Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 2nd, 2020, 03:50 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)

The Book of Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 75
PILLARS OF SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the WizKids Promos: 2012 Convention Exclusive set.
Its model number and name are #D-003 / Dr. Fate.

Character Bio - Kent V. Nelson, grand-nephew of the original Doctor Fate, Kent Nelson, was down on his luck after making several poor decisions in his marriage and career as a Psychiatrist. One night as he was laying in a dumpster, he came across the Helm of Nabu. While initially he denied any existence of magic, even going so far as to try to sell the Helm at a pawn shop, he soon uses its benefits to help him gamble.

After Kent has a confrontation with a demon Negal, he began to accept his role as a hero, the new Doctor Fate. He went on to aid the JSA in a time of need, posing as the original Doctor Fate, and even managed to resurrect Mister Terrific after he was killed in battle.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human Doctor Fate has these Human Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Magical Defense special power, Doctor Fate has these Magical Defense Synergies.
  • As a Human with the Magical Defense special power, Doctor Fate may be chosen for Wong's Loyal Manservant special power.
  • As a Protégé, Doctor Fate has these Protégé Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Doctor Fate may save a Mystery Man or Protégé from being destroyed once per game with his The Hand of Fate special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:52 PM. Reason: png
Old February 2nd, 2020, 03:50 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson) (Breathing)

NAME = DOCTOR FATE
SECRET IDENTITY = KENT V. NELSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTÉGÉ
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 270

DOUBLE DOWN
After attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure. Place a combat die on this card with either a skull, shield, or blank facing up, then roll a single combat die. If the die rolled matches the die face up on this card, and that die is a:
• skull, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
• shield, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
• blank, the chosen figure receives 1 wound and you may remove 2 Wound Markers from this card.
If the die rolled does not match, you must place a Wound Marker on or remove one unrevealed Order Marker from this card, then use Double Down one additional time.

THE HAND OF FATE
Once per game, after a friendly Mystery Man or Protégé is destroyed, you may place or remove Wound Markers until the Hero has up to 2 Life remaining and then place the Hero on an empty space adjacent to Doctor Fate.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Doctor Fate is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Doctor Fate can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Arkham; April 1st, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 03:52 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

@Yodaking @johnny139 @Soundwarp SG-1 @japes @Lord Pyre

Last edited by Arkham; August 18th, 2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 05:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting gamble in that if you miss you must do it a 2nd time. That means you can't limit the fall out by just removing an X OM from the card. Fail twice and you pay some kind of price. I think I would still give it a go once per round though with the X on his card. Just hope you don't fail twice in a row.

Last edited by Yodaking; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 06:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh that's nice. I missed that interplay originally.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 06:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very interesting! I really dig The Hand of Fate as an addition to the faction.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 2nd, 2020, 09:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure if he should count as a Mystery Man or a Protege - he's certainly a man, and certainly mysterious, but is he a Mystery Man? So far it's been reserved exclusively for Golden Age heroes. I think I'm fine with bending that a bit here, as he does fit the faction. Probably.

I'd probably go with "Reluctant" or something for his personality, since we seem to be leaning in on the earlier part of his personality where he's kind of doubting magic and being a hero and all that. But I'm not really familiar with the character so maybe I'm wrong.

Really like his power set though! I think he'll be a fun addition to the JSA as a faction. My only question is in Double Down, the last line - "use Double Down one additional time." Is this meant to include placing the die? Like, you place a blank, you roll a shield: do you then get to place a skull before you roll again, or do you have to try for a blank the second time?
Old February 2nd, 2020, 09:46 PM

I am a bit torn on the Mystery Man vs. Protege deal as well, but I ultimately went with the former as he doesn't stay on as a recruit or anything, he pretty much just gets pulled in as they thought he was the previous Fate, and he does his best to help out and pretend to be the original Fate to the villains.

I'm good with something like that for the personality.

I intended the power to be you re-place your bet. So if you go big with the first attempt, you can try for a safer pick the second one. Or vice versa(say you really need a heal or something). I figured that way would be more fun, but I'm open to discussion if others prefer you be locked in to the first choice.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 10:18 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, well the theme of the name "Double Down" implies you keep going with your original gamble, right?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 2nd, 2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, well the theme of the name "Double Down" implies you keep going with your original gamble, right?
I'm not married to the name fwiw, but in blackjack you can double down by doubling your bet and before the results are shown. So it's a little different here in execution.

If the desire is to see you locked into your initial bet/choice, I'd imagine the wording would need to be changed, and the potential benefits also adjusted to account for that.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 10:39 PM

Gotcha. I have no strong feelings on direction for that one, so long as it's clear in the verbiage. Interesting mechanic for sure.

Old February 2nd, 2020, 10:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, right now the wording suggests that you do get to place the die again, so if that's the case we're fine. No strong preference on my part, but I agree we'd probably need to up the reward on the blank to make sure it's worth trying for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library