Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 29th, 2008, 03:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Flash & Deathstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
It's been a while since my last addition to this thread; my new policy is to reserve this thread for figures that have made it to "final draft" stage, so new customs will show up here a bit slower. I did finally finish playtesting a new hero, so here he is:

First off, I really like a lot of your customs. Will have to play test your versions of chars I have to see how they compare. I like getting a figure before playtesting, so will have to wait on others.

This Green Arrow is similar to mine. I don't like your wording to accurate shot, because as it stands, it says te me that no matter what you roll, you always have all skulls. Maybe change to something like "All blank die rolls count as skulls" or "Reroll all dice that are not skulls." I have a couple different powers/shots than yours, but yours works too.

Old December 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Flash & Deathstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
First off, I really like a lot of your customs. Will have to play test your versions of chars I have to see how they compare. I like getting a figure before playtesting, so will have to wait on others.
Thanks for the compliment. As I've said before, if you (or anyone, for that matter) get a chance to playtest one of my customs I'm all ears as to the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This Green Arrow is similar to mine. I don't like your wording to accurate shot, because as it stands, it says te me that no matter what you roll, you always have all skulls. Maybe change to something like "All blank die rolls count as skulls" or "Reroll all dice that are not skulls."
Well, re-rolling any dice that are not skulls is subtly different than the mechanic I have in mind for Green Arrow, which is a version of Ornak's Orc Battle Cry Aura. (I have nothing against the re-roll mechanic - my Superman's Heat Vision Special Power uses it.)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "no matter what you roll, you always have all skulls." I worded Green Arrow's power the way I did because as a former journalist, style rules are very important to me, and Heroscape style has not established a way to refer to the blank sides of the combat dice. Therefore, I found a way to achieve the game mechanic I desired ("any die result that is not a shield" = skulls + the blank side) without mentioning the blank side.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:59 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Green Arrow

Just want to say thank you! For the last month I have been reading and printing hints, suggestions, cards, and ideas from this site. I gave my nephew Marvel Heroscape for Christmas and now he wants to play it all the time! Thanks for making me the coolest uncle ever! I also wanted to offer my expertise as a comic enthusiast. I do not know all the characters, but I know most of them. If there is a character you need more info on powers or more background on, I'd be happy to help! Later!
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Just want to say thank you! For the last month I have been reading and printing hints, suggestions, cards, and ideas from this site. I gave my nephew Marvel Heroscape for Christmas and now he wants to play it all the time! Thanks for making me the coolest uncle ever! I also wanted to offer my expertise as a comic enthusiast. I do not know all the characters, but I know most of them. If there is a character you need more info on powers or more background on, I'd be happy to help! Later!
Thanks! I (and all the rest of us custom makers here, I'm sure) am happy to hear that we were able to help a kid fall in love with Heroscape. I myself have been working on some Pokemonscape for my cousins, so I know where you're coming from.

Always feel free to leave feedback on my customs, and if you and your nephew play with any of them, please let me know how they play. In fact, here's another one I just got done testing yesterday:

EDIT: I've also updated my Blackfire and Zoom customs on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 10th, 2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 1/9 - Deadshot

I just wanted to post that I've updated my Scarecrow (page 1) and Harley Quinn (page 2) customs.

I've been playing around with the new cards for a little while, but never got around to posting them here because I hadn't finished playtesting them. With the possibility that the NM24 process is being brought back to life, I wanted to start posting the most current versions of my old cards. I'm especially happy with the changes made to Harley Quinn - Acrobat and Popgun Special Attack alone never seemed to capture the spirit of the character and seemed a little bland for what should be a fun figure to play. Her new Sidekick Special Ability now makes her an enabling cheerleader for two characters she's often teamed up with in the Batman Animated Series, Joker and Poison Ivy, the latter of whom is right here:

Old January 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Green Arrow

I don't know where I left off, but I looked at a couple of your latest.

DEADSHOT
- Nothing much to say here, very simple yet effective. With only 4 life and 3 defense he is a pretty fragile figure, especially for the super world. I know his special is very good, but he might have a difficult time when fighting othe Superheroes (Three attack dice just won't hurt people like Cap and Abomination, levae alone Hulk). However his low cost represents that. I think it's pretty accurate though I could see a slight decrease in testing.

Poison Ivy
- Again you've mastered the simple but effective technique. A lot of time people, myself included, try to load up on abilities to make the custom represent everything they could ever possibly do. Really great job!

Green Arrow
- Accurate Shot is perfect, wording and everything.
- Cost might be slightly too expensive because a 3 isn't a great attack, but with the Triple Shot Special and Aaccurate Shot I'm not sure how it would play out. Since you said he was fully tested though, i trust what you discovered.

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM

Re: Deadshot, Poison Ivy, Green Arrow

Welcome back, hi1! I've missed your detailed feedback on this thread. Hope school's not taking too much outta you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
I don't know where I left off, but I looked at a couple of your latest.

Poison Ivy
- Again you've mastered the simple but effective technique. A lot of time people, myself included, try to load up on abilities to make the custom represent everything they could ever possibly do. Really great job!
Thanks. My design philosophy for this game is definitely KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid); I realize it's impossible to capture everything some characters are capable of on a Heroscape card, especially any characters who've been around for decades and had numerous interpretations in the comics, so I always go for what to me is the core of the character. It's why my Superman custom has Inspiring instead of something like Super-Breath or X-Ray Vision. To me, that's Superman's true value as a character - someone who makes others into better people.
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:48 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
BatScape The Animated Series

Man, your Batman customs are great! I want to have a 'Batman : The Animated Series' inspired brawl with all those great members of his rogues gallery you've created. The Harley & Ivy pairing makes me especially giddy, but now they need a Batgirl to fight. Speaking of other customs you should do, any plans for Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul... basically any of the series mainstays? Etrigan is a nice little bonus if you remember his appearance on the animated series... a Klarion The Witch Boy custom could compliment him well [hint hint].

If I may make a few random comments?

BATMAN - He's great, don't change a thing. Strategist is perfect for him.

CLAYFACE - Also great, I would just add something like the Ghost Walk
ability... he can change himself to look like anyone/thing, so he should be able to move through enemy figures, no?

JOKER - I love the Arkham Asylum image behind Mr. J, the whole card just looks very beautiful. From an aesthetic perspective, one of the best cards you've done.

HARLEY - Sidekick was such a brilliant idea for her, I'm jealous. Like I said, the 'Girl's Night Out' episodes were some of my favorites, so being able to have her ally with someone else when she's mad at The Joker [or he kicked her out!] is appreciated. I guess you would call it 'Good Theme'.

GORDON & THE GCPD - These are all nice, but the images all still say OFFICER. LAWMAN is way better. Do you have updated pix? I only ask because I want to print 'em and use 'em.

I like that your villains are cheap enough that it encourages you to make these classic villain pairings. Scarecrow and Ivy seem especially well costed. Although I am very uncertain of costs when doing my own customs, those two seem right.

When I do the BTAS themed match, I'll take photos.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM

Re: BatScape The Animated Series

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Man, your Batman customs are great! I want to have a 'Batman : The Animated Series' inspired brawl with all those great members of his rogues gallery you've created. The Harley & Ivy pairing makes me especially giddy, but now they need a Batgirl to fight. Speaking of other customs you should do, any plans for Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul... basically any of the series mainstays? Etrigan is a nice little bonus if you remember his appearance on the animated series... a Klarion The Witch Boy custom could compliment him well [hint hint].
I do have a Batgirl card, but as I haven't finished playtesting her yet, I haven't posted her in this thread. Same goes for all the other Bat-villians you listed above. As for Klarion the Witch Boy, I eagerly await your custom of him. (Although I'm not sure Heroclix ever made him, hmmm...)

Quote:
GORDON & THE GCPD - These are all nice, but the images all still say OFFICER. LAWMAN is way better. Do you have updated pix? I only ask because I want to print 'em and use 'em.
Whoa, guess I never updated Commissioner Gordon's card on this thread when I finalized him. It's fixed now on the first page. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll update the GCPD Cops and NYPD Detectives cards when I've played a few games with 'em. I've also got a card in the works for MCU Detectives Crispus Allen and Renee Montoya.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: BatScape The Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I do have a Batgirl card, but as I haven't finished playtesting her yet, I haven't posted her in this thread. Same goes for all the other Bat-villians you listed above. As for Klarion the Witch Boy, I eagerly await your custom of him. (Although I'm not sure Heroclix ever made him, hmmm...)
They did indeed make Klarion!
I will add him to my 'To Do' list! Can't wait for Batgirl, although I still need to get an actual mini of her.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
C3G Hero

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 1/20 - Poison Ivy

One more thought... since the logic of making GCPD et all LAWMAN is sound, why not make Green Lantern a LAWMAN too? After all, the GL Corps is basically an intergalactic police force.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 1/20 - Poison Ivy

Quote:
One more thought... since the logic of making GCPD et all LAWMAN is sound, why not make Green Lantern a LAWMAN too? After all, the GL Corps is basically an intergalactic police force.
I considered it when I first designed Green Lantern (although he was originally going to be an Officer), but since I had plans for Officer synergies such as bonding and increased defense, I decided on Corps Member so he wouldn't be unbalanced. I think it adds a bit of variety too, since I don't want to start putting too many customs into pre-existing classes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations