Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Main event armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The tron build seems to take the biggest hit with this format. Maybe I am just not thinking it through...
Agreed; I couldn't make it work well either. The best I can do:

240 Gladiatrons x3
120 Blastarons x2
80 Raelin RotV
440, 21 hexes (60 points light)

575 (+135): Laglor+Marcu/Dumutef
600 (+160): Q10+Isamu
640 (+200): Q9+Marcu

The upgrades work OK, but you have filler in each case, and you're running really light on day 1.
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The tron build seems to take the biggest hit with this format. Maybe I am just not thinking it through...
I would agree with that.

The best I can think of would be:

3x Glads 240
2x Blasts 360
Raelin 440
Zetacron 500 (23)

75- James Murphy!
100- Syvarris!
140- DW9K?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Here's what I'm thinking of for now:

Deathreavers x3 - 120
Kaemon Awa - 120
Major Q10 - 150
Krav Maga - 100
(10 points short... I'll take the chance and go without filler)
Assuming I make day 2:

75 - Raelin seems the logical choice
100 - Raelin, Guilty McCreech
140 - Raelin, Marro Warriors, Marcu

My only concern right now is wondering whether Raelin or the Deathreavers would be more important for Day 1. Regardless, if I could make it to day 2 with this army, I'd like my odds.
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why Q10 and Kaemon Awa? I think I'd rather drop Q10 and one Deathreaver and add in Raelin and 2 Stingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Why Q10 and Kaemon Awa? I think I'd rather drop Q10 and one Deathreaver and add in Raelin and 2 Stingers.
Well, I had success with a similar army not too long ago. While I've done decently with the Stingers I just feel that Q10 and Kaemon Awa more than any other figures in the game benefit most with the Deathreavers due to the weak range of their special. It might seem a bit redundant considering they both serve kind of the same purpose... however I like the idea that even if one dies, the other will still be around.
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM

n10do Woo who?
Cool Re: Main event armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTrainChooChoo View Post
Quote:
Well, I had success with a similar army not too long ago. While I've done decently with the Stingers I just feel that Q10 and Kaemon Awa more than any other figures in the game benefit most with the Deathreavers due to the weak range of their special. It might seem a bit redundant considering they both serve kind of the same purpose... however I like the idea that even if one dies, the other will still be around.
How about dropping the Krav, and putting in another set of Deathreavers and then Zetacron? Just a suggestion.
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

It seems to me that Deathreavers give the most flexibility in this format. I would suggest the following:

185 Nilf
150 Q10
80 Raelin v1
80 2 x Deathreavers

Add 2 x Deathreavers for 575. Add Kozuke Samurai or 2 x WoA [, more Deathreavers & Johnny,] [Krav, Microcorp . . . zzzzzzzz] for 600. Add Deathreavers to 600 for 640. Considered Major X-17 to tie down Cyprien [or Q9 or whatever Big Hero].

David
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTrainChooChoo View Post
Quote:
I really think 3 squads of reavers is plenty. When I play 3 squads, I normally find that, if I run out of them, I'd already lost anyway and the 4th squad wouldn't have changed that.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

An effort at a Braxas army:

210 Braxas
80 Deathreavers x2
180 Marro Stingers x3
470, 19 hexes

80 Raelin Rotv
25 Dumutef Guard
575, 22 hexes

10 Isamu
120 Krug
600, 22 hexes

50 Me-Burq-Sa
120 Krug
640, 23 hexes

Hmmm.... I don't like it. 30 points light on day 1 and I've still got spare bits of filler in every day 2 build.

210 Braxas
120 Deathreavers x3
150 Cyprien Esenwein
470, 15 hexes

45 Sonya Esenwein
60 Zetacron
575, 18 hexes

10 Isamu
120 Krug
600, 18 hexes

50 Marro Warriors (or Sonya, depending on matchups)
120 Krug
640, 21 hexes

The day 2 points work out better, but the day 1 army is still running light and is terribly vulnerable to Q9/Q10.

150 Roman Legionnaires x3
90 Ne-Gok-Sa
50 Me-Burq-Sa
210 Braxas
500, 17 hexes

50 Marro Warriors
25 Dumutef Guard
575, 23 hexes

100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
600, 18 hexes

30 Eldgrim TVC
10 Isamu
100 Marcus Decimus Gallus
640, 20 hexes

Decent on day 1, good on day 2 if a shield hits. Vulnerable to the modern meta.
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! So many Reaver armies! Here's what I'm looking at:

In the Red
Zelrig.............185pts
10th Reg. x 3...410pts
Raelin v1.........490pts
Isamu.............500pts (16 hexes)

If skull: add 10th Reg. (20 hexes)
If shield: add KMA (19 hexes)
If symbol: add 4th Mass x2? (24 hexes)

~ET86

P.S. Credit for this army goes to Jexik who sent the idea to me as we were preparing for a 500pt. tourny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Wow! So many Reaver armies! Here's what I'm looking at:

In the Red
10th Reg. x 3...410pts
Raelin v1.........490pts

~ET86

P.S. Credit for this army goes to Jexik who sent the idea to me as we were preparing for a 500pt. tourny.
I'd drop Isamu for Day 1 that way you can add 2x10th if the Symbol comes up. You can always add him for Day 2 if the Shield or the Skull come up.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
In the Red
10th Reg. x 3...410pts
Raelin v1.........490pts

I'd drop Isamu for Day 1 that way you can add 2x10th if the Symbol comes up.
Just to double check, there are no limits on the amount of common squads one can use, correct? Someone could (hypothetically) go with 5x Omnicrons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion