unique Hero, in the mold of Air Elemental -> Boreos and Fire Elemental -> Avernus, I think we could well see a construct with a Range of 4 or more (Boreos's 2 Range doesn't really fill that niche).
Old March 2nd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
It looks like he becomes quite strong at the ~600pt. range when you can easily add rats x3, or even mess around with a 4th squad or MW.

I wish you had the option of bonding with 1 construct and also taking a turn with Talingul. Go with a construct and use it to screen Talingul while he shoots. I don't know if that was tested or not, it might be too strong. I see there isn't a construct with range yet.
I tried Talingul at 600 but it was a limited figures tourney of 16 figures so Rats wouldn't have been very viable. Granted I also think Rats are lame and should never be used but it's a good screen. My army was

Talingul
Avernus
Iron Golem
Lilja
Boreos
Marcu
Isamu

Too many Deathwalker whiffs for defense rolls is any Tal army's biggest issue. Lots of eggs in one basket that can go down too easy at times. Still he is a lot of fun. I'd enjoy seeing an under 70 points construct as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
If someone was going to scale up the Water Elemental to a Unique Hero, in the mold of Air Elemental -> Boreos and Fire Elemental -> Avernus, I think we could well see a construct with a Range of 4 or more (Boreos's 2 Range doesn't really fill that niche).
I've got one in mild development however it's melee oriented much like it's smaller cousin. A ranged construct would be useful though.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:16 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Screen Door

At that same tournament Toogwick_tuk brought rats x2, Talingul, Boreos, Avernus, Augamo, Bol. I played it and beat his spiders x4, Quahon, Wyvern, and Kozzie the Owlbear Wakka Wakka. I won with Bol and a 1 life Talingul in a very close matchup, but it also took me a while to kill Quahon and the Wyvern.

~Dysole, who was impressed with the way the build played
Old March 2nd, 2020, 01:41 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

As discussed though that does make Rats the fix for a subpar build. Talingul is fun but has no synergy on his own against swarms. Granted it's all about the rolls either way.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 2nd, 2020, 03:00 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Any competitive setting Talingul army should have Boreos and Avernus for a base of 350 points.

That combo can handle melee squads when played well. Swirling Vortex is very potent.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 12:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Any competitive setting Talingul army should have Boreos and Avernus for a base of 350 points.

That combo can handle melee squads when played well. Swirling Vortex is very potent.
I 100% agree Boreos is an absolute must for Talingul. The ability to relocate Talingul is critical, the ability to slow down commons with the swirling vortex is great, and the ability to isolate an enemy unit with the pull gives you something akin to a ranged attack. Boreos is a subtle figure and harder to get full value out of, but when played well it makes the whole army work.

I'm less convinced Avernus is critical. Wave of Flame is a decent potential way to get distributed damage, but I'm partial to Augamo and his reliable double attack. You definitely want one of them. The potential to kill more than 2 figures in an OM is important against swarm armies.

Rats x2... I mean, don't get me wrong, rats are always good. But playing rats with a primarily melee army, at least outside of a Heat of Battle scenario, can be pretty difficult to manage. There's also an obvious anti-synergy with Avernus.

If you're looking for A+ help for the constructs, then Raelin is a much more natural choice. There's still some of the struggle factor against ranged armies, and you're liable to have to put more than one OM on Raelin over the course of the game. But it's still a huge boon.
Old March 5th, 2020, 12:17 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m not sure why but I’m usually more attracted to rats x2 than Raelin, probably like 75% of the time (and obviously if I can fit them). But yeah both are great almost* no matter the build. You could say the same about Q9 and MW too, and maybe Hydra. But rats and Raelin work more with their fellow units so the others are a bit different.

Talingul’s not as bad as Kurrok since he has Boreos to move him and an extra life, but it still bothers the crap out of me that when they go down early you basically lose. Unless Kurrok somehow has a ton of Fire Elementals in place. The large Constructs might not be as bad after your master goes down depending on what you’re facing, if you’re not overwhelmed by squads. So yeah, I always want to play something else in the elemental/construct armies outside of just the master+elementals/constructs to either protect or use in case you go down early.

So some armies I was thinking were:

Talingul 100
Boreos 115
Lilja 115
Iron Golem 100
Rats x3 120
MW 50

Talingul 100
Boreos 115
Augamo 155
Iron Golem 100
Rats x3 120
10 pointer

Talingul 100
Avernus 135
Augamo 155
PKs x3 210

Talingul 100
Lilja 115
Boreos 115
Greater Ice Elemental 130 (throw in Avernus if you can fit 605 )
PKs x2 140

I’m not completely opposed to running only large constructs, it definitely looks fun and can pack a punch. But that sort’ve feels like the Steamroller to me; it’s solid but limited and can’t compensate for when you run into scenarios/matchups that are tricky or tough.

If a ~70pt. ranged large Construct comes out, that would be sweet and help a lot.

*I don’t like Raelin with Vipers, I just don’t think she works with how they play and bumping 0 up to 2 doesn’t feel as worth it to me than when she bumps everything else. And I don’t like her as much with melee that really covers the whole board that’s harder to stay within her aura. But she still doesn’t hurt to add. With Rats I pretty much always like them, if I can fit them. Even if it’s an unconventional melee bonding + rats build, having them around is always good. Stick a squad of them by a glyph and you now have that glyph. I guess Trons and Cutters would be where I don’t want rats. Even then...
Old December 28th, 2020, 07:51 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Talingul has a two additional minis outside of The Citadel box. First is called Elven Demi-Magus #061, #062, #063 from the Mage Knight Sinister set.

Second mini is called Enderek os Fena #111 from the Mage Knight Sinister set.
Old June 26th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@bmon Breach is not listed as a Construct in the Book.
Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:49 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
@bmon Breach is not listed as a Construct in the Book.
Breach added. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs