Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old September 17th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
ISO All Trading Card Formats

Hi All,
I am looking to compile PDFs of all the various trading card formats out there. Currently I only have @Raudulfr Shieldcrusher 's for classic and @mathguy 's for VC. But I've heard there are some other great ones out there! If you've created one or if you know of one, send it my way!
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:47 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: ISO All Trading Card Formats

I too would love to have a complete compilation of standard-size cards. Unfortunately I haven't found anything complete beyond those already mentioned. Those custom collections that are complete are wonderful and (with no intent of disrespect to their respective designers) I would also love at least a few more design options.

Doing a little bit of searching, I happened to find this thread. While not anywhere close to being complete, I love the level of polish in the design. In my perfect world, the creator would have made and provided files for the card templates, and a browser-based program like the X-2 Card Creator would exist using those templates to speed up the creation process.

I really do think, if we (you, me, and/or the community at large) want an updated compilation of standard-size cards, we need to recruit a graphic designer to create the templates at the very least. My graphic design skills are nowhere near being adequate enough to create professional-quality templates on my own. If the stat/ability entry is on the same level of simple as the X-2 Card Creator, I'm more than willing to put in the work to help compile everything.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 21st, 2022, 02:03 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I too would love to have a complete compilation of standard-size cards. Unfortunately I haven't found anything complete beyond those already mentioned. Those custom collections that are complete are wonderful and (with no intent of disrespect to their respective designers) I would also love at least a few more design options.

Doing a little bit of searching, I happened to find this thread. While not anywhere close to being complete, I love the level of polish in the design. In my perfect world, the creator would have made and provided files for the card templates, and a browser-based program like the X-2 Card Creator would exist using those templates to speed up the creation process.

I really do think, if we (you, me, and/or the community at large) want an updated compilation of standard-size cards, we need to recruit a graphic designer to create the templates at the very least. My graphic design skills are nowhere near being adequate enough to create professional-quality templates on my own. If the stat/ability entry is on the same level of simple as the X-2 Card Creator, I'm more than willing to put in the work to help compile everything.
I have the skills of making my own templates and am quite good at photoshop. Its been one of my playgrounds for the past 20 years. However. What you're asking of the designers of the card templates is above and beyond a graphic designer. Putting the templates into a working code based system that works through a web browser is more into computer coding territory. I have been debating doing a smaller sized card design for scape for some time now. Its not that the ones out there arent good. They just arent too my taste visually. There's a fine line between visually unappealing because there is no style to them, or too much going on, compared to the perfect amount of pictures, text, and interface to make the card do what you want it to. I've made custom card templates a plenty before, but don't have the coding skills to do what you are after. If you can find someone to do the coding part for this and I can pick their brain for other projects of mine, I could possibly be the guy that makes the templates for said custom project. Even if there were templates made for the text and such, importing the pictures and hitzones is still another thing entirely for the people making the cards. If I'm being honest, wouldn't it be better to wait on this kind of thing for the new generals of scape 2.0 to come out so you could at least see what format they are using. If they use a different format, you could copy the new format.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:39 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post

I have the skills of making my own templates and am quite good at photoshop. Its been one of my playgrounds for the past 20 years. However. What you're asking of the designers of the card templates is above and beyond a graphic designer. Putting the templates into a working code based system that works through a web browser is more into computer coding territory. I have been debating doing a smaller sized card design for scape for some time now. Its not that the ones out there arent good. They just arent too my taste visually. There's a fine line between visually unappealing because there is no style to them, or too much going on, compared to the perfect amount of pictures, text, and interface to make the card do what you want it to. I've made custom card templates a plenty before, but don't have the coding skills to do what you are after. If you can find someone to do the coding part for this and I can pick their brain for other projects of mine, I could possibly be the guy that makes the templates for said custom project. Even if there were templates made for the text and such, importing the pictures and hitzones is still another thing entirely for the people making the cards. If I'm being honest, wouldn't it be better to wait on this kind of thing for the new generals of scape 2.0 to come out so you could at least see what format they are using. If they use a different format, you could copy the new format.
The need for a coder/programmer was something I neglected to mention in my response, and would of course be a necessity for the scope of what I'm suggesting. In my mind, the first step is to create the card templates and from there find someone to handle the setup of a user-friendly plug-and-play card creation program. Even with X-2, users still need to add their own images of figures and hit zones outside of the program proper. Could a feature be added in which the user can drag/drop/insert/upload edited images into their respective fields on the card? Certainly, as long as the recruited programmer is willing to create that feature.

I do agree that this could wait until we have more information about AoA cards and their format. Realistically, this wouldn't be completed before 10/1 anyway (due to peoples' personal and work schedules). That said, a program like this would (IMO) be a welcome asset to the community.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 22nd, 2022, 03:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Grithog's were my favorite.

EDIT: ... however, that's not the *best* there is.

First of all, @Xorlof once compiled a list of the art so far here.

Second of all, that was all in contribution to Xorlof's own take on playing-card sized cards. You can see him iterate on the design in these two posts. I think it is by far the best design I have seen in terms of ergonomics, beauty, etc.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2022, 02:21 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am not looking for anything in a web browser, just for the templates in Word or a PDF so that I can do the edits/ photoshop myself. @TREX what designs have you done? I'd be interested in seeing them if you're open to sharing
Old September 27th, 2022, 05:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I am not looking for anything in a web browser, just for the templates in Word or a PDF so that I can do the edits/ photoshop myself. @TREX what designs have you done? I'd be interested in seeing them if you're open to sharing
I believe the ones I did for scape weren't playing card format ones. They were the same shape as originals but were themed for a bunch of different genres. I did pirate themed ones, assassin creed ones, starcraft ones, generic Sci fi ones, ratchet and clank ones, and a handful of other ones. At one point I had loaded them up on here but not sure if they are still on here. I believe they were on my old desktop computer and possibly on a defunct photobucket account or on a media fire server or something. I'll pass on spending the time tracking them down, because the original heroscape card shape isn't something I'm interested in making for anything. Your welcome to hunt for them in the forums, but I don't think these ones will help you out with a playing card sized template. I may make new ones when I put my Heroscape Unleashed pdf back on here, but it's down the line when it comes to hobby projects.
Old December 3rd, 2022, 04:23 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Way back in 2011, I helped Raudulfr Shieldcrusher convert his trading card format for use with custom-printed playing cards (Artscow style). Since then, I've used Photoshop templates to create matching cards for the released C3V/SOV cards and a few customs.

My own cards vary slightly from the mathguy/Raudulfr Shieldcrusher version, as decribed more fully in my recent post to the Rectangular C3V-SoV Cards thread.

If you think they'd be useful despite these differences, I'm happy to share.

~ Grison

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old December 4th, 2022, 11:32 PM

MacBryce knows what's in an order marker MacBryce knows what's in an order marker

Here are mine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroscape/c...tm_name=iossmf

Now that I’ve got the database set up, I’m also creating a set of draft cards.
Old December 5th, 2022, 12:44 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBryce View Post
Here are mine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroscape/c...tm_name=iossmf

Now that I’ve got the database set up, I’m also creating a set of draft cards.
Oh, that's a cool format. Nice work! I like the flexibility available in the bottom bar to accommodate multiple figures' hit zones when needed. It's a really clean look overall, and I'm curious to see how it will handle some of the text-heavy figures like Nakitas or Cyprien. I can't quite tell if there's more usable special power space than the mathguy/SC format, or if it's about the same. Edit -- I just noticed the Flying icon that swaps in where relevant. That's a subtle but really nice trick, especially when you can also save space by omitting the full Flying power text. Very cool!

Would you be willing to share your base template? I'd like to try it out and see if it might work for me. If so, I'd be happy to help out on the assembly line converting cards. I'm also experienced in Photoshop and could potentially make an Artcow-compatible version of the format if that's of interest.

Also, you mentioned a database... I think I have accurate card data for everything in Classic and VC, but I'd be curious to run an automated comparison against your data to detect any differences. That way we could each find any typos that might exist in our respective data sets. Please PM me if willing to share.

Thanks!

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old February 18th, 2023, 03:11 PM

MacBryce knows what's in an order marker MacBryce knows what's in an order marker

Here's my contribution:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...29#post2559829
Old February 18th, 2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBryce View Post
Nice! How many of these have you done?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions