Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old July 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
MTG Heroscape Edition- Wave 1 added

Not sure if this belongs here so admins feel free to move it if doesn't...

A couple days ago, I got a Magic: The Gathering app for on my I-Pad and loved the play style, but didn't have the money to spend on the cards. Then, I had a brilliant idea: Why not make custom cards for Heroscape? And so, this project began-

Cards-

RotV
Spoiler Alert!

Wave 1
Spoiler Alert!

Any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated, as I know some of the cards need some fine tuning. In time, I will be adding the waves and other mastersets in the order they where released.

Questions? Comments?

-------------------------

Updates
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Black_Charos; July 2nd, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:12 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MTG Heroscape Edition

I don't play MtG, so I'm not qualified to critique them on balance, but I notice that Ne-Gok-Sa has a couple of errors. Mindshackle is missing the C, and in his ability text, you have used an underscore (_) instead of a hyphen (-).
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

I also don't play Magic, but it looks cool from what I see!

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

As a general rule, you don't need to make a keyword for everything. It works just fine as an individual ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
As a general rule, you don't need to make a keyword for everything. It works just fine as an individual ability.
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
I cannot thank you enough. I'll update them and possibly add more tomorrow .
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

I'd suggest just giving Syvarris Double Strike because that's the closest equivalent to attacking twice in Magic.

I'd suggest nearly everyone that fights for Jandar would be white and nearly everyone that fights for Utgar would be black, with the exception of the orcs and Mimring, since the orcs and Dragons in Magic are red.

I think Agent Carr and Krav Maga Agent should be blue. Blue is all about deception and misdirection and I think secret agents would fit perfectly in that color.

And with Marro Warrior's Water Clone you should make it so that you have to pay an island to use it. That way it's similar to the ability which needs water to be effective.

And that's all the suggestions that I have. The cards look good by the way.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
I have a couple of suggestions for you.

I'd suggest just giving Syvarris Double Strike because that's the closest equivalent to attacking twice in Magic.

I'd suggest nearly everyone that fights for Jandar would be white and nearly everyone that fights for Utgar would be black, with the exception of the orcs and Mimring, since the orcs and Dragons in Magic are red.

I think Agent Carr and Krav Maga Agent should be blue. Blue is all about deception and misdirection and I think secret agents would fit perfectly in that color.

And with Marro Warrior's Water Clone you should make it so that you have to pay an island to use it. That way it's similar to the ability which needs water to be effective.

And that's all the suggestions that I have. The cards look good by the way.
Thanks! Could someone give me a general idea of the how the coloring works? For instance, you said blue was about deception, what are the others?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer myself. Anyway, how do you all feel about the general balance of the costing?

Last edited by Black_Charos; July 1st, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Titleless

I've updated the OP with my revisions to RotV and I've added wave one. Again, not sure about the balance/costing/wording on some of these, and they're just rough drafts as of now. I've noticed a few stupid text errors on arrow gruts, omnicron snipers, and venoc vipers, that I'll fix at a later time. If you find any cards to be unbalanced or there are other errors I've missed, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Wave 1
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Black_Charos; July 2nd, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Two things that apply just about everywhere. First, the ability should not be written in italics. Second, a 0 toughness creature will die the moment it hits the board unless you have some kind of effect that boosts its toughness.
Quote:
Wave 1
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker
Re: MTG Heroscape Edition- Wave 1 added

Heroscape and Magic?

BLASPHEMY!
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gold cards (like the ones you used for Marcus and Roman Archer) are only used for multi colored cards. Both of those cards only have plains required in their cost and as such should be white.
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Gold cards (like the ones you used for Marcus and Roman Archer) are only used for multi colored cards. Both of those cards only have plains required in their cost and as such should be white.
Ok. I was using that color specifically because it looked somewhat like the colors for Einar.

@Kaiser Cat: Your right, I thought a creature had to be In combat to die .

Last edited by Black_Charos; July 4th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions