Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 21st, 2011, 01:47 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation
Re: Energy Drinks

Ok jumping up and down now. I guess speedscape will never happen.
Old February 21st, 2011, 03:45 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Drink Brondo! It's got electrlytes! It's what plants crave.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
It's amazing how many calories we drink in a day, which is a huge reason why we're so fat here in the US. I stopped drinking soda several years ago. I went from at least a 12-pack a week to barely a 12-pack a year now. Basically I have soda if I'm at a cook out.

Every since I did that the weight melted off and stayed off. I pretty much stick to water, milk, and the occasional glass of juice. Never got a taste for coffe, and I keep away from Dunkin Donuts and all the 'death in a cup' they serve.

I'm certainly not perfect, I eat far too much sugar than I should, but by just cutting out that one part of my diet things changed ten fold.
Well done Nyys.

I've been personal training people for 20+ years now (shudder. how time flies) and all that time it's been the same rule of thumb.

Cut your calories. Avoid refined sugars, sodas, alcohol, and high fatty foods. Eat in moderation everything else. Exercise and burn more than you put in every day at first. After that, still exercise hard one hour a day, and eat clean meals the size of your fist four to five times a day. DRINK lots of water, and moderate amounts of REAL juices and whole organic milk.

That's it. Simple. No screaming trainers. No fancy diets. No magic powders, pills, exercise equipment, or weeping reality contestants. That stuff is all expensive, showboating bull****.

It does stun me how popular those "power" drinks are. I flat out refuse to train anyone that walks in drinking one, or that won't give them up outside of our training sessions. You might as well lick an electrical socket if your looking for the same "power up" effect. I won't even let them drink Gatorade, I keep several large jugs of OJ in the refrigator and let them drink that for a clean return of sugar balances and hydration if they are feeling dopey.

That Monster stuff is poison. Plus it tastes camel a** even with the seven pounds of sugar they dump in there. Blech.

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:20 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

My my, that's quite the "energy" drink. But why are pills being put on display?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General