Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Which HS units have YOU used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosj View Post
i spend huge amounts of time memerizing the army cards of my figures. You could say i'm a nerd.
You're not the only one-check out my "Synergy" lists linked in my sig.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Master Woo
Laglor
Hawthorne
Nerak
Roman Archers
Dividers
Protectors
Kumiko
Tul-bak-ra
The Hive

(Anything D&D)

The above is a list of units I've never used. Everything else I've used in either tournament play or casual. Aside from the D&D stuff, I own everything on the list so I may get around to using them at some point.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Teal=played
Red=Not played
Yellowish=I don't own

Spoiler Alert!

Several of the stuff is new and so I just haven't had a chance to use it yet and as for most of the other red stuff, someone in our gaming group has used it and I've even played against a lot of the yellow stuff too.

Last edited by Dysole; May 9th, 2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: I actually don't own the Ninjas...
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM

Sporkthesloth is surprisingly tart

I've played with Every unit at least once (Except the new DnD Wave). I am a big fan of making sure every one of my guys sees play time. Half the time I draft solely on who hasn't been played in awhile.

... This might be why I always end up with an army of Dund, Deathwalker 7k, Shiori, Obsidian guards, Vipers, and the sacred band.

Plus, if you win with the misfits that means you truly are an Hscape master.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

In casual play I've used everything from before MS3 and most of MS3 as well (I've played either with or against it all, certainly). I don't have D1 yet, so I haven't used any of those.

I keep track of my tournament use of units in my blog. Here's the latest breakdown by unit, sorted by number of losses for no good reason. 69 units used.

Code:
		Win	Loss	Win rate
Rats		21	8	0.724
Minions		10	6	0.625
Major Q9	12	5	0.706
James Murphy	9	5	0.643
Isamu		17	4	0.81
Airborne Elite	14	4	0.778
Marro Warriors	14	3	0.824
Krav Maga Agents10	3	0.769
Kelda		7	3	0.7
Marro Stingers	7	3	0.7
Tarn Vikings	4	3	0.571
Dumutef Guard	2	3	0.4
Izumi Samurai	2	3	0.4
Zombies		2	3	0.4
Raelin (SotM)	1	3	0.25
Sentinels	1	3	0.25
Raelin (RotV)	10	2	0.833
Major Q10	9	2	0.818
Marcu		6	2	0.75
10th Foot	3	2	0.6
Mimring		3	2	0.6
Obsidians	3	2	0.6
Omnicrons	3	2	0.6
Sgt Drake (RotV)3	2	0.6
Taelord		3	2	0.6
Zetacron	3	2	0.6
Zettian Guards	3	2	0.6
Silver Surfer	2	2	0.5
Marro Dividers	1	2	0.333
Knights of W	9	1	0.9
Blastatrons	8	1	0.889
Gladiatrons	8	1	0.889
Venom		8	1	0.889
Braxas		5	1	0.833
Charos		5	1	0.833
4th Mass	4	1	0.8
Deathstalkers	4	1	0.8
Deathwalker 9K	4	1	0.8
Kaemon Awa	4	1	0.8
Marcus DG	4	1	0.8
Me-Burq-Sa	4	1	0.8
Nakita Agents	4	1	0.8
Ne-Gok-Sa	4	1	0.8
Otonashi	4	1	0.8
Romans		4	1	0.8
Sgt Drake (SotM)4	1	0.8
Sir Dupuis	4	1	0.8
Sir Gilbert	4	1	0.8
Syvarris	4	1	0.8
Anubians	3	1	0.75
Eldgrim		3	1	0.75
Guilty McCreech	3	1	0.75
Johnny Shotgun	3	1	0.75
Khosumet	3	1	0.75
Templar Cavalry	3	1	0.75
Warden 816	3	1	0.75
Brunak		1	1	0.5
Deathwalker 8K	1	1	0.5
Dund		1	1	0.5
Ninjas otNW 	1	1	0.5
Runa		1	1	0.5
Thorgrim	1	1	0.5
Su-Bak-Na	0	1	0
Finn		5	0	1
Grimnak		3	0	1
Heavy Gruts	3	0	1
Morsbane	3	0	1
Nerak		3	0	1
Sir Denrick	5	0	1
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

I never have used:

Einar Imperium
Tagawa Archers
Tarn Vikings
Roman archers

Surely there's more but I'm not sitting in front of my collection right now...
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:31 AM

Sporkthesloth is surprisingly tart

Wow wonderball, you've never used the tarns!?

They are my go to for a solid fifty point filler.. They are one my most frequently used units. 4 figures with solid defense, average attack, and the possibility of spanning large distances with berserker charge. I would highly recommend giving them a go at least once.

Plus they are all color coordinated.. Does wonders for you armies feng shui!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:10 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

The only units that I have never used are:

Johny Shotgun Sulivan (If I think of using a Shotgun guy, I pretty much always pay the 10 points for James)
Quasatch Hunters (just haven't gotten around to it yet)
Sir Hawthorne (haven't gotten around to it yet; my friend has used him twice though)
Saylind
Deathwalker 7000 (friend has used him though)
Pelloth
Erevan Sunshadow
Kato Katsuro (just haven't gotten around to doing a new Samurai build yet, he's seen use by others though)
Chardris (only Elf Wizard I haven't used yet)

Only gotten in one game with D1, so all I've used out of that has been Wyvern, Fire Elemental, and Estivara.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:20 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Blue-Played
Red-Tourney
Green-Benchwarmers

Spoiler Alert!

You may have noticed that I have played many units. That just comes from having a few massive games where you have to use most units. And also, you can see that I have not used Zelrig Gasp! I have never had the need to burn squads that badly, so have never used him. Just lucky I have never been so screwed in squadscape.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; April 3rd, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've played them all, and own them all, including D3 by proxy. That's just a matter of having been in since the start, and picked up stuff as I went along. I also play with Marvels and many customs, including Supers.

From a non tournament player's perspective, I agree with SporktheSloth on getting everyone off the shelf now and again. Also I like themed armies, rather than those chosen to crush the opponent dead, dead, dead (usually in a tournament).

Variety in pieces as well as maps make Heroscape a great game for me. And being able to play the worst pieces to their best is an art (I agree with Sporkie again here, so he must be a genius). Just like having fun building maps, while also considering their playability, I look at the pieces as a novelist would look at possibilities in constructing a good story. Not only to win the game, but to make wacky things happen.

Last edited by chas; October 17th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Yellowish=I don't own

Spoiler Alert!

Several of the stuff is new and so I just haven't had a chance to use it yet and as for most of the other red stuff, someone in our gaming group has used it and I've even played against a lot of the yellow stuff too.

*Looks inside the spoilers*

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've played every unit in the game except:

Othkurik
Phantom Knights
Mogrimm
Torin
Fishsticks
Pelloth

It's also possible that I've never played Trons. I might have fielded them once - I can't remember.

I've never played Tandros, Ana, Darrak, or the Deepwyrm Drow outside of the MS3 Campaign, and a lot of the D1 figures that I have used were against myself.

The units I've played in tourneys are over in the Tourney Armies Played thread in the Competitive Forum, on the first page.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion