Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 3rd, 2022, 10:52 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker
The Book of Darklings

The Book of Darklings

C3G IMAGE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 36
SECRETS AND SHADOWS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Repainted W1 Goblins figure from the Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Minis set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ?????.

Character Bio - A Darkling is a creature which serves as an agent of the Darkness and servant of its vessel. Created as lesser beings in the likeness of their makers, Darklings possess their own collective consciousness; beholden to the will of their wielder but ultimately sworn to the Darkness. The Darkness Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Darklings have several synergies with The Darkness via their Darkling Summoning and Live For Darkness special powers.
  • Darklings can protect a figure with an Artifact Bearer special power using their Protecting The Artifacts special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by isherlock99; November 8th, 2022 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Release
Old June 3rd, 2022, 10:53 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Darklings - Design

NAME = DARKLINGS
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3 FIGURES)
CLASS = MINIONS
PERSONALITY = MISCHIEVOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = 100

DARKLING SUMMONING

For the entire game, before taking a turn with a Hero you control named The Darkness, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, you may place 1 previously destroyed Darkling adjacent to The Darkness or on any unoccupied Shadow Tile. After taking a turn with The Darkness, you may move the Darklings.

LIVE FOR DARKNESS
Any space a Darkling occupies is considered to be a shadow space in addition to its normal terrain type. If you do not control a figure named The Darkness, remove all Darklings from the game.

PROTECTING THE ARTIFACTS
If a figure you control with an Artifact Bearer special power that is adjacent to one or more Darklings you control is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, ignore this attack and instead destroy an adjacent Darkling.

FLYING

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Cinderquail; August 3rd, 2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2022, 10:57 PM

Art
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 11:02 PM

Darklings are designed to bolster The Darkness
Old June 4th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is it likely we'll have a figure named The Darkness that's not a Unique Demon Hero? If not, you could probably shorten that part.

Design looks good overall! What are these guys like? Small and Jovial wouldn't have been my guess as an outsider. (Also "Jovial" doesn't seem super on point when looking at the art ....)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 4th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do they protect all Artifact Bearers? Even Light?
How many Artifacts are there?
Old June 4th, 2022, 10:06 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cinderquail can answer the first 2 questions better.

I believe there are 13 Artifacts. The Darkness is one of the Artifact Bearers, as is Witchblade, The Angelus, and The Rapture. I'm sure there are others but I know Cinderquail had design plans for those ones.
Old June 4th, 2022, 10:19 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

On the callout…could we maybe call Jackie out by name? Are there other Darknesses? (I do think the chance of comic books having another character named “the Darkness” is far above 0%, so future-proofing a little makes sense.)

I think I’d prefer the space Darklings occupy to count as shadow spaces instead of the Darklings themselves counting as shadow spaces. Seems a heck of a lot cleaner.

Like I’ve said previously, a little concerned about the survivability train here feeling a little too strong, but maybe we can playtest that out.
Old June 4th, 2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is it likely we'll have a figure named The Darkness that's not a Unique Demon Hero? If not, you could probably shorten that part.

Design looks good overall! What are these guys like? Small and Jovial wouldn't have been my guess as an outsider. (Also "Jovial" doesn't seem super on point when looking at the art ....)
I can definitely shorten that part by removing the Unique hero part. The Darklings can come in many shapes and sizes at one point Jackie actually summons a Darkling dragon. But the goblin looking ones are the most common of the bunch. As for the personality they are kind of like the Gremlins so I would have no problem switching that out for something else.
Old June 4th, 2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Technically they shouldn't be able to work with the Angelus. But having them be able protect every Artifact Bearer is just easier I think.
Old June 4th, 2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
On the callout…could we maybe call Jackie out by name? Are there other Darknesses? (I do think the chance of comic books having another character named “the Darkness” is far above 0%, so future-proofing a little makes sense.)

I think I’d prefer the space Darklings occupy to count as shadow spaces instead of the Darklings themselves counting as shadow spaces. Seems a heck of a lot cleaner.

Like I’ve said previously, a little concerned about the survivability train here feeling a little too strong, but maybe we can playtest that out.
There are other Darkness hosts so leaving the door open for them makes sense to me. I have ideas for one of the other notable hosts. I agree making the space the Darklings occupy a shadow tile instead makes more sense.
Old June 4th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tricky? Mischievous?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library