Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 26th, 2022, 01:31 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I love seeing all the new Unique Squads coming with Age of Annihilation. I wonder if they will have Life 1 and solid defense like Krav Maga and Izumi Samurai, or take a page from Arena of the Planeswalkers and allow squad figures have more than Life 1.
Given that everything has to be backwards-compatible, and classic Scape has a whole lot of powers that treat "receiving wounds" and "being destroyed" as the same exact thing for a Squad, I have to assume they've still only got 1 Life.
Old September 26th, 2022, 01:42 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
I love seeing all the new Unique Squads coming with Age of Annihilation. I wonder if they will have Life 1 and solid defense like Krav Maga and Izumi Samurai, or take a page from Arena of the Planeswalkers and allow squad figures have more than Life 1.
Given that everything has to be backwards-compatible, and classic Scape has a whole lot of powers that treat "receiving wounds" and "being destroyed" as the same exact thing for a Squad, I have to assume they've still only got 1 Life.
Do you mean the existing power (e.g. Chomp) would feel too strong or there would be a power that's incompatible with multi-life squad units?

I'm a little rusty since I haven't played in quite awhile.
Old September 26th, 2022, 02:03 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

This is an interesting point. This would make Cyprien less effective if we started seeing squads with multiple lives, as Cyprien only heals himself if he destroys the figure, not just wounds it
Old September 26th, 2022, 02:05 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean the existing power (e.g. Chomp) would feel too strong or there would be a power that's incompatible with multi-life squad units?

I'm a little rusty since I haven't played in quite awhile.
Look at the Omnicron Repulsors' Circuitry Overload, for example. It's designed around the assumption that destroying a Squad figure and inflicting a wound to a Hero are equal. Being able to destroy a multi-Life Squad in one go is beyond the intended scope of the power.
Old September 26th, 2022, 02:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
These are one of the coolest figure designs so far, in my opinion. They look like classic Heroscape which I love.
Agreed. Very much in line with classic Heroscape, which I do appreciate. Just like how I looked at the KMA and saw MIB, these guys remind me of the Golden Compass.

Excited to get them on my game board!
Old September 26th, 2022, 02:12 PM

Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker Swarm knows what's in an order marker

“THERE IS A BEAST IN EVERYONE AND IT STIRS WHEN YOU PUT A SWORD IN THEIR HAND.”

Well, someone's been watchin Game of Thrones
Old September 26th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Oh! Bear Knuckle Boxers!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 26th, 2022, 04:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So what do we low techies have to do to view the Haslab stuff at 2:15 on Saturday? Youtube? Discord? And if so, how? Please help the technologically disadvantaged!
Old September 26th, 2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
So what do we low techies have to do to view the Haslab stuff at 2:15 on Saturday? Youtube? Discord? And if so, how? Please help the technologically disadvantaged!
Youtube. This channel.
Old September 27th, 2022, 01:40 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart

Could someone remind me what the origin of the Penguins with Machine Guns meme was?

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old September 27th, 2022, 02:24 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger View Post
Could someone remind me what the origin of the Penguins with Machine Guns meme was?
Craig Van Ness made an off-hand joke in 2005 during an interview about the game, if I remember correctly. He basically said: "It's the Battle of All Time, there could even be penguins with machine guns!"
Old September 27th, 2022, 06:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Before Heroscape, I believe it goes back to Batman lore. The Penguin at some point in comics and/or movies used mechanical armed birds.

In one of his amazing cityscapes years ago, Griznakh deployed some in a Supers game at our local (Long) Island Scape convention! I now have some small plastic ones myself, so they were on the market at some point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion