Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 21st, 2022, 06:10 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Rules Clarification Request

I know there's probably a thread or even whole forum out there for this. I just can't seem to find it. If one exists please send a link for future use.

Just had a blast at @gbizzy 's event in Salisbury, MD! I know it was fun because ye ol' motor mouth turned on and moved faster than my brain. Probably made a damn fool of myself at it too.

There is something that came up, a rules question, that hopefully y'all can clarify.

The omnicron snipers and their lord and savior, whatsisface have an ability called "Deadly shot" which apparently gives two skulls for every one skull rolled. This seems a bit OP to me.

The official wording goes like this:

"When attacking with Omnicron Snipers, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit."

Now it doesn't say "One additional skull" but it does seem to be implied. That said, an argument can be made that it really means "Each skull that hits counts for two hits" since, in my understanding, a skull isn't counted as a hit until there is no shield rolled to block it. 4 skulls vs 3 shields = 1 hit x2 in the case of the snipers and their dread daddy soulborg.

For the purposes of the group we ruled that it counts as 2 skulls but this seems REALLY overpowered given that the snipers, paired with repulsors, and high ground, can basically waste any hero including Krug (sorry buddy) from far away.

I'd really like to hear how the wider community plays this ability.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old August 21st, 2022, 06:22 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rules Clarification Request

It’s just based on their attack roll. If you roll 3 skulls with a Sniper on height and buffed by a Repulsor, it counts as 6 skulls before applying shields.
Old August 21st, 2022, 07:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It doubles skulls which, yes, means height advantage is extra beneficial to them.

But in general Heroes like Krug get taken out by multiples of squaddies, especially ranged ones that can spread out. That’s more or less how the competitive balance of the game works.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2022, 12:07 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It doubles skulls which, yes, means height advantage is extra beneficial to them.

But in general Heroes like Krug get taken out by multiples of squaddies, especially ranged ones that can spread out. That’s more or less how the competitive balance of the game works.
I knew I should've fielded two more squads of arquebus instead of krug. But sending in that massive tank did make the guy worried a bit. But he took him down if it did take a whole round to do it.

Old August 22nd, 2022, 01:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heroes are more fun. Your heart is in the right place.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 22nd, 2022, 03:19 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

From the BOOK of the Omnicron Snipers:
Quote:
- DEADLY SHOT : Wounds Per Skull
How does Deadly Shot work? Are the skulls doubled before, or after shields are counted?
Deadly Shot doubles the skulls before the shields are counted. For example, a Sniper who is on height rolls 2 dice, both skulls. The Figure below him rolls 3 dice, but only one shield. Your skulls are doubled to 4 hits. When you subtract the 1 shield, the defender takes 3 total hits. (Hasbro FAQ)

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 23rd, 2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
How does Deadly Shot work? Are the skulls doubled before, or after shields are counted?
Deadly Shot doubles the skulls before the shields are counted. For example, a Sniper who is on height rolls 2 dice, both skulls. The Figure below him rolls 3 dice, but only one shield. Your skulls are doubled to 4 hits. When you subtract the 1 shield, the defender takes 3 total hits. (Hasbro FAQ)
Broken, so very very broken. But I almost beat him so I guess it would've worked out with a different army composition.

Old August 23rd, 2022, 09:00 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Their are very few that consider the snipers op. Sure in a castle with taelord they would be terrifying, but there are a few cyclopses you could boost with raelin that could wreak them without rolling attack dice.

Good luck as you explore more units and come across the likes of stingers and rats.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 23rd, 2022, 09:02 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Broken, so very very broken. But I almost beat him so I guess it would've worked out with a different army composition.
Snipers are pretty middle of the road. Not all that competitive. Most ranking lists don't place them very high. This probably the best and most up to date ranking list, here.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 01:08 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The Minions of Utgar have the same ability (melee squad of three, Deadly Strike, two attack dice) and the Sentinels of Jandar have the ability for defense (melee squad of three, Shields of Valor, four defense dice). Both of these squads have flying and greater attack/defense than the Omnicron Snipers. Even with a smaller movement of 4, they're both 10 points more than a squad of Snipers. Since the Snipers have range, the base attack of 1 helps to balance out their Deadly Shot ability. That's why getting height advantage and any other attack buffs early on is so critical for them to be effective. Otherwise, unless you're lucky and your opponent is unlucky, you'll either be rolling a lot of low-balled hits that are easily blocked or complete misses.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 23rd, 2022, 02:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'd like to add that in a GenCon tournament, my snipers on high ground made short work of four fen hydras.

Old August 24th, 2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Their are very few that consider the snipers op. Sure in a castle with taelord they would be terrifying, but there are a few cyclopses you could boost with raelin that could wreak them without rolling attack dice.

Good luck as you explore more units and come across the likes of stingers and rats.
Oh god, rats. Don't remind me. I beat them with my ashigaru, but there were fewer rats, and I had to encircle them to keep them from getting away.

Question about rats. They have a climb x2 ability that doubles their height. What does height have to do with climbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'd like to add that in a GenCon tournament, my snipers on high ground made short work of four fen hydras.
That is impressive. I should've run two more squads of ashigaru instead of krug. The snipers are effective against units they can shoot full of damage, but the ashigaru aren't designed to soak up damage. They just kinda die, but there are so many of them, and have so many attacks it gives a lot of battlefield control. Theoretically I could destroy as many as 8 snipers in a single given turn with the daimyo/garu combo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion