Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old September 6th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 3 until 9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Sir H beat me pretty soundly. Unfortunate part is there wasn't any playtesting worth reporting haha.

He played Nilfheim and scales and I played Cathar and Motley max. I lost all cathar and Motley and he lost 3 scales. I conceded before any playtest units were activated because I am petty ;P haha
It was a weird matchup where Cathar vs Nilf turns into either Cathar win and roll the game or Nilf win and rolls the game...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 7th, 2022, 02:07 PM

Earthling knows what's in an order marker Earthling knows what's in an order marker

Game 3
Point Total 555
Map: Bad Moon Rising
Glyphs: Wannok, Valda

Player 1 - Army: Earthling - Knights of Weston x3, Sentinels of Grax, Alastair MacDirk, Concan, Betacron
Player 2 - Army: Captain Stupendous - Nidhogg, Crypt Guardian x5, Marcu Esenwein

Which units survived?

5 Knights of Weston, Concan 2/5, Sentinels of Grax, and Betacron

General Battle Report/Flow of the game:

Round 1: Captain Stupendous won the initiative and Marcu Betrayed him for an early two wounds on Nidhogg. Earthling moved Knights + Alastair up the middle while Captain advanced Nidhogg and two Guardians on the south 3 hill.

Round 2: Earthling won the initiative and went in on Nidhogg with two attacks from Alastair and an attack from a knight dealing 3 more wounds to Nidhogg and dealing a wound to a Crypt Guardian.
Captain Stupendous responded with some unsuccessful Crypt attacks but followed by a big OM 3 on Nidhogg killing 2 knights of Weston with his breath and 2 wounds to Alastair.

Round 3: Earthling won a big initiative since we were in the heat of battle. I was able to take two additional attacks with Alastair dealing the final 2 wounds on Nidhogg and taking 2 OM's in the process. From here it was pretty difficult for Captain stupendous to come back.

Round 4: Earthling won the initiative. We attack back and forth knights vs crypt guardians on the south level 3 hill. Between Stupendous's poor attack rolls and my 40% defense, I was able to deal 3 wounds on Guardians while not losing any knights.

Rounds 5-6: Captain Stupendous won initiative. We traded Knights and Guardians during these rounds. I lost 5 knights and was able to take out 2 guardians.

Round 7: Captain Stupendous won initiative - He advanced his remaining crypts and I put 1 OM on Concan to buff my remaining Knights in play and took wannok on OM 3 to increase pressure on his remaining forces.

Round 8: We traded the remaining forces on the road spaces in the southwest corner.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Betacron: did not come into play in this game.
Nidhogg: was surrounded by knights and Alastair so he did not manage to live long. The turn he was able to attack he did decent damage and felt like an impactful OM. He felt balanced despite having poor defense dice, losing initiative at inopportune times, and an early marcu betrayal.

Overall a very fun figure to face against.

Last edited by Earthling; September 7th, 2022 at 02:24 PM.
Old September 10th, 2022, 03:15 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Game 3
Point Total 555
Glyphs: Wannok, Valda

Player 1 - Army: Omegacron, 2x Omnicron Snipers, 3x Omnicron Repulsors
Player 2 - Army: Deathreavers x2, Saan Tiim, Ana Karithon, Laglor, Raelin (RotV), Heirloom

Which units survived? Full-life Laglor, full-life Heirloom, and full-life Saan Tiim vs 1 Omnicron Sniper

General Battle Report: This one was a blowout. Dysole took full advantage of my inexperience playing against rats to completely lock down my army and control the glyphs by the end of round two. From there she brought in a perfectly timed Heirloom activation that should have killed much more than it did, but some lucky defense dice kept me from losing half of my army in one fell swoop. Dysole continued to pick off repulsors and snipers while I tried to deal with Heirloom and the rats. Eventually I did get several wounds on him, but at this point Saan Tiim came out and initiated a trance that ended up bringing Heirloom back to full-health before I could finish him off. Omegacron stood strong for awhile in the end game taking out Raelin and Ana, but eventually fell to repeated attacks from Laglor on one of the 4-height pedestals.

Playtesting Units
Betacron: On the first order marker of round one I moved betacron out as far as he could go onto one of the 2-height road hexes. My hope was that he could control some of the early game rat advancement from there. He fell quickly however in one order marker to an attack from Laglor on height, so he didn’t end up doing anything to stop the rats. Not much to say here other than that betacron is really going to shine in match-ups against melee heavy armies. Against range, he’s vulnerable with 3-def and only 2 life. I think that’s fine. I just should have saved him for later in the game or placed him in a more protected spot. Overall, I still love this design and I think it’s balanced. A very fun addition to the cron army.

Saan Tiim: Dysole demonstrated exactly how good Saan Tiim can be. She really destroyed any (slim) hopes of a comeback for me by bringing Heriloom all the way back to full-health. I think Laglor might have even gotten a wound removed that round as well. If you time it right, she can provide a huge boost to armies that are heavy on heroes. In my opinion, this is exactly the type of figure that Heroscape needs. Anything that helps hero-based armies compete against squadscape is a good thing.
Old September 10th, 2022, 07:51 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 9/25

Round 4 is on Barrow Down (Unique, Dagmar).

The Cleon (3-0) v. KnightofLight (3-0) pool of armies is:
* We Found Him in the Forest: Knights of Weston x4, Patroller E-25, Thorgrim, Finn
* We Found Him in the Jungle: Mohicans x3, Quasatch x1, Raelin (RotV), Kolbjorn, Brave Arrow, Eldgrim
* Cron Brawn: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Peanut Butter and Javelin Sandwich : Greyspears, Swiftfangs, Arktos, Bahadur, Kolbjorn, Mezzodemons x1
KnightofLight chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Cleon chooses who places first.

The dok (2-1) v. Dysole (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Lizard with Kyrie Wings: Greenscale Warriors x3, Bambina, Maekor, Raelin (SotM)
* Cut to the Bone: Goblin Cutters x5, Nidhogg, Betacron, Marcu
* If At First You Don't Succeed, Tribe, Tribe Again: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x3, Kolbjorn, Brave Arrow
* Heal of Fortune: deathreavers x2, Saan Tiim, Ana Karithon, Laglor, Raelin (RotV), Heirloom
Dysole chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The Chris Perkins (2-1) v. Earthling (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Challenge!: Greenscale Warriors x5, Bambina, Tandros
* Goliath Robots: Patroller E-25, Deathstalkers x3, Eltahale
* Nidhogg is my Mummy: Nidhogg, Crypt Guardian x5, Marcu Esenwein
* Explore with Raj: Ranjit Singh, Janos, San Tiim, C'Rik, Wastwalker Gage, Eldgrim, Bol
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Earthling chooses who places first.

The Grey Waves (2-1) v. Brean of Philly (2-1) pool of armies is:
* : Goblin Cutters x6, Nidhogg, Marcu Esenwein (drop 2)
* : 10th Reg x4, Betacron, Marutuk
* Hounds on Patrol: Maarden Hounds x4, Raelin (RotV), Patroller E-25 (drop 2 spaces)
* 11 Lizards in a Trenchcoat: Greenscale Warriors x3, Janos, Maekor, Bambina, Isamu
Grey Waves chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Brean of Philly chooses who places first.

The ryguy266 (2-1) v. Blue Trails (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Beta Grindset: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Bulk Up: deathreavers x3, Nidhogg, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenvein
* Space Cowboys: Janos, C'Rik, San Tiim, Clayton Pierce, James Murphy, Kate Crawford, Louis ""Mad Dog"" Malone
* Danger Zone: Cathar Spearmen x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Betacron, Nakita Agents, Bol
Blue Trails chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, ryguy266 chooses who places first.

The BodaciousBlood v. Tiamat pool of armies is:
* Now That's a Spiky Cactus... Now from range!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Nakita Agents, Drow Chainfighter x1, Motley Max, Betacron
* Tribesmen and the Mummy Slayer: Mohicans x5, Van Nessing, Kolbjorn
* Rolling with the Cronies: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Graveyard Smash: Nidhogg, Skeletons of Annellintia x3
BodaciousBlood chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Tiamat chooses who places first.

The Captain Stupendous v. MegaSilver pool of armies is:
* Betacroncan: Knights of Weston x3, Sentinels of Grax, Alastair MacDirk, Concan, Betacron
* Mad Dogs With Rabies: Woves of Badru x2, Werewolf Lord, Van Nessing, Kolbjorn, Louis 'Mad Dog' Malone
* Hoggin the Skeleton Key: Nidhogg, Skeletons of Annellintia x3
* Kol/Cal of the Wolves: Quickblades, Swiftfangs, Greyspears, Darkclaws, Cal the Smuggler, Kolbjorn
MegaSilver chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Captain Stupendous chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape v. Vydar_XLIII pool of armies is:
* Kolby Jack Cheese!: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Zettian Deathwings x1, Kolbjorn, Arktos, Greyspears
* With soul or without soul?: Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilfheim, Raelin (RotV), Patroller, E-25, Betacron
* Do do do do do, Dora!: deathreavers x3, Janos, C'Rik, San Tiim, Bambina, Isamu, Otonashi
* I look once more, just around the River Tribe!: Mohicans x5, Kolbjorn, Himmelskralle, Marcu Esenwein
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Vydar_XLIII chooses who places first.

The S1R_ART0R1US v. kevindola pool of armies is:
* Feed Your Pet Lizard(folk): Janos, Bambina, Maekor, San Tiim, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Eco-warriors of the 21st century: Greenscale Warriors x3, Zogross, Protector E-25, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Sujoah, C'Rik, Kira Jax
* : Dreadgul Raiders x3, Janos, Maekor, Wastewalker Gage, Guilty McCreech, Bol
kevindola chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, S1R_ART0R1US chooses who places first.

The S1R_ART0R1US v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* Feed Your Pet Lizard(folk): Janos, Bambina, Maekor, San Tiim, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Eco-warriors of the 21st century: Greenscale Warriors x3, Zogross, Protector E-25, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
* I-Robot: deathreavers x2, Blastatrons x1, Gladiatrons x1, Major Q10, Patroller E-25, Zetacron
* The Mouth of Utgar: Marro Dividers x3, Nagrubs x1, NidHogg, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
Dompredator77 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, S1R_ART0R1US chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; September 12th, 2022 at 11:15 AM.
Old September 12th, 2022, 12:49 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Delayed post for @MegaSilver and my round 3 matchup.

Point Total
Glyphs: Wannok and Valda

S1R ART0R1US - Army: Hoggin the Skeleton Key: Nidhogg, Skeletons of Annellintia x3
Megasilver - Army: Kol/Cal of the Wolves: Quickblades, Swiftfangs, Greyspears, Darkclaws, Cal the Smuggler, Kolbjorn

Which units survived? Two Greyspears, Two swiftfangs, one each Quickblade and Darkclaw, and full Kolbjorn.

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Cal got a nice roll to start placement and he went right by Valda. MS got initiative and took Valda and one Skeleton out. I developed Skeletons both to Wannok (I didn't have a good soak for it) and to Valda. They took out two Swiftfangs while one more Skeleton died (but one came back). Wannok went onto Cal.

I got the initiative switch and took out two more Varks and put 3 wounds on Cal. Darkclaws moved in up top and three Skeletons fell (two saved for reanimation). I moved Nidhogg onto the rock 7-hex and breathed off two Varks from range - looking back I should've targetted Cal on Valda and the Vark adjacent to him. Darks did work again taking out three Skeletons (one saved by reanimation). I activated Skeletons bringing one back and took out Cal, but attacks up on Darkclaws were blocked. On the final OM Megasilver took Wannok and killed off three more Skeletons (no Reanimation) who were starting to run low, so I put the wound on Nidhogg.

MS kept initiative, and the DCs kept tearing things up (two more Skellies down). I managed to kill off one more DC (one left, who I tied up with the Skellies second movement). Varks (with fairly even numbers of dead per squad) took out one more Skelly, and Nidhogg started seeing attacks. My OM 2 with Nidhogg and on two d20 rolls he took out one Vark, then got a 1/6 on his normal which was blocked. MS took out my last skelly and added wounds to Nidhogg.

MS took the next init and Kolbjorn moved in on OM1 (he'd been creeping up all game) and killed off Nidhogg.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Nidhogg
Necrotic breath. Rolled 3/4 successfully. I never got to target more than two Varks. Can't help but compare to Braxas where the the same rolls would have been 4/4 and I could've targetted one more Vark overall. Glad that Nidhogg still gets to use his normal even though it wasn't successful here.

Skeletal form - used against the Grey Spears and I think helped him survive into another round. Getting an init switch there could've changed things big time with the limited pool of Varks available and potential lost OMs (although Kolby offsets that threat).

Other - Playing him with the Skeleton's was interesting. The skeletons don't want you to put OMs on Nidhogg and are better as an early overwhelming force that can be reanimated. But Nidhogg wants to be an early game figure too when there are more clumped targets for his special. He doesn't have the span of Nilfheim who can hit figures with 10 spaces between them. NE was a little weaker offensively than I expected, but I think it was against the matchup. His advantage over Braxas is the ability to bypass defense of large figures like the Hydra or Q9 and that's the Varks.

Kolbjorn - I've played against him a few times and like the design a lot. His final kill was very thematic - after slowly moving towards Nidhogg all game he hopped on height and finished the giant with one powerful attack. He also was used to shuffle an OM once.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Nidhogg is big, and BMR is an open map. Even then I parked him in one spot, but maybe finding a way for him to get into place better would be useful (an extra move or range change on his special?)

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; August 21st, 2023 at 11:41 PM.
Old September 13th, 2022, 07:34 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Earthling & I are playing @ 8 pm EST today (~ 30 min from now)
Old September 13th, 2022, 10:20 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Point Total 550
Map: Barrow Down
Glyphs: Ulanivia, Dagmar

Player 1 - Army: Chris Perkins - Ranjit, Janos, San Tiim, C'Rik, Wastewalker Gage, Bol
Player 2 - Army: Earthling - Nidhogg, Crypt Guardian x5, Marcu

Which units survived?
Ranjit (2 life), Wastewalker Gage (1 life)

This game had some incredible swings; a win-probability chart would be fun to see for this one with swings from < 10% to > 70% within 1 turn for both of us.

I opened with Eldgrim -> Ulanivia, then San, then Janos. Earthling went all on Crypts. He was able to kill Eldgrim on OM 3 (and I'm just now realizing I forgot to put Eldgrim's spirit on anyone...whoops) but the Crypt who got Eldgrim took 3 wounds from San and then Janos' SA finished it off.

Round 2, I went Janos, C'rik, San and Earthling went Crypt, Nidhogg, Nidhogg. Janos advanced the force (Gage took Ulanivia) but missed his SA (both rolls) into the forward Crypt. C'rik threw 2 attacks of 6 at the Crypt though, doing 3 wounds. The Crypt then did 2 wounds to C'rik (who had height) before C'rik killed the Crypt on his own OM. Nidhogg moved forward and hit C'rik for 1 wound on the d20. San used the movement power to move C'rik instead of himself, and C'rik retreated behind the ruin to avoid LoS from Nidhogg, and San put 1 wound on Nidhogg. Nidhogg then 1 shot-ed Janos (I forgot to roll for C'rik's ability to try to save him).

I won init Round 3 and had C'rik, San, Gage. Earthling had all OMs on Nidhogg. C'rik used stealth walk to move through Nidhogg, taking height, and threw 2 attacks of 6 down on Nidhogg, doing 6 wounds exactly and killing him. That burned all 3 of Earthling's OMs. I took a shots with San and Gage on the forward Crypt, but did no wounds.

The next few rounds were a bit of a slog-fest, with my heroes splitting OMs for extra attack and the Crypts trying to do damage where they could. I hit a bunch of key d20 rolls with C'rik to keep him alive for a while (and keep drawing fire), and when all the Crypts were finally dead I had just Gage with 1 life left.

I went Bol, Gage, Ranjit (to try for the Ranjit bonus if I won init) but Earthling won init. Marcu killed Bol, burning an OM, and then flew to my SZ to engage Ranjit. Over the rest of the round, Marcu did 4 wounds to Ranjit and I did 3 wounds to Marcu.

I went Ranjit, Gage, Gage and lost init again. Marcu took an LEA (did a wound) to try and kill Gage, but he blocked the 1/4 from Marcu. Ranjit moved up, missed the OM steal, but did 1 wound. Marcu finally betrayed Earthling, I moved him off height, and Gage then finished Marcu with a 3/4.

Fantastic game with tons of big dice swings in there.

Nidhogg - Hit both d20 rolls tried, both did 1 wound.
Janos - Took 2 OMs before he died, explorer was necessary and the SA also killed 1 Crypt.
San Timm - Moving a friendly explorer was essential, as it let me get C'rik away from Nidhogg in round 2. I don't kill Nidhogg without C'rik. Never got a chance to use the heal, because I kept using Ranjit's X for bonus attack instead.
C'Rik - Was an absolute beast this game. Ranjit + Ulanivia + height makes for throwing 2x 6 attack dice, which is a lot of fun. Also hit like 3 big Holo d20 rolls to vanish after being down to 1 life.

I think Nidhogg is too expensive. Yes, he can be destructive, but he's a non-bonding hero (albeit who can attack twice, conditionally). Idk, he just seems too expensive for what he is, and it's just so much easier to lose an OM (or 3) on a Dragon that's not bonding (so the OM's aren't on GWs/Spiders/AGs).

C'Rik was absolutely insane with 6 attack dice, but that's obviously not going to be the norm. Still, with Ranjit + Janos he can take 2 turns per round, which is a ton of dice.

San Timm probably isn't the best use inside the Ranjit army due to conflicting places to put the X. Not San's fault, just not the best build for him.
Old September 15th, 2022, 07:26 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Cleon and I just finished, I went with knights, he took the Vaarks.
This was a lesson in being aware of glyphs on the map, I did not account for Vaarks boosted by Ulaniva, especially when backed by Kolbjorn's OM flexibility.

Round 1:
Cleon went Mezzos, Greyspears, Mezzos, and I went full knights. I won initiative and bonded with Thorgrim towards Ulaniva and developed my knights. Cleon used turn 1 to position the mezzos really well as a wall on either side of the ruin outside his startzone. I continued to slow roll knights throughout the round. Cleon used turn 2 to pod his Greyspears with Arktos right next to the double castle pillars. On his turn 3, he used Kolbjorn to move his OM 3 on mezzos to the Swiftfangs. They bonded with Bahadur and joined the rest of his army on the hill.

Round 2:
I won initiative, and Cleon declined to move Kolbjorn this round. I threw Thorgrim into the heat of battle in an attempt to stall Cleon's development. He responded by using turn 1 on the Mezzos to grab Ulaniva and killed a knight. Turn 2, I had Thorgrim attack a Swiftfangs but the 2/3 skulls was blocked by 2/3 shields. I then moved in knights to try to whitle away at the Mezzos, I managed to get both attacks through and Cleon elected to preserve one exoskeleton letting the south mezzo die, while the other remained on Ulaniva. Cleon's turn 2 saw a very angry group of Greyspears position Bahadur on the 2 height next to Ulaniva and proceeded to kill Thorgrim with 4 attacks of 5 (Ulaniva+Arktos). I placed Thorgrim on Patroller and it quickly dawned on me just how hard it was going to be to get him off Ulaniva. I think I spent turn 3 developing and took another attack on the Ulaniva mezzo but the attack was blocked. Cleon swapped turn 3 on the mezzo over to the Greyspears and killed 2 knights I believe.

Round 3:
Between the exoskeletons, bonding, and Kolbjorn, I decided trying to take Ulaniva from Cleon was going to be next to impossible, so I tried to make a play with Finn and the knights. I won initiative again, and positioned Finn where he could buff a knight attack, I ran a knight in and developed three others trying to maintain board presence for the rest of the round. the knight successfully killed a Greyspear. Cleon had turn 1 on the Swiftfangs that bonded with the Greyspears which he used to retreat 2 of the Greyspears and had the Swiftfangs gang up on Finn. He killed a knight with his first attack, and then only managed 2 wounds on Finn which was big. I was a little torn on what to do next, I probably should have used Finn to attack a Greyspear and try to limit his attacks later in the game, but was focused on the present and took a heighted attack on a Swiftfang. In hindsight it would have been better to attack the Greyspear but I blanked the attack and it would not have mattered. My knights came in and killed 2 Swiftfangs. Cleon's turn 2 was on the Greyspears that bonded with Bahadur who attacked 7v4 into my knight on height and picked up a kill. He then used the Greyspears to finish off Finn and my most forward knight. Finn was placed on Patroller and on my turn 3, I developed knights and dealt 1 wound to Bahadur assuming he was the biggest threat to Patroller. Cleon's turn 3, he killed 2 more knights.

Round 4:
I finally lost initiative this round, so I played for an initiative switch. I had turn 3 on Patroller, and so I took my first two turns setting up a screen with knights while also grabbing dagmar. Between Arktos and Bahadur Cleon killed about 3-4 more knights. I did have one hero knight that managed to block like 4 attacks which was very helpful. My turn 3 rolls around and I am excited to send Patroller into the action. I run up to shoot Bahadur and unfortunatly my 6v5 is blocked (2/6 to 2/5).

Round 5:
I go all Patroller hoping to take out Bahadur before he can hit me with his 7 attack. I win initiative thanks to Dagmar and deal 2 wounds to Bahadur. Arktos attack Patroller dealing 1 wound and the Greytspears kill the hero knight who was keeping Bahadur away from Patroller. I position Patroller on OM2 next to a jungle bush and shoot up at Bahadur knowing I need to pick up this kill to have a chance, but despite Cleon blanking, 1 skull only put Bahadur to one life remaining. Miraculously, Bahadur's 3/7 was blocked by my 3/5 giving me my first power cell. Not wanting to tack on extra power cells, Cleon just repositions the Greyspears out of Patroller's range and take out another knight. I need to make a play, so I disengage from Bahadur hoping to kill him and the last Swiftfang with Patroller, so Cleon can only attack me from range and hopefully my defense holds in order to give me the power cells to take out the Greyspears. The LEA misses, but 2 5v5s just do not kill Bahadur and things get really scary. Cleon uses turn 3 to deal 2 more wounds to Patroller and repositioned the Greyspeats once more.

Round 6:
It is a 3/4 Patroller and 2 knights vs. 4/5 Bahadur, 0/5 Arktos, 0/5 Kolbjorn, 3 Greyspears, 1 Swiftfang, and 1 mezzo. Real bad, but with 7 defense, there is a chance Patroller pops off and gets some power cells to deal some substantial damage. I do win initiative but a 1/3 attack fails to kill Bahadur and his 2/7 skulls into 1/7 shields seals the game.

GG Cleon!! Well played!!

Patroller:
I'll start with him, his performance was pretty meh this game, but he is a fun unit that feels like he can really turn the tide with some good rolls. 5 range feels right especially with 6 move. If he had 6 range I think he would need to be pulled down to 5 move to keep him balanced. Not a lot to say, Finn and Thorgrim are especially great with him. Maintaining 3 attack with 1 life left keeps his power cells very scary. He seems like a very high variance unit, but I like the design.

Kolbjorn:
This was really interesting, he really did not do that much this game, but his OM flexibility makes the Vaarks really hard to play against, which I found very enjoyable. He keeps the Vaarks potent all the way until you wipe out a whole squad. He influenced my decisions a lot as I progressed towards the Vaarks. One interesting thing, I had an opportunity to double up on attacks on the last mezzo at one point in the game. Based on Rygarn, I assumed he could still yoink the order marker off the dead mezzo card (assuming I succeed both attacks) and went with trying to damage the Vaarks. Cleon mentioned it after the game and we compared the wording of Rygarn and Kolbjorn. Kolbjorn's card says "move from a card you control" while Rygarn uses the wording "In your army" so I am assuming its intended for Kolbjorn to not be able to move OMs off of destroyed cards? Just making sure I understand that correct.
Old September 20th, 2022, 09:31 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Blue Trails and I just finished. I called it after my turn 1 round 3 with 4 dead snipers and 3 dead repulsors and only 1 dead Cathar. Turns out that Omegacron needs LoS to the attacked figure and not the attacking figure, which meant I completely wasted round 1 letting Omegacron sit in the worst spot in the start zone. Probably would have been an interesting matchup otherwise.
My Betacron failed his only Sentry Mode roll.
Old September 20th, 2022, 09:56 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

550 points
Map
: BARROW DOWN by Sir Heroscape
Glyphs: Ulaniva (North) & Dagmar (South)

ryguy266's Army: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
Blue Trails' Army: Cathar Spearmen x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Betacron, Nakita Agents, Bol

Which units survived?
Omegacron
ryguy266's Betacron (1 wound)
9 Repulsors
2 Snipers

11 Cathars
Z'Thoth
Blue Trails' Betacron
3 Nakitas
Bol

This was a very quick game due to an unfortunate misreading of Omegacron's powers. My Cathars moved from both ends of my start zone and eventually gathered around the southern heights. I sent one Cathar into ryguy's start zone to pressure his undeveloped 'crons while the rest of the Spearmen held their ground, miraculously surviving all but one of ryguy's attacks and leading to a lopsided death toll. ryguy conceded on round 3.

Betacron:

Omnicron Patrol: never used.
Deadly Shot: never used.
Sentry Mode: used once by ryguy; failed.

Normal Attack: never used.

I forgot about ryguy's Betacron and obliviously moved a Cathar into his Sentry Mode radius, but it escaped unharmed. My Betacron was used to cover Dagmar from behind a ruin.

As ryguy noted, a misinterpretation of Omegacron's Directed Fire special power ended the match early. The match would have been more fun otherwise.
Old September 21st, 2022, 09:35 PM
Scapecon Mom

Brean of Philly is surprisingly tart

Game 4
Point Total 555
Map: Barrow Down
Glyphs: Unique, Dagmar

Player 1 - Army: Brean of Philly - Hounds on Patrol: Maarden Hounds x4, Raelin (RotV), Patroller E-25 (drop 2 spaces)
Player 2 - Army: Grey Waves - 10th Reg x4, Betacron, Marutuk

Which units survived?
Brean of Philly - none
Grey Waves (Winner) - four 10th Regiment, Betacron (0/2), Marutuk (2/9)

General Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Patroller E-25
This is the second game I have played Patroller where his energy pulse powers have not been utilized. He was attacked once by a 10th Regiment and then killed handily by Marutuk, never defending without taking at least one wound. The prioritized power systems assisted in his survival for an additional turn, but ultimately we did not get to see his more unique attack powers in action. It seems clear to me that he is better equipped for facing off against low-attack squad figures where there is a better chance for his kinetic energy to build, then unleash it upon multiple targets or the heavy-hitting heroes before they have a chance to strike and reduce his attack. Hopefully he will have a change to shine in other matchups.

Betacron
Grey Waves smartly did not play Betacron at all since the majority of my army is large. In other matchups I have appreciated the niche Betacron fills, but in this instance, it would have been a wasted Order Marker.
This was an interesting game but did not really provide any new information about the playtesting figures. Betacron kept the bench warm and Patroller fell without a single Energy Marker to his name. I hope to see both these boys on the field again someday, but today wasn’t it.
Old September 21st, 2022, 10:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I still need to do my overall reports for my games! LOL

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting