Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 8th, 2015, 02:44 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NORTHWEST: Missions tournament

Sweet. Thanks @ROADRAGE . We're really looking forward to getting some HS in. Unfortunately it's been far too long!

See you all Saturday!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old January 9th, 2015, 08:15 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

Well dang it! Looks like I'm going to miss the tournament this time; my wife got her wisdom teeth pulled today so I will be staying home and taking care of her and watching the kids. I sure hope to see some battle reports and see the different army's everybody brings . I hope to see you guys soon at the next tournament.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old January 9th, 2015, 08:19 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

It's kinda funny but I still didn't even know what I would've played tomorrow it was a real challange building for this. Great job @ROADRAGE for putting such a great format together.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to hear you can't make it, White Q Knight.

Roadrage - thanks for the tremendous amount of work in putting the missions together. This will be a very different tournament.

Just so I'm clear . . . my Siege figure has 4 wounds out of his 5 life after the 6th round. My opponent doesn't earn any "points destroyed" for Siege because he is a hero, correct? At least I think that is what full card scoring means. Also, for the most points on the road scenario, does Sieges full points count, even if he has four wounds?

Nomad's advice:
Bring your calculators. Be willing to help the younger and less experienced crowd with selecting their army. Have fun. Give Roadrage, et al, kudos for putting this together.
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:09 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Roadrage - thanks for the tremendous amount of work in putting the missions together. This will be a very different tournament.

Just so I'm clear . . . my Siege figure has 4 wounds out of his 5 life after the 6th round. My opponent doesn't earn any "points destroyed" for Siege because he is a hero, correct? At least I think that is what full card scoring means. Also, for the most points on the road scenario, does Sieges full points count, even if he has four wounds?

Nomad's advice:
Bring your calculators. Be willing to help the younger and less experienced crowd with selecting their army. Have fun. Give Roadrage, et al, kudos for putting this together.
This file is a little out of date but it can be *super* helpful:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=873
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:28 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice info for the breakdown for squads.

But, heroes are scored at full card in this tournament, so if they aren't destroyed fully, then your opponent doesn't get any credit for points destroyed for wounds they inflict on heroes. My understanding is that this was case to encourage the use of heroes as stated in the OP. This is my first tournament run under these guidelines and it sure made a difference in army selection.
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:12 AM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Nomad's advice:

You are 100% correct sir, this type of scoring makes hero's worth more if they survive to the end of the game then squads while still allowing anything and everything to show up at this tournament. Also yes on Siege if he is on the proper road spaces at the end of Road Rampage and Ambush Alley.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:42 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sew...

It looks like I should have no issue bringing the map. Constructing it and transporting it might be a bit more difficult as in my brilliance I do not seem to have something capable of carrying the map without the thing collapsing. If I just brought the terrain would I have sufficient time to build it up there? Lemme know.

~Dysole, trying to help
Old January 10th, 2015, 03:03 AM

Shouldn't be a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
It looks like I should have no issue bringing the map. Constructing it and transporting it might be a bit more difficult as in my brilliance I do not seem to have something capable of carrying the map without the thing collapsing. If I just brought the terrain would I have sufficient time to build it up there? Lemme know.

~Dysole, trying to help
I believe so, I'll be there from 11:45 on at the latest making sure all details are covered. Thanks for the help(everyone that is bringing a map)!

25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:26 PM

Thanks again to everyone that made it out! 19 for a turnout these days is pretty good. Kiddo and I really had a great time and for some reason the time just seemed to fly by on this one(to fast in my opinion) probably due the stories I kept hearing about all the razor close games.

Kuddos to Dysole for doing the double wammy and taking first place and solving the riddle.

The best sportsman was also great with 10 getting only 1 vote and Lillian with 2 votes for the win.

Final standings:

Dysole
Ryland
Roadrage
quozl
Master of disaster
Huskies16
Louisa
obfuscatedhippo
Caleb
William099
Jason
Longy418
I_r_beej
Nomad
Riley
Lillian
Sydney
Piper

Old January 11th, 2015, 05:12 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Thanks for hosting Roadrage. This tournament was a lot of fun.

Here's what I played:
Jotun
Valguard
Guilty
Dreadgul Raidersx5
Major Q10
Krav Agents
Marrow Warriors
Isamu
------
Win/Loss Ratio 5:2
Old January 11th, 2015, 09:18 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for hosting Roadrage, all 4 of us enjoyed. A couple of scenarios were really tough, but fun regardless. 3 of your Talisman of Defense glyphs, and your princess- that Lillian successfully saved her last game managed to make it home with me, so I will get them back to you next time. We appreciate all the work for this one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events