Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old February 12th, 2018, 12:24 AM

cornflake has disabled reputation
Initial feelers on selling my collection

As I do with many of my activities, I jumped in bigger than I should have bigger with Heroscape than I should have but never wound up playing much. Loved the little I played it, though.

I have a collection I'd like to sell. Don't feel like cataloging the whole thing, but here's a rough inventory just glancing at it in my closet:

7 master sets - 4 Rise of the Valkyrie, 3 Swarm of the Marro (6 of the 7 unopened, I think)
Fortress of the Archkyrie set
Marvel the Conflict begins set (I think this one's open)
Road to the Forgotten Forest expansion set
Utgar's Flag Bearer (unopened)
Utgar's Rage - Knights & The Swog Rider (unopened)
Utgar's Rage - Herores of Barrenspur (unopened)

I think I have a box of several other unopened hero packs, too. Also, a 3 drawer plastic drawer full of various stuff.

I know a lot of this is inexact - I can take a full inventory at some point. Any interest in this? I'm not looking to squeeze every last penny of it. Mostly want to get a fair price and get this stuff to someone that would actually get the good out of it. Came to this site a bit and remember it being a great place, so wanted to start here first.

I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. - Psalm 34:4
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:32 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Initial feelers on selling my collection

Are you wanting to sell it off as a lot or would you be fine with selling pieces of it at a time? Cause I'd love to take some off your hands but there's no way I could afford everything
Old February 12th, 2018, 02:26 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yeah, same here. For instance, I'd be interested in your RttFF and at least one of each Master Set. I'd also be interested in the Knights and Swog Rider. I think you might want to list out the Hero Packs too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:49 AM

I took inventory. Below is the full list. Selfishly, I'd like to sell the whole thing together, as I don't sell or ship stuff often so I'll consider this whole process a hassle. However, if I do that it will either cause someone to stretch to buy more than they want or I'll enable a flipper to just split it up for a profit. Breaking it up probably makes the most sense.

Yeah, I want to make good money on this if I can, but I don't want gouge, either, especially not on this site. Apologies for stumbling into this topic and not really having a game plan. Anyway, here is the inventory.

Master sets:
4 Rise of the Valkyrie master sets - 3 of them unopened
3 Swarm of the Marro master sets - all 3 unopened

Opened:
Marvel the Conflict begins set
Fortress of the Archkyrie set

Unopened:
Road to the Forgotten Forest expansion set

Jandar's Oath - Kilts and Commandos (2)
Jandar's Oath - Heroes of Nostralund
Jandar's Oath - Monks and Guards
Jandar's Oath - Gorillas and Hounds
Fields of Valor - Heroes of Elswin
Fields of Valor - Spearmen and Riflemen
Fields of Valor - Fiends and Vampires
Fields of Valor - Templar Knights
Utgar's Rage Flag Bearer
Utgar's Rage - Minute Men and Wolves
Utgar's Rage - Knights & The Swog Rider
Utgar's Rage - Herores of Barrenspur
Dawn of Darkness - Shades and Orcs
Dawn of Darkness - Heroes of Durgeth
Dawn of Darkness - Archers and Kyrie
Dawn of Darkness - Zombie Horde
Thora's Vengeance - Gladiators and Agents
Thora's Vengeance - Warriors and Soulborgs
Thora's Vengeance - Soulborgs
Zanafor's Discovery - Lawmen and Samurai

I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. - Psalm 34:4
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd personally recommend keeping at least one Master Set for yourself, as you never know when you might want to play a game again, and you can get a lot of enjoyment out of just one Rise of the Valkyrie. That's totally up to you, though, of course.

You have some good items there, but I think it'd be difficult to sell the whole thing as a lot unless you auctioned it all off on eBay. If you're willing to piece things out, though, there are multiple items that I would see selling very quickly here.

Heck, if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, I would gladly drive over and take some of those expansions off of your hands.
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:31 PM

I've resigned myself to breaking this up. Thanks for the advice on keeping some of it. I'll probably just keep the stuff I've already opened - perfect. Would have been a pain sorting it all out anyway from the bins I have it in to sell off.

I'll absolutely break this up now and sell off. Apologies in advance if I break order and sell to people that ask second. This is a lot for me to keep track of. I'll try to check ebay for a sanity check on prices, but for the most part, you tell me what's a fair price for this stuff, shipping too, since I never do this sort of thing. Maybe I can keep a running list of who wants what. I guess for starters take the opened stuff off the table - thanks again for the advice to keep a bit for possible future play.

In person selling would probably be preferred, too, so thanks for that offer. I'm not in a hurry. Want to move it, yeah, but no rush at all.

Old February 12th, 2018, 01:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks for posting here first. I’d say fair market value is $500 for master sets and another $500 for all the figure packs, and $100 for fortress and road sets. You could get 30-50% more than that if you pieced it out on eBay. Good luck.
Old February 12th, 2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks for posting here first. I’d say fair market value is $500 for master sets and another $500 for all the figure packs, and $100 for fortress and road sets. You could get 30-50% more than that if you pieced it out on eBay. Good luck.
Thanks, that was my ballpark from 10 minutes of glancing at ebay. I wish I could convert it into an $800 bill and just put it in a warehouse for members here to take what they want. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be a grown up and sort through this.

The store is open. We can sort out piece by piece prices as we go. I'd like to sell each of the 3 master sets of the same kind for the same prices to be fair. If someone here wants to set that price for each type fairly, I'd appreciate it. Having the 6 add up to about $500 one way or the other sounds good to me. Y'all know more than I do about fair market for this stuff. Actually would $80 each for the Rise of the Valkyrie sets and $100 each for the Swarm of the Marro sets be fair? Let me know. I'll try to keep a running tally here if that's reasonable for what's spoken for and how I'll get it sold.

Last edited by cornflake; February 12th, 2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: changing prices for master sets
Old February 12th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't buy a Rise of the Valkyrie set from here for $80, even new. I've picked up used ones from other users on this site for as low as $40 in the past, albeit those were used. That's certainly a good price compared to other places like eBay, though. I'm not sure what a good price for Swarm of the Marro would be, as I haven't purchased one since they went out of production.
Old February 12th, 2018, 03:29 PM

I'd rather sell reasonably cheaper here than for more on ebay; just feels like the right thing to do. That said, if the selling price difference is more than double in ebay's favor, that might be too much for me to ignore. From what I've seen, I'd hesitate to sell the full sets for $40. Roughly the $500 total for the six sounded good to me, but nothing is set in stone.

Like I said, though, I'm totally open to pricing suggestions. Not trying to be a jerk. I presume a premium of some sort for them being unopened is called for. Then again, maybe not. These are things that get played with - not simply collected, and that's all for the good.

Old February 12th, 2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't buy a Rise of the Valkyrie set from here for $80, even new. I've picked up used ones from other users on this site for as low as $40 in the past, albeit those were used. That's certainly a good price compared to other places like eBay, though. I'm not sure what a good price for Swarm of the Marro would be, as I haven't purchased one since they went out of production.
Being close, though, let me know what you want, especially if you want to trade off in person to save the shipping cost/hassle. I'm not in a big rush, so if we'd need to wait a few weeks that would be fine.

Old February 12th, 2018, 07:25 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

PM sent

crab?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales