Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Brave Arrow

The Book of Brave Arrow

Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - Heroes of the Moon Tribe

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: TBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
TRACKING
While moving, Brave Arrow may add 2 to his Move value. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

SCOUT MELEE ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
All friendly Scouts adjacent to Brave Arrow receive an additional attack die when attacking a figure adjacent to them.

CONCEALMENT 10
If Brave Arrow is targeted and receives one or more wounds from an attacking figure who is not adjacent, you must roll the 20-sided die. Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacker and Brave Arrow. Add this number to your die roll. If you roll a 10 or higher, ignore any wounds Brave Arrow just received.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

• - CONCEALMENT : Determining the Bonus?
    On Concealment, if a Mohican is 5 spaces away from the attacking figure, does that mean he can add 5 to the roll?
    No. The minimum number of spaces is not the range that the figures are at. It is the number of spaces BETWEEN the 2 figures. In the example, if the Mohican is being attacked at a range of 5, the minimum number of spaces between the 2 figures is
    more than likely 4. Do not count either space the figures are on. (Hasbro FAQ v9.4 p15)
  • - CONCEALMENT : What triggers Concealment?
    What attacks and abilities qualify as targeting Brave Arrow?
    Most of the time, any time a figure is affected by an Attack or a Special Attack, they are targeted. There are a few exceptions. "Area" Attacks like DW9000's Explosion, Gurei-Oni's Tetsubo, or Zelrig's Majestic Fires only target one figure, but also affect those other figures adjacent to the target. Brave Arrow may only roll for Concealment if he is the target of a non-adjacent figure's attack. Additionally, Special Abilities that inflict wounds - like Dragon Swoop - are not Attacks, and do not trigger Concealment rolls.
  • - CONCEALMENT : Okay, what about Mimring?
    Does Mimring's Line of Fire Special Attack trigger Concealment?
    No, Mimring is the exception. Brave Arrow may not roll for Concealment against Line of Fire because it does not specifically target any figures.
  • - SCOUT MELEE ATTACK ENHANCEMENT : Friendly Figures
    What figures are considered friendly?
    Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- MOHICAN RIVER TRIBE : War Cry
As a Unique Tribesman Hero, Brave Arrow can take a turn after the Mohican River Tribe if two or more Tribesmen are engaged at the end of their turn.

Synergy Benefits Offered

- SCOUT MELEE ATTACK ENHANCEMENT : Scout Units
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Brave Arrow- Though decent as a stand-alone figure or pseudo-bonded to the Mohican River Tribe, Brave Arrow has yet to prove his true value. B+

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 7 (64/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Master Index
Build a Competitive army with Brave Arrow and the Mohicans

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: vc added
Old May 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Brave Arrow

So the Native Americans have synergy with the Vipers and Spiders. Interesting. I see new armies already forming there:

Brave Arrow 50
River Tribe x2 190
Fyorlag x3 310
Sujoah 495

Brave Arrow 50
River Tribe x3 260
VW 380
Venocs x3 500

Last edited by spiteofthedice; May 24th, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:00 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see this guy working by himself as a clean-up unit. He has fast move, some invulnrability from range attacks, decent attack and defense, and is only 50 points. He should be able to hold his own against other clean-up units.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm just glad to contribute, Rev!

I think that Brave Arrow and his Mohicans are going to make a great clean up crew, or a first assault. But they seem to burn bright and fast (not unlike the Vipers they synergize so well with), so they lack the stability to serve as a reliable army core.

But this is all theory at this point, so maybe I should test them out, first...

Old May 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hm, never thought about them as a clean-up unit.
Mohicans x2
Brave arrow

That right there is 190 points for clean-up. I don't think that would be worth it.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

Clean up unit or early scout party? Who cares, their defense ability so far is unique and interesting and I think either way they will be fun to play.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If he's being attacked at 6 range, Brave Arrow has an 80% to doge.
(If I did my math right that is. 10+=55%, +5 spaces= additional 25%)

That's pretty darn awesome. Fast move, nigh-invulnerable from range. Glyph grabber anyone?
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
If he's being attacked at 6 range, Brave Arrow has an 80% to doge.
I think you just answered my question: His card says "count the spaces between," which should mean "do not count the spaces on which the two figures are standing," correct?

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I don't think we agree. If BA is being attacked at 6 range, you should be adding 5 to his die-roll, the 5 spaces between the two figures. 10+5=15=only a 75% chance to dodge.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

I think the developers have figured out that medium non-ranged heroes need some extra survivability to be useful. Good.

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 20th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I read it the way you read it spite. A 10+ is actually 11 numbers though.

10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20=11 numbers. 5% per number= 55%

5 spaces between means 5 more numbers: 5,6,7,8,9, which equals 25%

55%+25%=80%
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Hm, never thought about them as a clean-up unit.
Mohicans x2
Brave arrow

That right there is 190 points for clean-up. I don't think that would be worth it.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. It'd be hard for him not to earn his points back against some squad figures in the end of a game. I also like the design on tracking- it lets him move faster in those early "wait until I get you" stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart

As soon as Wave 9 comes out and Wave 1 is re-released, I am going to try a Natives & Vipers army. MRT+Brave Arrow+Venocs+Mittens is something I can see becoming a tournament-worthy army. Right now, power rankings wise, I can see the Mohicans & Brave Arrow being in the B+ or A range. Also, there's a little typo in the first post; siege is spelled wrong (same in the Mohicans book).

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units