Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Winter Soldier

The Book of Winter Soldier

C3G MARVEL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
WORLD WAR WINTER

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #050 / Winter Soldier.

General Vasily Karpov and a Russian patrol submarine find Bucky's cold-preserved body, minus one arm. Bucky is revived in Moscow, but suffers brain damage with amnesia as a result of the explosion. Scientists attach a bionic arm, upgrading it every time technology improves.

Programmed to be a Soviet assassin for Department X, under the code name the Winter Soldier, he is sent on covert wetworks missions, i.e. missions involving assassination, becoming increasingly ruthless and efficient as he kills in the name of the state. While a Soviet agent, he also has a brief relationship with The Black Widow. The Winter Soldier is kept in a cryogenic stasis when not on missions, and as a result has aged only a few years to a young adult since the closing days of World War II.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: A3n (230 points)
  • Second playtest: Hahma (220 - 230 points)
  • Third playtest: Tcglkn (240 points)
  • Photos: Spidey'tilIDie
  • Art by A3n

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:50 AM. Reason: png
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Winter Soldier - Brainstorming Phase

NAME = WINTER SOLDIER
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES BARNES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = COLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

ASSASSIN ACTIVATION
Whenever Winter Soldier is placed on the battlefield at the start of the game or with his Cryogenic Stasis special power, you may choose one Unique Hero to be Winter Soldier's Mark. When your opponent reveals an Order Marker on the card of the Mark, you may immediately move Winter Soldier up to 2 spaces.

MARKED FOR DEATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 10. Attack 4 + Special.
Winter Soldier may only attack his Mark with this special attack. If Winter Soldier did not move this turn, or is adjacent to his Mark, add 2 dice to this special attack.

CRYOGENIC STASIS
If his Mark has been destroyed and Winter Soldier is not the only figure you control, place Winter Soldier on this card and remove up to 2 Wound Markers from this card. When Winter Soldier uses Cryogenic Stasis, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Before placing Order Markers each round, if Winter Soldier has been placed on this card, but has not been destroyed, you may place him in your Start Zone.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 4th, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some good stuff so far. Here's my feedback.

Quote:
NAME = WINTER SOLDIER

SECRET IDENTITY = BUCKY BARNES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = .
Should be James Barnes for Secret Identity, same as Bucky's card to avoid overlap.

Assassin is certainly fitting for his class, but I wonder if it is an odd fit for him to bond with Hand Ninja. He could also be a Spy or Soldier.

Quote:
ACTIVATION AND MARK
At the start of the round before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed you may place him in your start zone. Choose one of your opponent's figure to be the Mark.

HUNTING THE MARK
When attacking the Mark Winter Soldier can use his normal attack as Special Attack. When you opponent reveals an Order Marker on the Mark you may move Winter Soldier up to 2 spaces.
I'd maybe group choosing the Mark and any attack bonuses as a single power.

I have no idea what "can use his normal attack as Special Attack means".

If choosing and attacking the Mark are grouped together, I'd love to see for a third power a Sniper Rifle SA or something along those lines.

Quote:
CRYOGENIC STASIS
If the Mark has been destroyed and Winter Soldier is not the only figure you control, place Winter Soldier on this card and remove up 2 Wound Markers from this card.
I really like Cryogenic Stasis and Activation and wonder if those would make more sense as one power. Something like this?

Quote:
CRYOGENIC STASIS
If the Mark has been destroyed and Winter Soldier is not the only figure you control, place Winter Soldier on this card and remove up 2 Wound Markers from this card. At the start of the round before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed, you may place him in your start zone.
Although I know we talked about "start zone" being a term that wasn't kosher to use in powers. Maybe say "place him adjacent to any other figure you control".
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Some good stuff so far. Here's my feedback.

Quote:
NAME = WINTER SOLDIER

SECRET IDENTITY = BUCKY BARNES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = .
Should be James Barnes for Secret Identity, same as Bucky's card to avoid overlap.
That a good point. Will be updated after moratorium.
Quote:
Assassin is certainly fitting for his class, but I wonder if it is an odd fit for him to bond with Hand Ninja. He could also be a Spy or Soldier.
HS is about the quirky bondings . I don't think he fits as a Spy or a Soldier. He was a Russian assassin that was kept in Cryogenic stasis when not on a mission. He was part of their army, he didn't go on spying missions, they brought him out of stasis for the single purpose of assassinating someone.
Quote:
Quote:
ACTIVATION AND MARK
At the start of the round before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed you may place him in your start zone. Choose one of your opponent's figure to be the Mark.

HUNTING THE MARK
When attacking the Mark Winter Soldier can use his normal attack as Special Attack. When you opponent reveals an Order Marker on the Mark you may move Winter Soldier up to 2 spaces.
I'd maybe group choosing the Mark and any attack bonuses as a single power.
I suppose you could but what clarity is that bringing to the powers. You have to choose a Mark when he is reactivated so I think that's the best place for that portion of his powers.
Quote:
I have no idea what "can use his normal attack as Special Attack means".
Fair enough I will have to make that clearer.
Quote:
If choosing and attacking the Mark are grouped together, I'd love to see for a third power a Sniper Rifle SA or something along those lines.
He has a range of 8 isn't that enough of a sniper rifle?
Quote:

Quote:
CRYOGENIC STASIS
If the Mark has been destroyed and Winter Soldier is not the only figure you control, place Winter Soldier on this card and remove up 2 Wound Markers from this card.
I really like Cryogenic Stasis and Activation and wonder if those would make more sense as one power. Something like this?

Quote:
CRYOGENIC STASIS
If the Mark has been destroyed and Winter Soldier is not the only figure you control, place Winter Soldier on this card and remove up 2 Wound Markers from this card. At the start of the round before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed, you may place him in your start zone.
As mentioned above the naming of the mark has to take place when he is activated, so I think that is enough in the one power.
Quote:
Although I know we talked about "start zone" being a term that wasn't kosher to use in powers. Maybe say "place him adjacent to any other figure you control".
We discussed it & decided it is an official term which is in the rule books. Regardless of the map having designated start zones you have to decide between the players where the start zones are in order to play a game, be it skirmish or scenario, so there is always a start zone.
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we decided that "start zone" was OK. Didn't we reference it on something already? Maybe I'm misremembering, but, yeah, it's an official term, so it is on the table.
I like Vengeful as a personality. Or if this is when he's still more programmed, maybe Disciplined or Precise? But I do like Vengeful.
The normal attack as a special attack is a head scratcher for me too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would this direction work? (Minor cosmetic changes to the first power, a tiny bit of an overhaul to the second, third remains the same).

ASSASSIN ACTIVATION

At the start of the round, before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed, you may place him in your start zone. After placing Winter Soldier, choose one of your opponent's figures to be Winter Soldier's Mark.

Range 10. Attack 4.
Winter Soldier may only attack his Mark with this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may move Winter Soldier up to 2 spaces.

CRYOGENIC STASIS

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2011, 12:57 AM

Ok this is what I feel the direction most are wanting:

NAME = WINTER SOLDIER

SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES BARNES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = COLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

ASSASSIN ACTIVATION
At the start of the round, before placing order markers, if Winter Soldier is not on the battlefield and has not been destroyed, you may place him in your start zone. After placing Winter Soldier, choose one of your opponent's figures to be Winter Soldier's Mark.When you opponent reveals an Order Marker on the Mark you may move Winter Soldier up to 2 spaces.

Range 10. Attack 4.
Winter Soldier may only attack his Mark with this special attack.

CRYOGENIC STASIS
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like that. I feel like the SA should have something more than just longer range. Maybe an automatic skull or something to make it better than his normal attack.
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Personally I really like that last writeup A3n.
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:49 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, that looks good. I think the power text flows better now.

I agree with tickle though, add something subtle to the SA so that it isn't just a range boost.

What do you guys think about doing something like this:

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 4.
If Winter Soldier is unengaged and his chosen Mark is within 10 clear sight spaces, instead of moving and attacking normally, he may attack that figure by rolling 4 attack dice. If the Mark is not destroyed, after attacking with this special attack, Winter Soldier may move up to 6 spaces. If Winter Soldier ends this movement adjacent to his chosen Mark, he may attack one additional time.
I was thinking of The Bourne Identity scene where the other super soldier is trying to snipe Jason and when he missed, he moves in to finish the job. You could also use it to move him back too, but you'd have incentive to try and take out the Mark and attacking that figure again would be good reason to for it. It also gives the feel of a bad@ss assassin who is really determined to take someone out.

Last edited by Good Pig; July 17th, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

That is pretty cool, but it is sooo lengthy of a special attack, and I would like to keep the text down if possible.

Now that I have had some rest, I do agree that a mere range boost and "switch" to a special attack is not enough of a distinction or benefit to really make me feel excited about using the special attack.

What about a more assassin like attack that also bites a bit of the theme from snipers (which he kinda is really, especially with this special attack):

Range 10. Attack 4.

Winter Soldier may only attack his Mark with this special attack. When a non-adjacent figure receives one or more wounds from this special attack, it receives one additional wound if Winter Soldier did not move this turn.
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM

The simple approach works, but I prefer the fun version.

I did a quick check and that SA with other 2 powers fit on a card with room to spare at the largest text size.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library