Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 12th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played some Global War 36. Can be overwhelming to start, but the rules are fairly simple with a fairly sizable amount of complexity when accounting for the breadth of it. Where Twilight Imperium is hours in length, this one usually will take you a weekend of play. I like to make an event of it and just have a good time.

It is one of my favorite games to play when time will allow.
Old August 12th, 2022, 05:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That game looks pretty intense @Hellfire . With as much as it appears to have going on, it reminds me kind of some of the Total war video games. Very cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 12th, 2022, 11:16 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
That game looks pretty intense @Hellfire . With as much as it appears to have going on, it reminds me kind of some of the Total war video games. Very cool.
I have only really played the Total War: Warhammer games, but I think it is an apt comparison. Maybe a mash up of Total War and Hearts of Iron — simplified a bit.
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:29 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
I have only really played the Total War: Warhammer games, but I think it is an apt comparison. Maybe a mash up of Total War and Hearts of Iron — simplified a bit.
I've never played the Warhammer ones but played shogun, medieval, medieval 2, and empire total war games. Looks alot like the layout. Those games were absolutely epic. Most games I play now are pretty much games with 28mm miniatures with the exception of star wars legion, which is just slightly bigger.

Old August 13th, 2022, 09:01 AM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've never played the Warhammer ones but played shogun, medieval, medieval 2, and empire total war games. Looks alot like the layout. Those games were absolutely epic. Most games I play now are pretty much games with 28mm miniatures with the exception of star wars legion, which is just slightly bigger.
The game does produce epic moments. The Battle of Moscow ended up being a multi year struggle in the game pictured.

I have a lot of SW:Legion and I thought it was pretty fun, but most of the local crowd started to fade out on the game — a two-punch combination of Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker dampened a lot of local enthusiasm for the brand/property. I have continued to collect and have a painting backlog.
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:01 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The game does produce epic moments. The Battle of Moscow ended up being a multi year struggle in the game pictured.

I have a lot of SW:Legion and I thought it was pretty fun, but most of the local crowd started to fade out on the game — a two-punch combination of Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker dampened a lot of local enthusiasm for the brand/property. I have continued to collect and have a painting backlog.
I have armies big enough to run mirrored 1600 point games of each faction. I'm currently working on painting my shadow syndicate. I'm done painting 4 of 7 squads of pikes, have 4 squads of black sun waiting for paint and 5 maul Mando squads ready for paint. I've got 5 squads of swoop bikes ready for paint, need to paint my new maul, and have already finished painting two new AA5 speeder trucks for the mercs as well. Between plenty of official releases and 3d printing, I've got a ton of legion. I'm hoping to get it to the table again here soon.

Old August 13th, 2022, 09:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Heroscape was very popular today at my monthly Saturday meetup in Poughkeepsie. We also played Rock Paper Wizard, Mysterium and Marvel Love Letter.

Old August 13th, 2022, 10:25 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

How many new players got into Scape?
Old August 13th, 2022, 11:37 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
How many new players got into Scape?
Two brand new players and someone who had played it only a few times years ago. Rebekah said it's her new favorite game! She really loved fielding Nilfheim!

Old August 14th, 2022, 12:50 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just got back from KenCon (4.0?) and played a few games:

Dice Throne and Marvel Dice Throne
Mansions of Madness
The Crew Search for Planet Nine
Hexplore It, Dune edition
Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Just got back from KenCon (4.0?) and played a few games:

Dice Throne and Marvel Dice Throne
Mansions of Madness
The Crew Search for Planet Nine
Hexplore It, Dune edition
Heroscape
And DRAGON DICE!! Also what’s it like losing a full life Sonlen to a CHAINFIGHTER?

Good times!
All the games played at Ken Con 4.0
The Crew
Rumble Slam
Oathsworn
Massive Darkness 2
Mansions of Madness
Dice Throne
Dragon Dice
Heroscape
Godtear
Tiny Epic Mechs
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Fallout Minis game
Marvel Champions
Too Many Bones
Lotr: LCG
Journeys in Middle Earth
Descent 3rd Edition
King of Tokyo
Hexplore It
Pathfinder RPG
Return of Darktower

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:26 PM

Four-player game of Scape with newbies. Also Who Goes There? and Paper Dungeons.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games